Page 97 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Hey, did you guys know that Whitney was the plus size model this season? I sure didn't!

I really hope she leaves next. If she was as talented as Sarah last cycle I would have no problem with the whole plus size thing, but she sucks just as much as all the other plus size models (excluding Sarah, of course). I have only liked one of her pictures. The others were either average or bad.

i dont know how people can like whitney. first off she comes off as fake. and second EVERY week she has her little plus sized rant, oh i was looking at the clothes....but im plus sized... i want a plus sized to win.. omg usually a plus sized woman goes home this week.... and also whenever someone wins a challenge she ALWAYS has to be jealous and say something negative.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 04-25-2008 at 01:51 PM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by retropixel;2945523;
    i dont know how people can like whitney. first off she comes off as fake. and second EVERY week she has her little plus size rant, oh i was looking at the clothes....but im plus size... i want a plus size to win.. omg usually a plus size woman goes home this week.... and also whenever someone wins a challenge she ALWAYS has to be jealous and say something negative.
    I have never once seen anything "fake" about her. She is exactly the same personality in every situation. Some might like that personality, others not, but that really is her. I have never seen her pretend to be a different person.

When she talked about Anya winning the last challenge, she said, "And what am I doing?" She was being hard on herself, not on Anya.

As for the plus-size rant, god, this last episode proved she's been right all the time. That Italian designer couldn't stop praising one girl after another for being "skinny," and he praised Lauren's "skinny legs." Oh, and there on the rack was the challenge award: a dress in a SIZE 2. So Whitney was automatically ineligible to win.

And later in panel, even the models that did terribly in the commercial, like Anya and Lauren, still got praised for looking right.

So the message seems to be, a girl can make an absolute disaster of her commercial, but still get praise just for looking thin.

If anything, Whitney is understating how much anti-plus bias there is, and the last episode proved it.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 04-25-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duckiies;2945401;
    Hey, did you guys know that Whitney was the plus size model this season? I sure didn't!

I really hope she leaves next. If she was as talented as Sarah last cycle I would have no problem with the whole plus size thing, but she sucks just as much as all the other plus size models (excluding Sarah, of course). I have only liked one of her pictures. The others were either average or bad.
    I loved Sarah, too. Unfortunately, she wasn't quite plus-sized enough for the industry (from what I understand). I wish they had a regular girl category.

Quote Originally Posted by duckiies;2945401;

I can't agree more!! You know why, maybe because sarah doesn't have this kind of personality: "i am plus-size and I eat and I hate skinny girls so much". Sarah is like so natural and nice. plus she got talent. Unlike whitney. Maybe her pictures are good but her walk.. and her personality?
    Miss Jay: "But that's why it's called COVERGIRL cause it covers up the man in you.."

Quote Originally Posted by Eydtkuhnen;2945597;
    I have never once seen anything "fake" about her. She is exactly the same personality in every situation. Some might like that personality, others not, but that really is her. I have never seen her pretend to be a different person.

When she talked about Anya winning the last challenge, she said, "And what am I doing?" She was being hard on herself, not on Anya.

As for the plus-size rant, god, this last episode proved she's been right all the time. That Italian designer couldn't stop praising one girl after another for being "skinny," and he praised Lauren's "skinny legs." Oh, and there on the rack was the challenge award: a dress in a SIZE 2. So Whitney was automatically ineligible to win.

And later in panel, even the models that did terribly in the commercial, like Anya and Lauren, still got praised for looking right.

So the message seems to be, a girl can make an absolute disaster of her commercial, but still get praise just for looking thin.

If anything, Whitney is understating how much anti-plus bias there is, and the last episode proved it.
    Praise Eydtkuhnen! I love Whitney, she deserves a win in a challenge or something.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 04-25-2008 at 01:53 PM.
    Homeless: Whitney Lingerie: Marvita Meat Packing District: Anya Beauty Shot w/ Paint: Stacy Ann Music Genres: Whitney Fuerza Bruta: Fatima Jet - Setters: Lauren Covergirl Commercial: Katarzyna Roman Castle: Dominique Famous Movie Icons: Anya Covergirl: ? Runway: ?

FORT Fogey

Sarah C9 is HORRIBLE. Worst than Diana.
    I think she's the worst plus size ever. She had no chin! Whitney has two.

FORT Newbie

Her personality kinda sucks, but i think she her pictures aren't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexiel;2946247;
    Sarah C9 is HORRIBLE. Worst than Diana.
    I think she's the worst plus size ever. She had no chin! Whitney has two.
    really? i really think diana is the worst one (maybe because I don't like her pro-gun and gummy bears photo sooo much)..

I never notice about Sarah's chin though..

and yeah I have to agree some of Whitney's pictures are great (I like the homeless one).
    Miss Jay: "But that's why it's called COVERGIRL cause it covers up the man in you.."

I think all the plus sized models were good in their cycles. I cant really label one as "the worst". But I do think Whitney is one of the best or the best yet. I hope she makes it far, atleast final 3.
    J-"Do you really want to know?"
    T-"Break. it. down."
    J-"Impala SS. Cuz I be goin' kind of fast when I want to, weavin' like a hair do. Two tone: red on the bottom white on top. Rims, tint, System, bumpin', fly, FLYYYY!!"