Page 65 of 255 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

She looked far more beautiful as a Brunette, her bright green eyes sparked

Dax

I like her more as a blond. I think her face just pops like that.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lexiel;2883149;
    She looked far more beautiful as a Brunette, her bright green eyes sparked
    I agree. Her face could hold almost any hairstyle, yet they chose to give her the Anna Nicole look. I'm baffled. I'd like to see her in a shoot eith a wig or something as a brunette, like Katarzyna last week. (Not Kata's style but the colour/wig)

FORT Regular

Her face is the most beautiful of any ANTM model ever, and I love her figure. I only wish she were a bit fuller.

She does have high cheekbones, and she also has some fullness in the face, which (to some people -- especially in the plus-size world) is very attractive. Some people prefer the skull-faced, starving look, but that's not what plus-size fashion is all about, thank god.

High fashion? Couture? I couldn't give a darn whether she ever does those things. I find most so-called "high" fashion, at least what you see in the magazines, pretty ugly. I'd rather she create gorgeous, classy editorials and ads (e.g., in bridal magazines).

Feminine looks, bohemian looks, romantic looks -- these would be ideal for Whitney.

I also very much enjoy her voice (it's a young voice, and very pretty), and her vivacious personality. She's the only reason I watch the show.

But most of all, I admire her for her ultra-confident attitude. I wish more full-figured girls could think of themselves in positive terms, as she does.
    Last edited by Eydtkuhnen; 03-31-2008 at 05:56 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Eydtkuhnen;2883174;
    Her face is the most beautiful of any ANTM model ever, and I love her figure. I only wish she were a bit fuller.

She does have high cheekbones, and she also has some fullness in the face, which (to some people -- especially in the plus-size world) is very attractive. Some people prefer the skull-faced, starving look, but that's not what plus-size fashion is all about, thank god.

High fashion? Couture? I couldn't give a darn whether she ever does those things. I find most so-called "high" fashion, at least what you see in the magazines, pretty ugly. I'd rather she create gorgeous, classy editorials and ads (e.g., in bridal magazines).

Feminine looks, bohemian looks, romantic looks -- these would be ideal for Whitney.

I also very much enjoy her voice (it's a young voice, and very pretty), and her vivacious personality. She's the only reason I watch the show.
    What a fantastic post. Couldn't agree more.

Dax

I really do want her to do high fashion. I think she has the potential to make a breakthrough in the industry. She has the potential to prove everyone that no matter if you're different (short or plus size) you can have talent and you can be better than the typical model. I don't know. I just believe a lot in her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax;2883213;
    I really do want her to do high fashion. I think she has the potential to make a breakthrough in the industry. She has the potential to prove everyone that no matter if you're different (short or plus size) you can have talent and you can be better than the typical model. I don't know. I just believe a lot in her.
    But it's not really about talent. Designers want their models to be walking hangers. And most designers design for tall, skinny girls.

The fashion industry isn't going to be a hallmark card that embraces everyone's differences. It has its standards, no matter how outlandish they may be.
    Let's not forget ourselves good friend
    I am flawed if I'm not free

Dax

There's always the possibility of having someone that can break the rules. Many short models are not working even more than the tall models. There is a way to break the standards. You just have to be smart enough to do it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by calvinrm;2883552;
    But it's not really about talent. Designers want their models to be walking hangers. And most designers design for tall, skinny girls.

The fashion industry isn't going to be a hallmark card that embraces everyone's differences. It has its standards, no matter how outlandish they may be.
    You raise an excellent point.

Talent is really meaningless in fashion. Most of the biggest models today were discovered--seen by a scout while out and about, and then swooped up into the world of fashion. I would say that there are girls on ANTM who are much more talented at modeling then some of the top girls in the industry today. I can also say that their looks don't at all fit the bill of the high fashion industry, and that their talent isn't worth anything when it comes to booking them work in the big leagues.

That being said, I think it is all total BS. Absolute crap. I very little respect for the fashion industry, mostly because of the one dimensional view of beauty. Clothes hangers my ass. If I were a designer, I'd like to have girls who can enhance my designs and help them reach a wide variety of people. But I guess that's just me--and I don't work in fashion.

so i've heard recently that Whitney replied to a comment on her myspace that congratulated her on getting the first call out by saying "it wont last long". And now everyone automatically thinks that she is going soon. i think its implying that she doesnt keep the first call out but, she is still doing well.

I want her to make the top 3 so bad. I know thats as far as a plus size will ever go because i dont think tyra will allow a plus size to ever win or even walk on the final runway but, i still have my hopes up.
    Homeless: Whitney Lingerie: Marvita Meat Packing District: Anya Beauty Shot w/ Paint: Stacy Ann Music Genres: Whitney Fuerza Bruta: Fatima Jet - Setters: Lauren Covergirl Commercial: Katarzyna Roman Castle: Dominique Famous Movie Icons: Anya Covergirl: ? Runway: ?