Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

While I also tried my best to like her... I liked her during the lingerie episode after than I cannot take it anymore!
    We Will Always Love You Anya!
    You Are Our High Fashion Top Model Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmygosh;3003609;
    I thought it was nice that Paulina Porizkova said that while Anya might be the one you buy the dress from, you're the one men want in the bedroom.
    Yeah, but at the same time, why would a girl rather buy a dress from a stick figure? The designers are the ones that make that popular. When I see a skeleton walking down the runway, I don't go, "Ooh, wow, I want to look like her." It's like, "Um, where'd she go?"

Whitney makes me even madder each time I read another one of her interviews, she pretty much called Anya a skeleton. I hate when she gets mad that people call her fat or big, but yet her calling girls emaciated and skeletons is fine. I find what she says to be so stupid. As a naturally skinny person, I get offended by how she says skinny girls have an eating disorder and they are starving themselves. I dont. Not everyone starves themselves. I dont read her interviews and say wow she's a great role model, because to me she is sending a negative message to skinny girls that they are unhealthy, disgusting looking and they are bad role models. Many people are naturally skinny. I get that she is trying to send a postive message, but honestly she just sounds ignorant in these interviews. I want to like her, but seriously Im finding it hard to.
    Now, this is exactly why I don't like Whitney. Calling girls skeletons is no different than calling girls fat. On ANTM, in her confessionals, she always put down skinny people and she thinks that everyone who is skinny has an eating disorder. And Anya isnt even a "stick figure". Shes skinny but shes not as skinny as say someone like Vlada R.

"I thought it was nice that Paulina Porizkova said that while Anya might be the one you buy the dress from, you're the one men want in the bedroom."

Shouldn't this be a bad thing? I thought if Whitney is the kind of lady that men wants in the bedroom, it definitely is not a good example because that kind of lady is like a prostitude...
    We Will Always Love You Anya!
    You Are Our High Fashion Top Model Forever!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by duckiies;3004250;
    Those shots don't really impress me, not even the third one, even though its the best of the three.
    I agree they look very average and plain.

Quote Originally Posted by Iynereh;3005413;
    "I thought it was nice that Paulina Porizkova said that while Anya might be the one you buy the dress from, you're the one men want in the bedroom."

Shouldn't this be a bad thing? I thought if Whitney is the kind of lady that men wants in the bedroom, it definitely is not a good example because that kind of lady is like a prostitude...
    Not necessarily. What Paulina said could be interpreted in a bad way (especially because of the word "bedroom"), but you could also look at it as Paulina saying that guys find Whitney more attractive than they find Anya.
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

Now, this is exactly why I don't like Whitney. Calling girls skeletons is no different than calling girls fat. On ANTM, in her confessionals, she always put down skinny people and she thinks that everyone who is skinny has an eating disorder. And Anya isnt even a "stick figure". Shes skinny but shes not as skinny as say someone like Vlada R.
    Thankyou for understanding. I dont get see the need for her to tear down skinny people.

But they are all perfectionists. Whitney isnt afraid to be Whitney.
    Yeah and Jade isnt afraid to be Jade, likewise to Melrose and Fatima where they arent afraid to be themselves. But thats not what Im talking about in my comment. Im talking about what I find Whitney to be saying is stupid.
    Fatima: I feel like that’s the most important thing that anyone can take away from you – your choice.

I'm a guy and I find Anya infinitely more attractive and interesting looking.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmygosh;3005527;
    Thankyou for understanding. I dont get see the need for her to tear down skinny people.

Yeah and Jade isnt afraid to be Jade, likewise to Melrose and Fatima where they arent afraid to be themselves. But thats not what Im talking about in my comment. Im talking about what I find Whitney to be saying is stupid.
    I think it is better the shun the skinny ideal than to support it. If people look up to Whitney as a beautiful woman, then they will understand that you don't have to be skinny to be beautiful and successful. The skinny body should not be glorified because it is unhealthy. Young teens are skinny, but older teens usually are not. Fat is a normal and natural thing to have. It is healthy. No fat is not healthy. Whitney isn't encouraging girls to go out and gain an unhealthy amount of weight. She's saying that having a curvy body is normal, something to be proud of, something that is beautiful, and not something to be ashamed of. And she is right!
    Its true that being too large has been linked to many life-shortening diseases and conditions, but Whitney is not large enough for those risks to factor into her health. Being too thin can also be life-shortening. Besides, Whitney isn't speaking for physical health so much as emotional and psychological well-being! A lot of people can't help their size, so why not embrace it? I think Whitney is a great person for shedding light on this cause! She could sell out and lose a bunch of weight like most others do.

All I am saying is that Whitney does need to bring down and says awful things about skinny people to get her point across. Because calling a girl emaciated is the same thing as calling one fat. She gets mad because people call her fat or whatever, but she has no problem saying girls who are skinny are disgusting looking.
    Fatima: I feel like that’s the most important thing that anyone can take away from you – your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmygosh;3005540;
    All I am saying is that Whitney does need to bring down and says awful things about skinny people to get her point across. Because calling a girl emaciated is the same thing as calling one fat. She gets mad because people call her fat or whatever, but she has no problem saying girls who are skinny are disgusting looking.
    She likes to point out she is different, she doesn't have a mean spirit, she's trying to change the industry, it's a big feat, and people like Anya and even more currently Fatima understand that she isn't trying to be malicious, and if people actually bothered to get to know her they'd know that too.