Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

FORT Regular

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;3002891;
    Not all models starve themselves, sweetheart!
    But many, in fact the majority, do. It is a generalization, and it is generally true -- hence the problem. The more that can be said against the skeletal standard, the better -- for models, and for women in general.

Anyway, her TV appearance on Extra is now on YouTube. Fun clip.

FORT Fogey

I have to agree with mayukhers. There have been plenty of people who note how thin models are, but Whitney gets all this credit for saying she has a butt and breasts. Apparently she is the first person to stand up for that.

I know people say that she was the only plus size to not give up...but she's not. Sarah last cycle didn't give up, she just was embarrassed about wearing so little in a music video. She pulled a face and lost three pounds and she got eliminated. She didn't go to the music video set and say "okay...I'm going to do a bad job because I'm plus size and I don't compare!" and she didn't go to panel defeated either. Whitney gets a lot of credit she doesn't deserve, IMO.

Dax

People are confusing ANTM with the real modeling industry. In the real modeling industry Whitney joins other people trying to make a statement about the weight issues. In ANTM she was definitely not alone either but Toccara and her were more vocal about it. The reason Whitney gets more credit is because she actually won the show, nothing more.

She's not the only activist in this obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by duckiies;3002950;
    I have to agree with mayukhers. There have been plenty of people who note how thin models are, but Whitney gets all this credit for saying she has a butt and breasts. Apparently she is the first person to stand up for that.

I know people say that she was the only plus size to not give up...but she's not. Sarah last cycle didn't give up, she just was embarrassed about wearing so little in a music video. She pulled a face and lost three pounds and she got eliminated. She didn't go to the music video set and say "okay...I'm going to do a bad job because I'm plus size and I don't compare!" and she didn't go to panel defeated either. Whitney gets a lot of credit she doesn't deserve, IMO.
    I disagree with Sarah's elimination, but she was not plus-sized. If people are saying Whitney isn't plus-sized, than what the heck was Sarah? A very attractive woman inbetween categories of modeling. I would like a middle range myself.

She did need to suck it up and not show that the outfit embarrassed her. But didn't she enter the competition at the urging of a friend? So she had a much bigger learning curve.

I couldn't tell she lost weight.

I think Whitney was more in-your-face about confidence. Girls were slammed for losing it, so she went over-the-top. And will probably be doing that for awhile.

I don't think she is saying I am the only one ever to stand up for larger sized girls. But she's getting publicity because of the TV show. And interviews are playing that up. The absolute comments get more attention. And in a print or televised interview, they stand out more than in general conversation. Also, when you start getting good quotes, you tend to encourage them to talk more in that vein.

Just my two-cents worth. I like Whitney much better than last year's winner (although S always had a very good walk and, of course, was better than both the ANTM contestants, again in my opinion).

But I'm no expert at modeling. I've taken more pictures of accidents, fires, and parades than models.
    Last edited by Allie; 05-16-2008 at 09:30 PM. Reason: used then when I should have used than.

Whitney's not even that big.
    Most plus-size models that are working are bigger than her.
    Congrats to Whitney for being the first plus-size ANTM and David Cook for being the first rocker American Idol!

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;3002720;
    Posted? Her polas from COACD:
    I think she looks much fresher with her real hair instead of those cheap extensions.
    Tyra: Lets hear it for the 6 baddest chick in this competition. Now it's time to get on that private plane.. but guess what? you guys aren't top models yet. My judges are already stars, and they travel FIRST CLASS, PRIVATE. See you later, have fun on your commercial flight. (Tyra & Judges leave for the plane) See you (long pause) in Rome ladies (Final 6 models cheer) Chao Bella.

I'm still upset at the whole "controversy" surrounding her. I really do believe she was pre-selected and she didn't deserve the win at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah4532;3003107;
    I'm still upset at the whole "controversy" surrounding her. I really do believe she was pre-selected and she didn't deserve the win at all.
    You can say the same thing about Saleshia from last season!

Whitney will be successful. She's gorgeous and talented, fun, funny. I can't wait to see more of her.
    Tall guys love short girls.

I think Whitney deserved it. I know that Anya's better than her photo-wise but I think being a Top Model is not all about that, Whitney's personality is much more outstanding than Anya.

I love Anya and I love her to be the winner but I think Whitney outshined her throughout the competition.
    Homeless: Kimberly Lingerie: Katarzyna
    Meat: Claire Paint: Dominique
    Music: Anya Fuerzabruta: Fatima Jetsetter: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Rennaisance: Dominique Paparazzi: Anya Covergirl: Whitney

Quote Originally Posted by SessaLee;3003110;
    You can say the same thing about Saleshia from last season!

Whitney will be successful. She's gorgeous and talented, fun, funny. I can't wait to see more of her.
    That may be true but it doesn't make it right. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Whitney as a size 2 signed to Elite NY considering she only became a plus size to make it on the show.