Page 94 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Whitney's just jealous of Anya. It's obvious.
    Homeless: Kimberly Lingerie: Katarzyna
    Meat: Claire Paint: Dominique
    Music: Anya Fuerzabruta: Fatima Jetsetter: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Rennaisance: Dominique Paparazzi: Anya Covergirl: Whitney

Whitney is beautiful. One thing I'd like to say that isn't pro-Whitney is that she shouldn't make comments about Anya, because she knows what its' like to be different. Other than that I am Whitney all the way even though I don't think the Judges will see it that way, but that's ok, Whitney has confidence which isn't seen in a lot of plus size girls.

Quote Originally Posted by BustaK;2940574;
    Reading all these "fat" comments, is it any wonder Whitney is so defensive and loud about her weight?

I like her personality, I just think she overdoes it too much. She needs to lose the Miss America vibe.

People tend to be very mean about weight issues. Fat isn't enough. Fat pig just to get that extra zinger in. And I am not commenting on anything anyone in particular is saying on the board. Just about society in general.

I've been paying attention to plus-size models with all the comments about you "have to" have a perfect hour-glass figure. At least at the commercial level, Whitney looks better than the ones I've been seeing in catalogues. Frankly, I think having the smaller breasts helps the clothes lay better.

Her face is stunning. I'm not talking supermodel status, because frankly, NO models on ANTM come even clothes to the truly top level models. Skinny or plus-size.

Now should she be insinuating that people are stupid? No. Is the pageant vibe irritating? Yes. When I do watch the show, I usually don't even bother to have the sounds on (my son just goes to bed when it starts, and I don't want noise to keep him up when he is first drifting off). So I don't know who is the mean one or the annoying one. I just like looking at the pictures and how they do on the particular photo shoot or challenge.

I personally don't think that Anya is dumb just her voice in general might make people believe at first that she is an airhead. I don't think Whitney meant it as serious as some people are taking it.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

the only reason why this cycle's go sees are in New york is because America is fat and is probably one of the only places to have plus size girls. if they did go sees in rome, probably no designers have clothes for fat people.

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar

Fat is a term that is thrown around a lot these days without people really knowing what it actually means. Your only fat if you are clinically overweight, and if you were to look Whitney up on a BMI chart, she probably would be verging on the over-weight section, but still not in it. She's just a beautiful normal sized woman.
    To me anyway.
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar

And read the signature!
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

Team Whitney/Katarzyna Epochalypse's Avatar

I don't understand why Whitney get's her Miss America on infront of the camera's. When she does confessionals she seems so natural (and looks amazing btw).

I'm so relieved she was saved, the amount of screentime she got this episode made me think she was being sent home, I'm glad for once the editing didn't make it obvious who was going!
    Cycle 10 Favourite's - Whitney, Aimee and Amis
    Best Photo's
    Homeless - Aimee, Makeover - Claire, Lingerie - Marvita, Paint - Aimee,
    Music - Whitney, Fuerzabruta - Whitney, Jetsetters - Dominique, Commercial - Katarzyna, Roman Castle - Fatima, Movie Icons - Anya, CoverGirl - Whitney

Quote Originally Posted by Epochalypse;2943901;
    I don't understand why Whitney get's her Miss America on infront of the camera's. When she does confessionals she seems so natural (and looks amazing btw).

I'm so relieved she was saved, the amount of screentime she got this episode made me think she was being sent home, I'm glad for once the editing didn't make it obvious who was going!
    I really don't have a problem with her for a number of reasons:

1. The over-the-top Miss America vibe: I guess it is a defense mechanism in part. The other part all of the other plus-size girls were criticized for losing their spunk. Whit maybe going overboard trying to compensate for that.

2. Being a meanie: Well, frankly, she just seems a bit snotty. You guys remember some of the earlier cycle girls? Yikes. Elise was vicious. Truly mean. Mean. (And I liked her as a model. Don't really care about their personalities if they can knock out a photo shoot.) And so have some of the other girls. Whitney is sorority girl snotty at times.

3. Talent as a model: I think her face is stunning and that compensates for her less-than-ideal model figure. I think her figure is actually better than the extreme hourglass ones people talk about. But that is just my preference. I think she would be an excellent commercial model. Better than about 75 percent of what I've seen in the commercial world. Now, I have to say I have no idea about the high fashion world of plus-size.

4. The prize-package: Hello! The modeling agency doesn't even have a plus-size division.

Her commercial was fine. Her photos have been fine. But she needs to step it up to deserve a spot in the final 3.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2944440;
    I really don't have a problem with her for a number of reasons:

1. The over-the-top Miss America vibe: I guess it is a defense mechanism in part. The other part all of the other plus-size girls were criticized for losing their spunk. Whit maybe going overboard trying to compensate for that.

2. Being a meanie: Well, frankly, she just seems a bit snotty. You guys remember some of the earlier cycle girls? Yikes. Elise was vicious. Truly mean. Mean. (And I liked her as a model. Don't really care about their personalities if they can knock out a photo shoot.) And so have some of the other girls. Whitney is sorority girl snotty at times.

3. Talent as a model: I think her face is stunning and that compensates for her less-than-ideal model figure. I think her figure is actually better than the extreme hourglass ones people talk about. But that is just my preference. I think she would be an excellent commercial model. Better than about 75 percent of what I've seen in the commercial world. Now, I have to say I have no idea about the high fashion world of plus-size.

4. The prize-package: Hello! The modeling agency doesn't even have a plus-size division.

Her commercial was fine. Her photos have been fine. But she needs to step it up to deserve a spot in the final 3.
    I agree. I think everyone taking her comments about Anya too far aswell. We know that post show they get along fine, and even when she jokes around she does it in sort of an older sisterly way. I think she's really funny and let's be honest, her comments wer justified! I loved her "A plus size model making it to Rome is huge... No pun intended!"