Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by Eydtkuhnen;2982250;
    People don't understand that Whitney's MANY fans -- the silent majority -- many of whom are full-figured girls themselves, would never post on ANTM forums. Why would they? To endure more anti-curvy comments? It would be hard for them to endure such cattiness about someone who is actually very thin (Whitney, at a size 10, IS very thin, thinner than the median American woman), probably thinner than they themselves are. It would be hard not to take that personally. It would feel too much like high school.

Say you're a young size-18 girl and you admire Whitney. Would you ever peep up at an ANTM forum, just to hear people go weight-bashing on someone who's way skinnier than you are? No thanks.

It's easy for the pro-skinny crowd to go after her, because they have the entire fashion industry and the media on their side.

On the other hand, the blogosphere (especially general blogs, not ANTM blogs) is very positive about Whitney. That's where you actually hear the voices of Whitney's fans -- there, and at forums dedicated to plus-size models. Not at ANTM forums, where the anti-curve crowd feels empowered to go after her just for not being thin.

Totally agree!!
    Whitney rocks!
    Congrats to Whitney for being the first plus-size ANTM and David Cook for being the first rocker American Idol!

its down to the wire. trim spa, baby! whitney will rock the finals, i feel it. i can feel plus size love & energy oozing from the e-world. yay!
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

Quote Originally Posted by Eydtkuhnen;2982250;
    People don't understand that Whitney's MANY fans -- the silent majority -- many of whom are full-figured girls themselves, would never post on ANTM forums. Why would they? To endure more anti-curvy comments? It would be hard for them to endure such cattiness about someone who is actually very thin (Whitney, at a size 10, IS very thin, thinner than the median American woman), probably thinner than they themselves are. It would be hard not to take that personally. It would feel too much like high school.

Say you're a young size-18 girl and you admire Whitney. Would you ever peep up at an ANTM forum, just to hear people go weight-bashing on someone who's way skinnier than you are? No thanks.

It's easy for the pro-skinny crowd to go after her, because they have the entire fashion industry and the media on their side.

On the other hand, the blogosphere (especially general blogs, not ANTM blogs) is very positive about Whitney. That's where you actually hear the voices of Whitney's fans -- there, and at forums dedicated to plus-size models. Not at ANTM forums, where the anti-curve crowd feels empowered to go after her just for not being thin.
    Go you! And having her win CoverGirl of the Week (finally i might add), especially so far into the end of the season, says it for itself.
    Currently Watching: America's Next Top Model c11, I Love Money and Project Runway 5

Want to Win: Lauren Brie (ANTM 11) and Korto (PR5)
    Just Go Away: Analeigh (ANTM 11) and Kenley (PR5)

For some reason, as soon as somebody says that Whitney should not win this, they automatically think that that persona wants her gone because of her weight. Well, it's not. I am a healthy size 12 girl and I am all for a plus size model; but Whitney IMO hasn't performed how I would've liked (she was one of favs in the beggining). I don't think she deserves to be there over other more deserving models (like Kat). She is a beautiful girl and she has a beautiful body, but her pictures and her performance hasn't been consistently getting better like the other models (except Anya who has been doing good the entire time). Whitney was one of my favorites at the beggining, Fatima wasn't (and still isn't) nowhere near my "dream" top 3. But if I was looking at this for personality or for pretty face, I would definetly go for Whit (because I think she's much prettier than Fatima, and much nicer). But top model wise and competition wise, I have to go with Fatima. She has been getting consistently better (to my horror) and Whitney has been getting worse (also to my horror). I like Whitney as a person (or what I can see in the show) and I wish she had done better in this competition. But the truth of the matter is, IMO she deserved to go home a long time ago. Kat should still be there and maybe even Dom.

So, I repeat: my negativity towars Whitney has nothing to do with her weight, and Im sure other people feel the same way.

I really dont think her portfolio is bad at all. Everyone goes on about hers is not good or she only has a few good ones, and yeah I get that it your opinion but I disagree. She had like one not good photo, IMO. The rest are really good.
    J-"Do you really want to know?"
    T-"Break. it. down."
    J-"Impala SS. Cuz I be goin' kind of fast when I want to, weavin' like a hair do. Two tone: red on the bottom white on top. Rims, tint, System, bumpin', fly, FLYYYY!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jeni08;2983054;
    For some reason, as soon as somebody says that Whitney should not win this, they automatically think that that persona wants her gone because of her weight. Well, it's not. I am a healthy size 12 girl and I am all for a plus size model; but Whitney IMO hasn't performed how I would've liked (she was one of favs in the beggining). I don't think she deserves to be there over other more deserving models (like Kat). She is a beautiful girl and she has a beautiful body, but her pictures and her performance hasn't been consistently getting better like the other models (except Anya who has been doing good the entire time). Whitney was one of my favorites at the beggining, Fatima wasn't (and still isn't) nowhere near my "dream" top 3. But if I was looking at this for personality or for pretty face, I would definetly go for Whit (because I think she's much prettier than Fatima, and much nicer). But top model wise and competition wise, I have to go with Fatima. She has been getting consistently better (to my horror) and Whitney has been getting worse (also to my horror). I like Whitney as a person (or what I can see in the show) and I wish she had done better in this competition. But the truth of the matter is, IMO she deserved to go home a long time ago. Kat should still be there and maybe even Dom.

So, I repeat: my negativity towars Whitney has nothing to do with her weight, and Im sure other people feel the same way.
    I think people are talking about the jokes that she is going to be a spokesperson for Trimspa, the comments that she is a fat pig, that thin girl are more attractive, that the only reason she is there because Tyra wants any plus size to win, that the only reason she is plus size because she gained weight for attention, and so on. And the comments that no one likes her, that her CGOTW win was rigged, that her winning is rigged, that she stole someone else's place

NOT the people who don't like her as a model or don't like her personality. I'd be fine with any of them winning just because of what the role and job of ANTM is. They all have their negatives. Even Anya. Evan Kat.

FORT Fogey

When people call Whitney fat, I just don't see it. I can't understand how someone with Whitney's body is considered "fat."

I agree those comments are stupid and immature, she's a beautiful girl. And I didn't mean everybody thought like that, but that's the general belief: If you don't like Whitney, it's only because she's plus-sized. And I don't think the show is rigged, but at this point I believe that if she wins, it's only to have a plus-sized winner. Because nobody can say that she has done better than the other 2. Fatima, well, there's different opinions, but, nobody can say that she has done better than Anya.... not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportysarah8;2983081;
    I really dont think her portfolio is bad at all. Everyone goes on about hers is not good or she only has a few good ones, and yeah I get that it your opinion but I disagree. She had like one not good photo, IMO. The rest are really good.
    I know! And I even like her so-called bad shots! She is just amazing and I would be so happy if she won!
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

yeah, I admire her portfolio, even her Paint shot I lurve.
    Homeless: Kimberly Lingerie: Katarzyna
    Meat: Claire Paint: Dominique
    Music: Anya Fuerzabruta: Fatima Jetsetter: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Rennaisance: Dominique Paparazzi: Anya Covergirl: Whitney