Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

FORT Regular

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

I've not heard anything from Whitney post show that's been negative. She has steadfastly mantained her pro-curvy message, which is wonderful to hear.

I LOVE that Seventeen cover! -- big, warm, endearing smile. Of the three mock-ups that they showed during the last episode, I was hoping that that would be the one they would choose.

By the way, all day today, Whitney's winner's-portfolio headshot has been the main picture on IMDb. That site gets major traffic, so it's great to see.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Eydtkuhnen;3002408;
    Of course, this is not the case at all, and E! WAS being irresponsible. Journalists -- even entertainment journalists -- have a fundamental responsibility to verify their sources. That's basic journalistic integrity. Otherwise, it's just National Enquirer territory -- which is exactly the category into which I'd slot this unsourced fabrication.

Lies and innuendo are not "information." They're the opposite.
    Sigh. All of this is speculation. Without doing research on the claim and talking to the sources, no one knows first hand if it is true or false. To assume that the journalist didn't do any investigation of the claim or verify sources is hearsay as well--unless we talk to the journalist him/herself to know the truth, we can't claim any level of "irresponsibility." People are basing their disbelief on what they've seen, which may or may not be the whole picture.

If there are people circulating lies and innuendo, it absolutely is information and they have every right to put their views forward, just as the public has every right to call them liars.

The bottom line is, people want to think the best of Whitney--great. More power to you.

Whitney is not the first plus-sized model to win ANTM. It was Saleisha

^ lol. Her Entertainment Tonight is on YouTube! It is called "Whitney on Entertainment Tonight."
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

FORT Newbie

You know, 10 pounds on a person of her height really isn't that much, and really not enough to make her go from her former straight size to the size she is now. Think more like 40 pounds. Also, last time she was in high school, I'm guessing she was 17-18. She's 20 now. Two years is enough time to gain that weight without motivation of a Covergirl contract. And if there was a so called conversation on a plane, for all anyone knows, she may have had an eating disorder at the time anyway. She looks a lot healthier now than then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mead;3002493;
    You know, 10 pounds on a person of her height really isn't that much, and really not enough to make her go from her former straight size to the size she is now. Think more like 40 pounds. Also, last time she was in high school, I'm guessing she was 17-18. She's 20 now. Two years is enough time to gain that weight without motivation of a Covergirl contract. And if there was a so called conversation on a plane, for all anyone knows, she may have had an eating disorder at the time anyway. She looks a lot healthier now than then.
    So you knew her?!?!?
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

So, basically, i'm quite frustrated at Whitney winning ANTM (especially over such wonderful models like Kata, Fatima, and Anya, three of the best contestants ever). But let's face it: if she hadn't been plus-sized, Anya would have won. She won BECAUSE she was plus-sized, not because she was the best model.

And what frustrates me here is that she's not even really plus-sized. Just see the picture - is that really a plus-sized model to you?

I say Anya, Fatima and Kata got robbed because Tyra wants to promote her own image and thought that after 10 cycles, they should have a plus-sized model...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by shizuka;3002512;
    So, basically, i'm quite frustrated at Whitney winning ANTM (especially over such wonderful models like Kata, Fatima, and Anya, three of the best contestants ever). But let's face it: if she hadn't been plus-sized, Anya would have won. She won BECAUSE she was plus-sized, not because she was the best model.

And what frustrates me here is that she's not even really plus-sized. Just see the picture - is that really a plus-sized model to you?

I say Anya, Fatima and Kata got robbed because Tyra wants to promote her own image and thought that after 10 cycles, they should have a plus-sized model...
    That isn't plus but neither is she now. She's a size 10-12 that's like average. In the fashion world she's a fatty tho.

FORT Fogey

I agree with you, Shizuka. I honestly don't think Whitney would have won if she wasn't plus size. Her pictures were mediocre to me, and I'm surprised the judges liked them so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mead;3002493;
    10 pounds mean a lot in fashion industry. Ali Michael, a model, got kicked out from Paris Fashion Week because she gained 5 pounds.
    Miss Jay: "But that's why it's called COVERGIRL cause it covers up the man in you.."