Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by kikijanet88;3020132;
    From various Magazines

I love it! Except for the green dress pose. Is it like a prize to get an InTouch spread? Cause a lot of the winners have one.
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

From various Magazines

Thanks for these photos (:
    Tyra: Lets hear it for the 6 baddest chick in this competition. Now it's time to get on that private plane.. but guess what? you guys aren't top models yet. My judges are already stars, and they travel FIRST CLASS, PRIVATE. See you later, have fun on your commercial flight. (Tyra & Judges leave for the plane) See you (long pause) in Rome ladies (Final 6 models cheer) Chao Bella.

Quote Originally Posted by edrianisawesome;3020523;
    Thanks for these photos (:
    Your welcome
    Love is in your blood.

'The audience looks repeated....'

Either that or Paulina,Ann Showket and MR X have some freaky relations!

Whitness to Whitneys fierceness.
    Anya way to the top!

she is BEAUTIFUL. wow. those pictures are stunning. her face is so pretty.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Afrocentric;3019209;
    I wonder if there's a reason that she needs to be so negative about thin women.
    I wonder if there's a reason why so many ANTM viewers need to be so negative about plus-size models. As Whitney is only one person, and the plus-bashers are legion, if someone were truly concerned about negativity, they should first try to stamp out anti-plus bigotry, since there's SO much more of it.

I wonder what the critics of Whitney's statements have done to end negative comments against plus-size models and full-figured women?

FORT Regular

From various Magazines

]
    Thanks to the original poster for sharing these.

Would anyone happen to know which particular magazines these two are from? I'd love to know. Thanks.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests;3020421;
    It's not as rigid in terms of body shape. There are plenty of pear-shaped plus sizes, as well as most of the range of other body shapes. As long as there is some level of proportionality (is that a word?), then a plussie is fine. And yes, I think Whitney is very proportionate. Just use Toccara as an example, she was so incredibly disproportionate, and yet she signed to Wilhelmina and has been very successful. Also Fluvia is an example of a very successful plus size model who is pear shaped, and she's extremely pear shaped compared to Whitney.
    Fluvia is actually not all that significant as top plus-size models go, (she just appears in lots of Webzines); however it is absolutely true that not just many, but most of the top plus-size models are pear-shaped. The idea that plus-size models are "hourglass" is a myth. If any of you have access to the Ford portfolios, check out the stats of their girls. Whitney's proportions are right in the same range as most of the Ford girls. Many are fuller overall, but almost all of their models have pear-shaped proportions.

(Sorry for the multiple posts -- coming back after a...break.)

Quote Originally Posted by Eydtkuhnen;3021171;
    I wonder if there's a reason why so many ANTM viewers need to be so negative about plus-size models. As Whitney is only one person, and the plus-bashers are legion, if someone were truly concerned about negativity, they should first try to stamp out anti-plus bigotry, since there's SO much more of it.

I wonder what the critics of Whitney's statements have done to end negative comments against plus-size models and full-figured women?
    You said it best. Whitney is only one person. I think that WHITNEY sucks. Never have I said that plus models suck. I think plus size models are effing fabulous. Whitney (ONE WHITNEY) sucks.

I've read back a few pages of this thread and haven't really seen anyone bashing plus size models, just Whitney.

It's not my responsibilty to end discrimination against anyone, and I have a right to be offended by whatever I want. I don't see why I need to go on a crusade to end negative comments against plus models just so that I can have the right to be offended by Whitney's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by antmluva1234;3020671;
    'The audience looks repeated....'

Either that or Paulina,Ann Showket and MR X have some freaky relations!

Wow! I think it is repeated! maybe just for the magazine.
    We Will Always Love You Anya!
    You Are Our High Fashion Top Model Forever!