Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by Afrocentric;3022554;
    That quote as well as the entire article was annoying to me. I don't like that she is painted as the savior of our young people from the depths of anorexic oblivion. She is just a 170 pound girl who won a reality show. She is catty. She has a terrible body for modeling. She has terrible orange skin. And she comes across as bitter. In short, she sucks.

I'm confused. Is this strictly a fan site? Are people not allowed to have a dissenting opinion? If someone would be so kind as to let me know, that would be great.
    clearly not a serious question, and i never said that you weren't allowed to like her...

also, she is curing the world of eatign disorders... she meerly said she inspired a few people... i just don't see how that is annoying
    !The Fiercest Photos Of Cycle 10!

ANYA- paparazzi | WHITNEY- covergirl
    WHITNEY- homeless | FATIMA- castle couture
    LAUREN- lingerie | ANYA- fuezabruta

Quote Originally Posted by Afrocentric;3022554;
    That quote as well as the entire article was annoying to me. I don't like that she is painted as the savior of our young people from the depths of anorexic oblivion. She is just a 170 pound girl who won a reality show. She is catty. She has a terrible body for modeling. She has terrible orange skin. And she comes across as bitter. In short, she sucks.

I'm confused. Is this strictly a fan site? Are people not allowed to have a dissenting opinion? If someone would be so kind as to let me know, that would be great.
    No it's not strickly a fansite, you don't have to like Whitney, but you said the TFS "interview" made you want to barf, and that Whitney in the interview was so irritating.
    We were just wondering, because the TFS article was not an interview, and there was only ONE Whitney quote that was pretty harmless.
    I don't know, maybe people thought that you didn't even read TFS piece before you made the post about the "interview" making you want to barf.
    Last edited by taffina; 05-26-2008 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hottfroggy77;3022563;
    clearly not a serious question, and i never said that you weren't allowed to like her...
    I was totally serious. Every time I've said anything negative about her, I get attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by taffina;3022574;
    No it's not strickly a fansite, you don't have to like Whitney, but you said the TFS "interview" made you want to barf, and that Whitney in the interview was so irritating.
    We were just wondering, because the TFS article was not an interview, and there was only ONE Whitney quote that was pretty harmless.
    I don't know, maybe people thought you didn't even read TFS piece before you made that post about the "interview" making you want to barf.
    Ok, so I called it an "interview" instead of an "article"... I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Afrocentric;3022576;
    I was totally serious. Every time I've said anything negative about her, I get attacked.
    I just think that there's a difference between negative and unreasonabe.

And what makes my opinions unreasonable and the opinions of others reasonable?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hottfroggy77;3022563;
    also, she is curing the world of eatign disorders... she meerly said she inspired a few people... i just don't see how that is annoying
    Whitney is no superhero. She is not the first person to stand up against eating disorders. Seventeen has been for a while now working on the Body Peace Project in which female celebrities sign something & promise to be healthy and eat properly. Countries have banned too-skinny models which has brought awareness to the problem. Whitney is not going to do anything too impressive in the eating disorder-destroying world, especially now that she has to live with the title of "America's Next Top Model."

FORT Fanatic

I never said that your opinions were unreasonable and everyone elses were fine, that's twisting words.

For example, "I didn't like Whitney. I found her catty. I didn't like x/y photographs etc," is a reasonable statement to make.

However, "Whitney's entire portfolio sucked." Or as I literally just read one of your posts, "All of her shots bar one were ugly." Could be considered as unreasonable because that isn't true. This is where one's dislike for a contestant clouds rational thinking. Yes, you may not like her but the general consensus, and most of the human population would agree that she is not "ugly."

When statements become irrational is when people begin to bite back. By all means you are allowed an opinion, but when the majority of other people disagree with that opinion (especially when it isn't expressed in a rational way, i.e through rants instead) you must expect to receive angry comments in return.

This isn't an attack on you. I was trying to answer your question. I tend to ignore a comment that just seems clouded by dislike as opposed to a genuine critique of a contestant. Do you understand what I'm getting at?

Whitney acts like she's saving the world from eating disorders and representing a "healthy" body type. But the funny thing is, she used to be skinny and then gained a lot of weight. Unnaturally gaining a significant amount of weight is just as bad as losing a significant amount of weight. Going from a size 4 to a size 10 in a year or so is very unhealthy. So her whole rant about representing a "healthy" body type is meaningless.
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by duckiies;3022606;
    Whitney is no superhero. She is not the first person to stand up against eating disorders. Seventeen has been for a while now working on the Body Peace Project in which female celebrities sign something & promise to be healthy and eat properly. Countries have banned too-skinny models which has brought awareness to the problem. Whitney is not going to do anything too impressive in the eating disorder-destroying world, especially now that she has to live with the title of "America's Next Top Model."
    sorry i meant to write isnt
    !The Fiercest Photos Of Cycle 10!

ANYA- paparazzi | WHITNEY- covergirl
    WHITNEY- homeless | FATIMA- castle couture
    LAUREN- lingerie | ANYA- fuezabruta