Page 22 of 255 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2800832;

But by saying her femininity she also saying that all the other girls are doing that, and that they're not feminine. It rubs me the wrong way.
    Exactly. That is what irked me the most. I mean if she had said something like "I'm better than all these bitches up in here and I deserve this" is one thing. It's catty and arrogant but whatever. But basically implying that none of the rest are feminine because they're thin (be it natural or not) is a bit rude. Especially considering in the group shot she looks like a quarterback to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiest;2800835;
    Exactly. That is what irked me the most. I mean if she had said something like "I'm better than all these bitches up in here and I deserve this" is one thing. It's catty and arrogant but whatever. But basically implying that none of the rest are feminine because they're thin (be it natural or not) is a bit rude. Especially considering in the group shot she looks like a quarterback to me.
    I just don't understand the problem. Its not a new idea! Weight and femininity have been linked since the beginning of time and people act like she is coming up with something new! I see it more like she is repeating a mantra rather than trying to offend everyone who ever starved themselves because they wanted to be thin. I just think to be riled up over that comment is to be riled up over nothing. I don't think she was commenting about other models when she mentioned that she didn't want to sacrifice her femininity to be thin. She was talking about herself and the standards she holds herself to! So I don't see arrogant or catty! I just don't get why there is even a problem! No one got upset when Tocarra called the other girls "skinny bitches." Are they bitches because they are skinny? Are all skinny people bitchy? No one cared to ask about that though, so why care about what Whitney said ... and it is a very commonly-held opinion that thin women are not feminine.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Whitney obviously has more curves than the other girls, and -- like it or not -- curves are very feminine... breasts and hips are part of what makes women different from men, and allow them to be able to bear and nourish children.

Most models in the industry today do have a body shape that is more "boyish," or androgynous. Many are so thin and have such a lack of body fat that they stop menstruating altogether... what's "feminine" about that?

That's what I believe Whitney was referring to. And knowing that she was much thinner before, chances are that she feels so strongly about it because of her own personal struggle, not because she thinks that skinny girls aren't as good as real-size or plus-size girls.

It's a statement I think needs to be made, because there are many girls and women out there that really think that they need to be thinner, when in all actuality, they are healthy and beautiful just the way they are. They sacrifice their feminine-shaped body form and their reproductive health to fit into the industry.

Her quote doesnt rub me the wrong way, i find it hilarious! It shows her that she is strong (and cocky, I'll admitt).

Be open-minded.

Quote Originally Posted by ClrDeLun;2800824;
    I was more excited for C9's Sarah than I am for this Whitney.
    In fact, Sarah was the only plus size I've ever been excited for, preshow.
    i agree. Sarah is ten times prettier than this girl.
    Yeah, instead of just looking homeless, itís kind of changed to homeless chic. I dress up my flannel with pearls. -Jenah cycle 9

With respect to the comment on the preview: Whitney doesn't even have that much breast compared to the rest of her body. I think Atalya and Kimberly have larger breasts, than her if you compare it to the size of their body frames.
    And even if she didn't intend to hurt anyone, she is possibly making naturally stick-thin girls (not the anorrexics, but those who have high metabolisms etc.) feel bad about the way they look.
    Top Model LARPing! OMG!
    KatarXena Warrior Princess.

Dax

I never thought her comment was going to be a big deal for some people. I always thought it was respectable that she appreciates her body and that she wants to represent women who are normal size or plus size. Even though many people have done that in ANTM think it's cool the way she said. I doubt she intended to be offensive.

Whitney is really ugly and i dont think she is fat enough to be a plus size... TYRA.. what the hell are you thinking again, bring a girl that is too thin to be plus size and break her heart in the middle of the competition by telling her she is too skinny...!

FORT Newbie

Whitney REALLY IS a great person ! She's 5'10" - size 8 ... not exactly PLUS size - but compared to the 2s ... she's "normal size." She's not a "big" girl. She's super sweet and I'm glad to see she made it on the show. Nothing not to like about her ... hope she wins !

I'm thinking the pre-modeling experience she had before entering the competition is going to get to her head. It already seems (from the yahoo preview) as if she feels she's "better" than all the "hangers", lol.
    "I ain't break it. I just stuck it to huh fo'head.. a couple times." -Dani, Cycle 6 winner
    Sutan/Amis/Kimberly C9 asked me to draw them!