Page 96 of 255 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama;2944932;
    I have made this point before in different places, but I feel it's pertinent here, so here it goes.

To everyone who hates Whitney for talking about the other girls, please tell me, where are you now? We are all posting on a website where we say things about these girls that are beyond condescending, and we haven't even met them.

I'm also defending her, because I know if I were in the ANTM house, I'd have plenty of negative opinions about the other girls, which I'm sure would develop from constant exposure to them. I also know myself well enough to say that I would definitely share those unflattering opinions, and I don't think it would make me a terrible person for doing so.
    Thank you! I agree with you. It is a bit hypocritical to hate Whitney for being catty and talking about the other girls, when everyone talks about them on this website and say the most horrible things about them. I have even done it, so I would never say I dislike her for that. Also, anyone who has ever lived in a college dorm or had female roommates or whatever should realize that girls talk about each other in that situation and can be really nasty to each other. I know if I were in the Top Model house, I would get sick of all those girls and would probably flip out on them from time to time and not be shy about critisizing them. That seems natural in that situation, because unlike a dorm situation, these girls can't just leave the house for a while whenever they want to--they are forced to be stuck with each other and I imagine in that situation, even the most minor thing would be annoying.

I actually dont think Whitney is drawing so much attention to herself being plus size. Yeah, she rants about it once and a while but I would too if I was surronded by skinny models and I was bigger. She is at a disadvantage and shes doing a good job of staying at the same level as the other girls without being all the -whiney waa im plus size it isnt fair- type.
    J-"Do you really want to know?"
    T-"Break. it. down."
    J-"Impala SS. Cuz I be goin' kind of fast when I want to, weavin' like a hair do. Two tone: red on the bottom white on top. Rims, tint, System, bumpin', fly, FLYYYY!!"

Whitney is one of the better plus size girls they've had. I think she tends to be way over the top. The commercial came off as fake and too forced and I do agree with (well I forget who) that her walk needs toned down. These are all things that can be worked on. I do think her size gives her difficulties--notice how the designers mention her "pretty face", which is a way to give a complement without being so rude as to say "you're too fat for this job". I wouldn't be surprised if they send her home next.

FORT Fogey

Go away Whiney, GO AWAY

Quote Originally Posted by Sportysarah8;2945104;
    I actually dont think Whitney is drawing so much attention to herself being plus size. Yeah, she rants about it once and a while but I would too if I was surronded by skinny models and I was bigger. She is at a disadvantage and shes doing a good job of staying at the same level as the other girls without being all the -whiney waa im plus size it isnt fair- type.
    You do have a point. I can't really empathize with her since I wear a size 1 or 2 at most and therefore don't know what it is like to be plus size, but I would think it would be hard for her. Her curves are NOT seen as a positive thing and even the comments on her "pretty face" are not really compliments. Even in the lingerie shoot, they swathed her in so much fabric and they just act as though they don't know how to dress her. So I think she can be given some slack for mentioning her plus size status.

Team Whitney/Katarzyna Epochalypse's Avatar

It's a shame that the fans of the other girls are picking on Whitney for no reason, to be honest I think all the girls at this stage are quite equal in terms of how they're doing in the competition, everyone deserves to be there.
    Cycle 10 Favourite's - Whitney, Aimee and Amis
    Best Photo's
    Homeless - Aimee, Makeover - Claire, Lingerie - Marvita, Paint - Aimee,
    Music - Whitney, Fuerzabruta - Whitney, Jetsetters - Dominique, Commercial - Katarzyna, Roman Castle - Fatima, Movie Icons - Anya, CoverGirl - Whitney

i don't like that everyone is constantly ragging on whitney, yes she is kind of catty, but being a plus size model she has to have a little resentment towards the other girls because she has to work twice as hard to get the same attention/feedback, and i mean look at the last challenge, it was totally not meant for a plus size girl, the prize dress was soo tiny they'd have to alter it so much to fit her size (even though she is not fat) so it wouldn't even be worth it, plus she's the best plus size model to ever be on top model, and i freakin' loved her commercial, she had sass and was a little fake but it reminded me of italian acting, this was the first time i've agreed with tyra in a long time! LEAVE WHITNEY ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahha SHE'S A HUMAN!!!, (chris crocker reference anyone?)
    My ANTM: Adrianne, April, Norelle, Brittany, Jayla, Sara, AJ, Jael, Jenah, Whitney
    C10's Weekly Best Pictures
    Week 1 - Kim, Makeover - Fatima, Week 2 - Marvita, Week 3 - Lauren, Week 4 - Anya, Week 5 - Kata, Week 6 - Whitney, Week 7 - Lauren, Week 8 - Whitney, Week 9 - Fatima, Week 10 - Whitney, Finale ?

I agree with you divaman101. So her commerical wants all giddy "Covergirl" but it was sassy and maybe a tad fake but she really pulled it off. I dont think she should have been in the bottom two.
    J-"Do you really want to know?"
    T-"Break. it. down."
    J-"Impala SS. Cuz I be goin' kind of fast when I want to, weavin' like a hair do. Two tone: red on the bottom white on top. Rims, tint, System, bumpin', fly, FLYYYY!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2945131;
    You do have a point. I can't really empathize with her since I wear a size 1 or 2 at most and therefore don't know what it is like to be plus size, but I would think it would be hard for her. Her curves are NOT seen as a positive thing and even the comments on her "pretty face" are not really compliments. Even in the lingerie shoot, they swathed her in so much fabric and they just act as though they don't know how to dress her. So I think she can be given some slack for mentioning her plus size status.
    I can empathize with her. I've been both an unhealthy 0 (now that would be a 00 in today's sizes) and an overweight (BMI obese) 10. People were kind and even complimentary to me when I was anorexic. But overweight? I got the nasty comments and the "pretty face" stuff. And the "here comes rollo rolling around the bend" when playing sports.

Now when I say she has a striking face, I mean it. Not in a "but your face is pretty and you have a good personality" type of thing. If she was rail-thin, I would still think she had a pretty face.

Plus, out of 24 hours in a day, how much does she really say it? And, she IS the only plus-size and it IS hard.

But she is on a reality TV show, so she's fair game to defend and criticize. I think its been pretty even on the comments.

FORT Fanatic

I have made this point before in different places, but I feel it's pertinent here, so here it goes.

To everyone who hates Whitney for talking about the other girls, please tell me, where are you now? We are all posting on a website where we say things about these girls that are beyond condescending, and we haven't even met them.

I'm also defending her, because I know if I were in the ANTM house, I'd have plenty of negative opinions about the other girls, which I'm sure would develop from constant exposure to them. I also know myself well enough to say that I would definitely share those unflattering opinions, and I don't think it would make me a terrible person for doing so.
    Thank you!

Also, I don't get what was the big deal about the "Oh Anya... so blond..." comment.

It seemed kind of sweet to me. Anya starts equating "rolling" with a photoshoot on a river? That was an airhead moment, therefore Whitney's comment is appropriate.

And I'm saying this as a BIG Anya supporter. I hope Whitney makes it to fourth place (maybe even third) but I hope (well, it's pretty obvious at this point) that Anya wins it all. She deserves it.
    Wiest, Whitney seems to be very familiar with ANTM history, so I think that's the reason why she overdoes it so much. Every single other plus size always gets heavily criticized for losing their personality so Whitney just overdoes it as a result. She knows Tyra believes plus sized models need to have plus sized personalities.
    Thank you I agree, People sometimes people forget that this is creatively edited, and they ask you things in the confessional. I think people are making too much out of the Anya things, and the fakeness, well I think she's working on it, people need to give this curvaceous child a break!
    Finally! The voice of reason. I actually think the bitching is funny. I wouldn't even call it bitching to be honest. To me if there is a point to it, i.e, it's humourous, it's not just bitching to make someone feel bad, the there's not toomuch of a problem. It's what makes her, well Whitney. And she's intelligent with, so she doesn't take it too far. It's not like she's Jade for crying out loud. It's obvious that her and Anya her good friends aswell, so there's no hidden agenda there. I think it's sweet, she'd probably say the blonde stuff to her face anyway.

She can talk about the other girls all she wants. Everybody does it. So I don't care and I don't think any less of her for having an opinion of somebody else.

My main gripe with her is her walk. It doesn't look like a fashion walk to me. It looks more like "Yeah I'm hot" stripperesque walk. I know as a woman with more meat on her bones her body is going to have more movement but she overdoes it. It's not a casual strut, it's a full-fledged "here I come. I'm the main attraction" stomp.

If only she'd tone it down.
    Yes you're absoultely right. She's so likeable in confessionals, and funny. Yet she takes on this new persona as soon as she's in a challenge or form of competition. And unfortunately, with this comes her dreadful walk. There's just too much of a "sachet" (?) that comes with it! The way she stands with her hands on her hips waiting for the results aswell, bless her, I love her to bits, she makes me laugh, but it screams Miss America.