Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Her hair color is absolutely horrible. It makes her look like the complete antithesis of a model. I love Whitney, and that's why I feel she needs to GET RID OF HER FREAKING TAN and go back to brown.

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;3002804;
    Her hair color is absolutely horrible. It makes her look like the complete antithesis of a model. I love Whitney, and that's why I feel she needs to GET RID OF HER FREAKING TAN and go back to brown.
    On AustNTM, wasn't it, that the girls were scolded to NEVER tan. That the clients would add a spray tan if they wanted the color?

I don't mind the hair if that is the look her agency sees as best. But I do like her darker hair color better. (and not so tan)

But I like the pictures regardless. Hmmm. I'm considering tweaking it in photoshop to lighten her skintone and darken her hair. I probably won't have time, but if there are any Photoshop gods out there, feel free to take my idea.

I do feel bad for her that she didn't get to take a picture with Tyra in person especially not when she is the first full-figured model to win.
    Tyra: Lets hear it for the 6 baddest chick in this competition. Now it's time to get on that private plane.. but guess what? you guys aren't top models yet. My judges are already stars, and they travel FIRST CLASS, PRIVATE. See you later, have fun on your commercial flight. (Tyra & Judges leave for the plane) See you (long pause) in Rome ladies (Final 6 models cheer) Chao Bella.

Im always up and down with liking this girl. I liked her in her cw source and regis and kelly interviews, but her tvguide interview bothers me because she seems to always talk down about skinny girls. I feel like she thinks most skinny models starve themselves. And I hate that she calls models emaciated.
    Fatima: I feel like that’s the most important thing that anyone can take away from you – your choice.

FORT Fanatic

There you go people. Mouth closed!!!!! (in her elite polaroids)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmygosh;3002851;
    Im always up and down with liking this girl. I liked her in her cw source and regis and kelly interviews, but her tvguide interview bothers me because she seems to always talk down about skinny girls. I feel like she thinks most skinny models starve themselves. And I hate that she calls models emaciated.
    She'll learn to be diplomatic. I think right now she's trying too hard. Striking back is not a good idea. That is not the way to change an industry that refers (at times) to models as clothes hangers.

Even if some of the models that do runway do look emaciated (thighs almost the same size as their lower legs and arms, forehead bone showing, hollow eyes, bobble-head appearance), she should not label all models as being that way. Some of these girls won the lottery when it comes to genetics and they DO look that way naturally. They just have to work on upkeep and be careful with what they put in their bodies.

A better way would be to say that there is the appearance that you can't be too thin to be a gorgeous model, that super skinny is the only attractive way to look, and that anyone can look that way.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Dax;3002761;
    Well, can I say I'm not a fan of the length? I like the hair color but not the length by any means. I like her hair long, very long.

The pictures are absolutely stunning.
    Agreed. I hope she grows her hair out to the length she had it with the extensions on the show. Her look was perfect.

FORT Regular

I'm GLAD she calls models emaciated - they ARE. The more people hear this, the better. It might finally shatter the myth that the fashion industry has created, which is that "skinny=perfect." Which is ridiculous -- but people believe it, because no one ever has the guts to say what rubbish it is -- and that women don't need to starve themselves to look like that, because it's not a look worth emulating in the first place.

Statements like that are my top reason for admiring Whitney.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Eydtkuhnen;3002872;
    I'm GLAD she calls models emaciated - they ARE. The more people hear this, the better. It might finally shatter the myth that the fashion industry has created, which is that "skinny=perfect." Which is ridiculous -- but people believe it, because no one ever has the guts to say what rubbish it is -- and that women don't need to starve themselves to look like that, because it's not a look worth emulating in the first place.

Statements like that are my top reason for admiring Whitney.
    Oh, yeah, uh-huh. Whitney is definitely the FIRST person in the world to dispel this notion. Yup. I mean, it's not as if Milan, Madrid, or Toronto even placed a ban on these so-called "skinny models", nor was there a campaign highlighting the atrocities of anorexia this past season in Milan.

Come on, now. Seriously! I love Whitney, but she's making completely unfounded and ignorant generalizations with her "I don't need to starve myself like other models do!" comments. Not all models starve themselves, sweetheart!

She needs better polaroids. Never noticed her lack of neck before.
    She needs to get rid of that tan.