Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by Eydtkuhnen;3001312;
    Exactly. It sounds as absurd as those "spoilers" that kept popping up every few minutes before the finale aired, all talking about "a friend of a friend" who said Anya won. Or Fatima. Or whatever.

And remember the laughable "sorority" rumor just a few pages ago in this thread?

Stuff and nonsense, all of it. They took the fact that she used to be a straight-size model and went plus, and spun it into a conspiracy. But it's happened to many models -- Crystal Renn, Kate Dillon, many plus-size models began straight-size and moved into plus.
    Exactly!
    People are beyond pathetic trying to diminish Whitney's win. It's very sad, and even more sad is the fact an entertainment show like E! would even address baseless internet rumors. Do they know that it's only an extremely small percentage of viewers who go onto the internet blogs and talk about the show?
    The majority of people who watch ANTM don't know about this rumor, and they most likely wouldn't even care about it if they did.
    What ugliness.
    I do believe that in life there is noway to lie and spread negativity without it coming back to bite you in the rear, so people trying to lie to hurt Whitney's win should remember this thing called KARMA... Just my two cents.
    Last edited by taffina; 05-16-2008 at 08:28 AM.

FORT Fogey

I think base on the finale performance Whitney deserves to win, her photo and the walk are like a bang. Congrats Whitney, I hope you can prove doubters wrong.

Her walk was horrid to me. her covergirl shot was better than Anya's but thats about it, Anya's portfolio is so much better. But Im fine with Whitney winning.
    Fatima: I feel like that’s the most important thing that anyone can take away from you – your choice.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by taffina;3001399;
    Exactly!
    People are beyond pathetic trying to diminish Whitney's win. It's very sad, and even more sad is the fact an entertainment show like E! would even address baseless internet rumors. Do they know that it's only an extremely small percentage of viewers who go onto the internet blogs and talk about the show?
    The majority of people who watch ANTM don't know about this rumor, and they most likely wouldn't even care about it if they did.
    What ugliness.
    I do believe that in life there is noway to lie and spread negativity without it coming back to bite you in the rear, so people trying to lie to hurt Whitney's win should remember this thing called KARMA... Just my two cents.
    I don't understand why all positive news is wonderful and all negative news is pathetic and sad. I'm all for more information and discussion, not less. It's not irresponsponsible for a show like E! to report the buzz that's going on, whether it's true or false. The responsibility for interpreting the news and judging whether it's worthy for public consumption, baseless, etc. rests with the viewer. Those who don't like rumors or gossip can always turn it off.

I find suppression of information ugly. That being said, Whitney will be fine, whether or not her win was predetermined--she seems to have a thicker skin than most. Plus, Saleisha doesn't seem to be harmed by the supposed controversy of her win (t-zone, more experience modeling than allowed by the rules, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer;3001885;
    I don't understand why all positive news is wonderful and all negative news is pathetic and sad. I'm all for more information and discussion, not less. It's not irresponsponsible for a show like E! to report the buzz that's going on, whether it's true or false. The responsibility for interpreting the news and judging whether it's worthy for public consumption, baseless, etc. rests with the viewer. Those who don't like rumors or gossip can always turn it off.

I find suppression of information ugly. That being said, Whitney will be fine, whether or not her win was predetermined--she seems to have a thicker skin than most. Plus, Saleisha doesn't seem to be harmed by the supposed controversy of her win (t-zone, more experience modeling than allowed by the rules, etc.).
    The source is really skeevy. A "mysterious woman" who refused to named knew a "chatty boy" who went to high school with Whitney (remember, she's 20 now) and says she was asked to gain weight. This was reported on a blog with a picture of her in a thin period, which we already knew she had. I could have made up that rumor.

I'm all for info and I tend to like conspiracy stories, but I need something more substantial than that before I get on board.

With Scandaleisha, there was a much more substantial evidence trail. She had a national commercial. She was T-Zone girl with ties to Tyra and had made several appearances on Tyra's talk show before ANTM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Binah;3001923;
    The source is really skeevy. A "mysterious woman" who refused to named knew a "chatty boy" who went to high school with Whitney (remember, she's 20 now) and says she was asked to gain weight. This was reported on a blog with a picture of her in a thin period, which we already knew she had. I could have made up that rumor.

I'm all for info and I tend to like conspiracy stories, but I need something more substantial than that before I get on board.

With Scandaleisha, there was a much more substantial evidence trail. She had a national commercial. She was T-Zone girl with ties to Tyra and had made several appearances on Tyra's talk show before ANTM.
    Oh, yeah, totally sketchy information. And probably fake/false. My point was, I'd rather have the information presented than suppressed, no matter how questionable. I don't like it when others make the decision for me as to what's appropriate for me to see--it belittles my intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer;3001959;
    Oh, yeah, totally sketchy information. And probably fake/false. My point was, I'd rather have the information presented than suppressed, no matter how questionable. I don't like it when others make the decision for me as to what's appropriate for me to see--it belittles my intelligence.
    Criticism of bad rumors is not supression.

I don't see how it's even a scandal. Girls get scouted for this show all the time. Clearly, Whitney was in that in-between range and they didn't want a repeat of cycle 9 Sarah. So, they said if she wanted to try out for the show she'd have to gain weight to fit in that plus size category. They weren't about to tell her to starve herself were they??

No scandal. Issue over.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer;3001885;

Because it's not NEWS!! It's a rumor, without any credibilty created by who knows who, and spread by "fans" of the show on various Top Model threads, and websites, and most of them are the ones who are bitter because their favorite girl didn't win. There is a CLEAR difference between legitimate news (good or bad), and internet bullcrap designed to slander someone by accusing them of cheating, lying, or conspiring with the producers to win the show...without ANY PROOF.
    It's pretty easy to figure out the distinction between real news and gossip. IMO
    Nobody is saying that people should not be allowed to engage in immature, ugly gossip..if that's what helps them feel good, but I'm just calling it wrong and critisizing it...not trying to surpress it.
    I'd rather not spend my time on stuff that is baseless and false. That's just me. Also, how many times do we have to hear about this, already? It seems like lately, someone comes here everyday and links us to those bikini pics of Whitney two years ago, and posts the same old rumor.

YAWN.
    Last edited by taffina; 05-16-2008 at 01:31 PM.

I saw this thing on the news about how a model recently had to quit the business because her hair started falling out a lot in a result of starving herself (sp?). They said the model was told to lose about 30 pounds if she wanted to get booked.
    She was 5'9 and 102lbs.
    Those poor girls
    (Im not saying all models are like this, but there are quite a few)

I hope Whitney will contribute a lot to change the industry, for the better.
    Im sure she will.
    Last edited by Sportysarah8; 05-16-2008 at 01:37 PM.
    J-"Do you really want to know?"
    T-"Break. it. down."
    J-"Impala SS. Cuz I be goin' kind of fast when I want to, weavin' like a hair do. Two tone: red on the bottom white on top. Rims, tint, System, bumpin', fly, FLYYYY!!"