Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

Re: Whitney's Makeover Shots

Thank you soooooo much please_030! You are amazing!
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

Dax

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by Eydtkuhnen;3014388;
    The People magazine photo is very pretty, although I still prefer her Seventeen editorial because she looked curvier in it.

Nice to hear ANTM come out and quash the ridiculous gossip, once and for all.

Oh, and I always liked her Roman castle shot, although I think the poses that she was originally doing for that shoot were even more beautiful than the way they made her pose later.
    The way she was posing earlier was nowhere near being high fashion. They were asking for exaggeration and haute couture poses and she just started to stick out her breast and booty. That's not high fashion. Even her roman castle photo was bad and the fact they got a slightly high fashion shot at pretty much the end is even worse.

I like Whitney's other photos (some of them) but I think she really reached the bottom in that week. I'm not talking about being in bottom 2. I'm talking about really failing in embracing the concept and being high fashion. That's the only thing I really want her to work on. She needs more coaching on those kind of photoshoots. Sometimes she's really high fashion like in the Homeless shot and sometimes she loses it. With a little bit of more experience in those photoshoots she can get it. She's easy to coach so I think it's not going to be a problem.

WOW, I wish there was more (:
    Tyra: Lets hear it for the 6 baddest chick in this competition. Now it's time to get on that private plane.. but guess what? you guys aren't top models yet. My judges are already stars, and they travel FIRST CLASS, PRIVATE. See you later, have fun on your commercial flight. (Tyra & Judges leave for the plane) See you (long pause) in Rome ladies (Final 6 models cheer) Chao Bella.

FORT Newbie

i love the people magazine pics. she looks great! does anyone know if this is going to be an actual article in the magazine???

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Dax;3014648;
    They were asking for exaggeration and haute couture poses and she just started to stick out her breast and booty. That's not high fashion.
    But it CAN be high fashion. I hear what you're saying, but I don't see why just because high fashion has been one thing doesn't mean it can't be something else. What's so great about "angles" anyway? I certainly don't find them appealing. The way in which Whitney was posing was showing off curves rather than angles, and I find that much more aesthetically appealing. Why should high fashion be confined to one style? Why not something else?

If models have become increasingly "edgy" in recent decades (and they have), that's a change -- so why can't the change go in an entirely different direction too?

Fashion also supposedly loves contrasts, so the contrast of a curvy figure posed in a womanly way, but garbed in a couture look -- that can create an interesting new blend.

Whitney doesnt seem curvy to me.
    Fatima: I feel like that’s the most important thing that anyone can take away from you – your choice.

cdee/heather fan dongdongahdong's Avatar

Well she's not a square-shaped block if that's what you are saying.

They should have chosen the second one overall I think. Third one would have been decent too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashhee;3015326;
    They should have chosen the second one overall I think. Third one would have been decent too.
    I think the third one would have worked better as a group photo. The second one her face isn't far enough away from her torso (IMHO which is never really humble )

Dax

The problem with the second one is that she lost her neck. I like it a lot but it doesn't work.