Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

  1. #1511
    Anya - Fatima Sundae Morning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,764

    Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

    Oooh I didn't notice.
    Homeless: Kimberly Lingerie: Katarzyna
    Meat: Claire Paint: Dominique
    Music: Anya Fuerzabruta: Fatima Jetsetter: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Rennaisance: Dominique Paparazzi: Anya Covergirl: Whitney

  2. #1512
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

    That's a great shot of Whitney. She looks beautiful.

    1. Some models find it too hard to stay at an artificially low weight and end up going plus size, so no, on that front I am not skeptical. And I've seen thinner pics and I would not call her skinny back then. Just thin.

    2. I watched that and it was on always eating junk food. She even said "She eats worse than I do." And that Dom would eat some of her food. Nah. I didn't find anything to be skeptical about that. Just some gossiping about a girl you live with. Maybe not the nicest thing, but I don't understand how that would make one skeptical.
    It just made me think she might not be the proudest plus size model, although thats what she would like viewers to think. But I understand your point.

  3. #1513
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,683

    Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by duckiies;2983228;
    That's a great shot of Whitney. She looks beautiful.



    It just made me think she might not be the proudest plus size model, although thats what she would like viewers to think. But I understand your point.
    I see your point as well. That maybe she still has some weight-related issues? Fair enough.

    Just re-read what I put, and I'm laughing at how formal I sound in this response. But sometimes I get sarcastic and it doesn't come out sounding the way I want to when I am just writing. So when I'm talking about someone's opinion, I tend to want to be careful.
    Last edited by Allie; 05-09-2008 at 11:45 PM. Reason: ETA: I sound so stiff and boring sometimes

  4. #1514
    Premium Member Lucy4588's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,032

    Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportysarah8;2983152;
    Did she ever actually say that she gained weight just to get more attention on the show? Random question, I know
    No, she has never said anything remotely like that at all. That's just something that people have speculated to explain her going from being a skinny model to a plus sized model.
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

    Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

  5. #1515
    What? taffina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

    Whitney probably found it difficult to remain thin and be healthy at the same time, so she naturally gained weight.
    Look, I don't care what anybody says, if a model is over 19 years old (no longer a teenager), is 5'9" or taller, there is noway being a size 2 comes naturally.
    Once you become an adult woman, you get wider hips etc. Also, someone tall has a larger frame..period, even if they're slender.
    No adult female almost 6ft tall is naturally 120 lbs. Most models who are that thin are barely eating, or smoking a lot to suppress their appetit, or taking stimulant.
    Whitney probably didn't want to be like that, because it's unhealthy, and because it's hard to maintain. So she gained weight as a result, and not because it was part some some plot on her part.
    Last edited by taffina; 05-10-2008 at 02:29 AM.

  6. #1516
    Whitatavidnyason Sportysarah8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    136

    Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy4588;2983313;
    No, she has never said anything remotely like that at all. That's just something that people have speculated to explain her going from being a skinny model to a plus sized model.
    Okay, thanks for telling me!
    Im starting to hate how they call them "plus sized". It makes them sound fat and they are not even close to fat. Especially Whitney. They should call them "Normal sized" or something different.
    J-"Do you really want to know?"
    T-"Break. it. down."
    J-"Impala SS. Cuz I be goin' kind of fast when I want to, weavin' like a hair do. Two tone: red on the bottom white on top. Rims, tint, System, bumpin', fly, FLYYYY!!"

  7. #1517
    ♡ H.B.I.C Deluxe ☆ pooja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ☠♡☂
    Posts
    667

    Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportysarah8;2983571;
    Okay, thanks for telling me!
    Im starting to hate how they call them "plus sized". It makes them sound fat and they are not even close to fat. Especially Whitney. They should call them "Normal sized" or something different.
    140 plus pounds is not "normal" by western media standards. you don't see women like nicole kidman, halle berry, and cameron diaz getting past a size 4 & theres a reason for that. what whitney has is a special face. she really is pretty and her body is put together nicely. other women her weight wouuldnt have the same proportions as her.

    plus did you ever see whitney with a soft gut hanging out? no. she's a big firm girl but she's not model/hollywood skinny.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

  8. #1518
    FORT Regular Antm101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    124

    Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

    i saw her in seventeen magazine. and my godness, her close up is gorgeous. i think she should get 3rd place. her portfolio in antm hasn't done her justice. anya for the win.

  9. #1519
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    98

    Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Dax;2983170;
    Oh wow. She looks gorgeous in the pic. I'm not even bothered by her mouth open. She looks stunning.
    This whole open-mouth thing is a non-issue.

    I never watched Cycle 5 (or any cycle before this one, except the early eps of Cycle 8), because I never had any interest in any of the contestants before Whitney, but someone on another forum compared Whitney to Nicole in terms of personality, so I was intrigued, and I read through the early parts of Nicole's thread here at FORT.

    And I found the funniest thing.

    Lots of people early on were complaining about Nicole having her mouth open in every picture.

    And, well...Nicole won.

    So like I said, it's a non-issue.

  10. #1520
    MEGGalomaniac Gerku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    311

    Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

    She looks like a B-class porn star who never paid attention to her diet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.