Page 249 of 255 FirstFirst ... 149199239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253254255 LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2544

Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

^^Agreed ... I think it is going to take some time for me to like her... I hope she can be nicer
    Last edited by Iynereh; 05-26-2008 at 01:11 PM.
    We Will Always Love You Anya!
    You Are Our High Fashion Top Model Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by hottfroggy77;3022563;
    clearly not a serious question, and i never said that you weren't allowed to like her...

also, she is curing the world of eatign disorders... she meerly said she inspired a few people... i just don't see how that is annoying
    ^ i meant to say isnt curing the world of eating disorders
    !The Fiercest Photos Of Cycle 10!

ANYA- paparazzi | WHITNEY- covergirl
    WHITNEY- homeless | FATIMA- castle couture
    LAUREN- lingerie | ANYA- fuezabruta

Why are we acting like Whitney is so fat!?!? She is not. A lot of people would love to look like Whitney. You see, in the modeling world- "Oh no Whitney is an elephant! She cant be in our fashion show because she isnt a toothpick!!!" but in the real world she is a normal girl, she has a little weight, big deal! Atleast she had a cheese burger before, unlike those other models who probaly only eat rabit food.
    Last edited by ANTM lUvEr76; 05-26-2008 at 01:22 PM.
    ANTM:Amis[x],Stacy Ann[x], Whitney, & Aimee[x]

Quote Originally Posted by ANTopmodel;3022624;
    I never said that your opinions were unreasonable and everyone elses were fine, that's twisting words.

For example, "I didn't like Whitney. I found her catty. I didn't like x/y photographs etc," is a reasonable statement to make.

However, "Whitney's entire portfolio sucked." Or as I literally just read one of your posts, "All of her shots bar one were ugly." Could be considered as unreasonable because that isn't true. This is where one's dislike for a contestant clouds rational thinking. Yes, you may not like her but the general consensus, and most of the human population would agree that she is not "ugly."

When statements become irrational is when people begin to bite back. By all means you are allowed an opinion, but when the majority of other people disagree with that opinion (especially when it isn't expressed in a rational way, i.e through rants instead) you must expect to receive angry comments in return.

This isn't an attack on you. I was trying to answer your question. I tend to ignore a comment that just seems clouded by dislike as opposed to a genuine critique of a contestant. Do you understand what I'm getting at?

Okay, first of all you totally implied that my opinions were unreasonable. I stated that any negative comment that I make against Whitney gets attacked. You then said there's a difference between negative and unreasonable. What else could you have meant? I know I look young, but I was not born yesterday.

Now to address your other points:

Yes, she is catty IMO. Also her portfolio sucks IMO and she is ugly IMO. You know what IMO means? In my opinion. So it really doesn't matter what a consensus of the human population thinks or what you think or what anyone else thinks. I do not send out sample surveys before forming my opinions. I am certainly capable of separating business from emotion. For instance, I totally hated Melrose's personality, BUT she was a darn good model. If Whitney was a good model, then I would give credit where it is due. But I think she sucks, so I will make that known since this is supposedly an open forum.

And because this is a supposedly open forum, I shouldn't expect angry anything. My statements are not irrational. I am merely pointing out her flaws and my personal opinions. I understand that Whitney has fans, and that's cool. I am not a fan, and that should be cool, too. She has no model potential or model talent (IMO). But again, that is my opinion which is based on my understanding and involvement with the fashion industry and also my own opinion...

Lastly, no I do not understand what you are getting at because the post you made was under the assumption that my posts were unreasonable and irrational which I do not agree with.
    Last edited by Afrocentric; 05-26-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Sometimes it is confusing... I do not know how to look at whitney's size as in in terms of modelling she is big but in real life she is near normal... We must get it right first!
    We Will Always Love You Anya!
    You Are Our High Fashion Top Model Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by ANTM lUvEr76;3022642;
    Why are we acting like Whitney is so fat!?!? She is not. A lot of people would love to look like Whitney. You see, in the modeling world- "Oh no Whitney is an elephant! She cant be in our fashion show because she isnt a toothpick!!!" but in the real world she is a normal girl, she has a little weight, big deal! Atleast she had a cheese burger before, unlike those other models who probaly only eat rabit food.
    But that's not the point. Fat or not, that's debatable, but her weight was not always this way. She used to be a size 4 and then gained lots of weight to become a size 10 in a year or so. That's really just as unhealthy as becoming an anorexic or bulimic. So she tries to put down skinny models for being unhealthy, but hat she's done is just as unhealthy. It'd be one thing if she were naturally the weight she is, then she could argue that one should be healthy and maintain their weight. But her significant weight gain is just as unhealthy as a purging stick-thin model.
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

Also, why is it ok to accuse thin women of eating disorders but it's not ok to call Whitney fat?

I don't think that Whitney is fat, but this is something I've been noticing for a while now...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Afrocentric;3022662;
    Yes, she is catty IMO. Also her portfolio sucks IMO and she is ugly IMO. You know what IMO means? In my opinion. So it really doesn't matter what a consensus of the human population thinks or what you think or what anyone else thinks. I do not send out sample surveys before forming my opinions. I am certainly capable of separating business from emotion. For instance, I totally hated Melrose's personality, BUT she was a darn good model. If Whitney was a good model, then I would give credit where it is due. But I think she sucks, so I will make that known since this is supposedly an open forum.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. Everything is in your opinion, and not everyone is going to like it. Hence you can't expect people to not reply defensively. (You can play the "I should be allowed to say what I like" card but it's not human nature to just accept a strongly opposing opinion without some form of a retort, hence the reason we are currently having this discussion)

And whilst we are on the subject of IMO (which, yes I clearly understand the meaning of) IMO saying Whitney is ugly and sucks in every single, way, shape and form is unreasonable and irrational since IMO she proved herself enough on the show.

Yes it is a forum, with the idea being to discuss conflicting opinions, but alot of people on here like Whitney so you can't expect everyone to agree with your negativity about her.

Again I did not say that all your posts were unreasonable, but I do think your views on Whitney are. In fact I agree with alot of what you have to say outside of this thread.

Finally, no I don't expect you to be a statistician, but I would have thought that from reading through these threads through the duration of the show, you would have seen that most people agree that facially, she is beautiful. You do not need to carry out your "sample" to see that!

It's good that you agree that I should be allowed to say what I want because that is what I am going to do regardless of who thinks it's unreasonable or irrational. People can disagree with me and get defensive all they want. Like I said before, it's just the internet, and it is just a TV show. It's REALLY not that serious. I love a lot of the girls from this show, and if someone says anything negative about them, I really don't care. I don;t get all defensive and jump down their throats. If someone tells me that Victoria or Kathy or Brooke or Michelle sucks or that they are ugly, it doesn't matter. They are allowed to feel that way... It's not that serious, folks.

As I said before, I don't expect people to agree with me, but I do think that some mutual respect is needed.

Lastly, I really don't care what other people think of Whitney's face. It doesn't change my opinion that she is ugly. Why would it matter what other posters think? Just let me think that she is a terrible model and that she is ugly. My opinion isn't hurting anyone. Again, it is NOT that serious...
    Last edited by Afrocentric; 05-26-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Let's turn the conversation back to Whitney, not the psychology of the posters in the thread (including self-analyzing yourself). Thanks.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob