Page 95 of 255 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

FORT Fanatic

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmygosh;2938580;
    I dont like that she is calling Anya dumb either. Its rude, and I hope she leaves soon because her personality is so fake and annoying.
    Agreed. Anya's not the only one she does it to either; she does it to everyone.

Grah, last night was the first night I truly hated Whitney. More than Dominique even - seriously, MORE THAN DOMINIQUE. I actually wanted Whitney to go home even if Lauren's disaster of a commercial was worse just because she was so nasty to Anya. Here's hoping she's gone next.

Me too, comparing lauren to whitney, I prefer lauren although she does not have the walk and the talk.
    We Will Always Love You Anya!
    You Are Our High Fashion Top Model Forever!

FORT Newbie

Whitney is fake and acts way conceited. I really like Dominique, but I just hate Whitney, and I hope she is sent home next week :[

She did seem fake in her commercial but I think that if she can fix the "fakeness" so could really turn it out.
    J-"Do you really want to know?"
    T-"Break. it. down."
    J-"Impala SS. Cuz I be goin' kind of fast when I want to, weavin' like a hair do. Two tone: red on the bottom white on top. Rims, tint, System, bumpin', fly, FLYYYY!!"

FORT Fogey

I have made this point before in different places, but I feel it's pertinent here, so here it goes.

To everyone who hates Whitney for talking about the other girls, please tell me, where are you now? We are all posting on a website where we say things about these girls that are beyond condescending, and we haven't even met them.

I'm also defending her, because I know if I were in the ANTM house, I'd have plenty of negative opinions about the other girls, which I'm sure would develop from constant exposure to them. I also know myself well enough to say that I would definitely share those unflattering opinions, and I don't think it would make me a terrible person for doing so.

FORT Fogey

She can talk about the other girls all she wants. Everybody does it. So I don't care and I don't think any less of her for having an opinion of somebody else.

My main gripe with her is her walk. It doesn't look like a fashion walk to me. It looks more like "Yeah I'm hot" stripperesque walk. I know as a woman with more meat on her bones her body is going to have more movement but she overdoes it. It's not a casual strut, it's a full-fledged "here I come. I'm the main attraction" stomp.

If only she'd tone it down.

Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama;2944932;
    I have made this point before in different places, but I feel it's pertinent here, so here it goes.

To everyone who hates Whitney for talking about the other girls, please tell me, where are you now? We are all posting on a website where we say things about these girls that are beyond condescending, and we haven't even met them.

I'm also defending her, because I know if I were in the ANTM house, I'd have plenty of negative opinions about the other girls, which I'm sure would develop from constant exposure to them. I also know myself well enough to say that I would definitely share those unflattering opinions, and I don't think it would make me a terrible person for doing so.
    Thank you!

Also, I don't get what was the big deal about the "Oh Anya... so blond..." comment.

It seemed kind of sweet to me. Anya starts equating "rolling" with a photoshoot on a river? That was an airhead moment, therefore Whitney's comment is appropriate.

And I'm saying this as a BIG Anya supporter. I hope Whitney makes it to fourth place (maybe even third) but I hope (well, it's pretty obvious at this point) that Anya wins it all. She deserves it.

Wiest, Whitney seems to be very familiar with ANTM history, so I think that's the reason why she overdoes it so much. Every single other plus size always gets heavily criticized for losing their personality so Whitney just overdoes it as a result. She knows Tyra believes plus sized models need to have plus sized personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama;2944932;

Thank you I agree, People sometimes people forget that this is creatively edited, and they ask you things in the confessional. I think people are making too much out of the Anya things, and the fakeness, well I think she's working on it, people need to give this curvaceous child a break!

FORT Regular

I actually didn't think Whitney's comment towards Anya was mean at all. Rather, I thought her comments about Lauren (if I remember correctly) were much more negative and uncalled for.

Whitney's got a beautiful face. <-- this is both an astounding tautology and a euphemism used by designers for, "Whitney is too fat."

And, a shout-out to Whitney: Please stop bringing attention to the fact that you are plus-size. We know.