Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

i hope whitney wins it, love her.
    My ANTM: Adrianne, April, Norelle, Brittany, Jayla, Sara, AJ, Jael, Jenah, Whitney
    C10's Weekly Best Pictures
    Week 1 - Kim, Makeover - Fatima, Week 2 - Marvita, Week 3 - Lauren, Week 4 - Anya, Week 5 - Kata, Week 6 - Whitney, Week 7 - Lauren, Week 8 - Whitney, Week 9 - Fatima, Week 10 - Whitney, Finale ?

Quote Originally Posted by labrowneyes;2983111;
    I know! And I even like her so-called bad shots! She is just amazing and I would be so happy if she won!
    I just have one question. Do you think she would be a better (or more deserving winner) than Anya?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundae Morning;2983118;
    yeah, I admire her portfolio, even her Paint shot I lurve.
    Me two! I mean there were better ones but it isn't HORRIBLE!
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

Quote Originally Posted by jeni08;2983106;
    I agree those comments are stupid and immature, she's a beautiful girl. And I didn't mean everybody thought like that, but that's the general belief: If you don't like Whitney, it's only because she's plus-sized. And I don't think the show is rigged, but at this point I believe that if she wins, it's only to have a plus-sized winner. Because nobody can say that she has done better than the other 2. Fatima, well, there's different opinions, but, nobody can say that she has done better than Anya.... not even close.
    And that is fair.

Some people do feel she's done better than the other two, while others do not. FORT is pretty vocal for Anya, so I'd say the majority of posters agree on this site.

Just looking back at the portfolios that have been posted I actually have Anya and Whitney tied for the ones I like best at 3 each and Fatima with 4. But maybe a 3.5 for Anya and Fats because I go back and forth on the castle one.

I don't take it personally, because I look at modeling like art and literature. Your taste is your own. No one is right or wrong.

I don't think anyone deserves to win or not win at this point. They've all worked hard. Just depends on what Tyra wants for her brand, ANTM.

ETA: I also think people might get twitchy with comments like "no one" and "everyone" when they don't agree.
    Last edited by Allie; 05-09-2008 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by labrowneyes;2983126;
    Me two! I mean there were better ones but it isn't HORRIBLE!
    I love both her Paint and Music Genre shot but honestly, I like her Paint shot more than the Music Genre one.
    Homeless: Kimberly Lingerie: Katarzyna
    Meat: Claire Paint: Dominique
    Music: Anya Fuerzabruta: Fatima Jetsetter: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Rennaisance: Dominique Paparazzi: Anya Covergirl: Whitney

Quote Originally Posted by labrowneyes;2983111;
    I know! And I even like her so-called bad shots! She is just amazing and I would be so happy if she won!
    Yeah me too! Even her castle shot. Sure it wasnt the best one but its not dreadful like a lot of people are saying.

yeah, I admire her portfolio, even her Paint shot I lurve
    Me too! Its really soft and pretty.

I just have one question. Do you think she would be a better (or more deserving winner) than Anya?
    I know this wasnt really directed towards me but anyways, I think they are all deserving. Anya has great pictures but the judges have to consider everything. If they can handle the stress, if they can do interviews and commercials (Anya should work on her speech), if they have a star presence, and many other things and I think Whitney is just as deserving as Anya.
    J-"Do you really want to know?"
    T-"Break. it. down."
    J-"Impala SS. Cuz I be goin' kind of fast when I want to, weavin' like a hair do. Two tone: red on the bottom white on top. Rims, tint, System, bumpin', fly, FLYYYY!!"

FORT Fogey

I know Whitney is looked at as inspirational because of her size...but does anyone find it slightly skeptical that:

1. She used to be skinny.
    2. She negatively said that Dominique eats too much.

?

Quote Originally Posted by jeni08;2983123;
    I think she would be better for the show. I was convinced for a long time that Anya was going to win. But then I thought about it, Anya has no platform. A Whitney win would garner the show tons of publicity! The first plus size model. The first one at that and the "first" winners (first cycle, first black girl, first blonde, first latina) always do really good post show.

I mean I can already see Tyra being commended for having a plus model but even more for her winning. If Anya won it would just be like oh...she's a great model and she looks like she can work. Her accent hinders her more than Dani's and Jaslene's.

And it if Whitney were to win she would be the first plus model the cover of Seventeen. And she is exactly what CG is looking for. IDK IMO Whitney has it! Can't you just see her on a talkshow or her Torrid/Lane Bryant, CG ads?

I didn't mean to write a novel but I've thought a lot about this.
    Last edited by labrowneyes; 05-09-2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Forgot to put in Seventeen
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

Did she ever actually say that she gained weight just to get more attention on the show? Random question, I know
    J-"Do you really want to know?"
    T-"Break. it. down."
    J-"Impala SS. Cuz I be goin' kind of fast when I want to, weavin' like a hair do. Two tone: red on the bottom white on top. Rims, tint, System, bumpin', fly, FLYYYY!!"

Quote Originally Posted by duckiies;2983143;
    I know Whitney is looked at as inspirational because of her size...but does anyone find it slightly skeptical that:

1. She used to be skinny.
    2. She negatively said that Dominique eats too much.

?
    1. Some models find it too hard to stay at an artificially low weight and end up going plus size, so no, on that front I am not skeptical. And I've seen thinner pics and I would not call her skinny back then. Just thin.

2. I watched that and it was on always eating junk food. She even said "She eats worse than I do." And that Dom would eat some of her food. Nah. I didn't find anything to be skeptical about that. Just some gossiping about a girl you live with. Maybe not the nicest thing, but I don't understand how that would make one skeptical.