Page 16 of 255 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

Friendly FORTified Model edgy-top-model's Avatar

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

absolutely adore this girl...such a warm personality...so smart...love her voice tone...GORGEOUS! Best plussy since Toccara!
    Favorites: Whitney, Aimee, Anya, Kat, Claire, Fatima

Maybees: Stacy Ann, Amis, Dominique, Lauren

Her voice is not that nice to me.
    We Will Always Love You Anya!
    You Are Our High Fashion Top Model Forever!

um, i still think Whitney can be one of the bitches of the house. She just gave me that vibe lol!

But i would love for them to give her some extensions, with some auburn hair color and a hair cut a la cindy crawford early 90's look. I think that would just make her look so yummy!
    Anya/Kata/Whitney FTW

' im not going to sacrifice my femininity ' ....um...she's stupid. the billion dollar fashion industry isn't going to sacrifice their standards for you either, dumbass!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by evoce?;2788865;
    ' im not going to sacrifice my femininity ' ....um...she's stupid. the billion dollar fashion industry isn't going to sacrifice their standards for you either, dumbass!
    Umm, where have you been? Remember all of the new weight rules that have been adopted in other countries?? And plus-size modeling is getting more popular these days. I'm sorry to tell you that the fashion industry has sacrificed their standards all ready!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;2788895;
    Umm, where have you been? Remember all of the new weight rules that have been adopted in other countries?? And plus-size modeling is getting more popular these days. I'm sorry to tell you that the fashion industry has sacrificed their standards all ready!

yeah, those weight regulations were to keep girls healthy, not fat! plus size modeling is getting popular, but only in america...land of mcdonalds and convenience. there are no standards that have been modified; long, thin, healthy girls will never not be en vogue.

Quote Originally Posted by evoce?;2788865;
    Yeah that kind of irked me. Is she trying to say that the models on the runway aren't ~real women~ because they don't have "curves". If so, real women have XY chromosomes. I hate plus sizes who always try to prove a point. Just model geez.
    Yeah, instead of just looking homeless, itís kind of changed to homeless chic. I dress up my flannel with pearls. -Jenah cycle 9

Quote Originally Posted by queenegoist;2789119;
    Yeah that kind of irked me. Is she trying to say that the models on the runway aren't ~real women~ because they don't have "curves". If so, real women have XY chromosomes. I hate plus sizes who always try to prove a point. Just model geez.
    That's exactly the problem with plus-sized modeling - they really DO have to work twice as hard to prove themselves because they fit outside the norm.

And "femininity" isn't the same as "being a female." Models do tend to look more boyish - more androgynous - than most women.

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by evoce?;2788916;
    yeah, those weight regulations were to keep girls healthy, not fat! plus size modeling is getting popular, but only in america...land of mcdonalds and convenience. there are no standards that have been modified; long, thin, healthy girls will never not be en vogue.
    I imagine you consider Jennifer Hudson thin you know... since she was in the cover of Vogue.

are you really trying to compare her to whitney? i'm not anti plus size at all....tyra just picks ones that suck!
    Last edited by hepcat; 02-10-2008 at 12:42 PM.