Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

Dax

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2981106;
    I think Whitney's lingerie picture wasn't good, but not something that was her fault. They gave her a horrible outfit and constricted her in that corset, which all added to making it not so good. She could have bared her midriff like the other girls--she doesn't have rolls of fat and with the right angles, she could have rocked it. They didn't need to cover her up so much.
    Isn't the models work to make everything they put on them, as wrong as it is, work and look good? That's why they are models. Even if she was styled bad, she should have rocked it.

Still I think there were better shots as you can see in her photoshoot. There was one where she was standing that was beautiful. I have no idea why they chose that one.

Even though she does open her mouth a lot more often than she should, I think that even the photographers/directors ask her to do that. I don't really remmeber one time that Mr. Jay or the photographer have asked her to really Close her mouth , so maybe since she's not getting that feedback, she's not closing her mouth. . YEs they've asked her to not suck in her cheeks, but I don't think they've ever really Vehemently told her to close the Mouth

Also I am getting a bit tired of people saying that the show is rigged because
    Whitney made it so far and Tyra may have picked a designer whohas a plus size selection for the finale runway. Yes, she most definitely does pick designers months in advance, but to say that she did pick a designer keeping Whitney in mind is stretching it a bit too far.
    One day, Katarzyna will accost Tyra on the catwalk, sparta-Kick her off it and yell "This is KATARZYNA!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by phat_prince;2981145;
    remember when mr jay said:

"whitney should stop being others than herself and stop sucking in cheeks"

i believe he was addressing whitney's habit of opening her mouth in each shots. because me personally (and I believe some people too), when I open my mouth, my cheeks are getting sucked in and looks skinnier. plus that makes my cheekbones more severe. So maybe whitney does that open-mouth thing on purpose.
    I like her pictures with her cheeks in. The ones where she doesn't do it, like the fade away picture, look ew.
    Top Model LARPing! OMG!
    KatarXena Warrior Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dara;2981793;
    I like her pictures with her cheeks in. The ones where she doesn't do it, like the fade away picture, look ew.
    me too! so i kind of okay with her open-mouth pose. I think I'm okay if she win this cycle. Well, finally one plus-size girl..
    Miss Jay: "But that's why it's called COVERGIRL cause it covers up the man in you.."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Binah;2977617;
    She did win Covergirl of the Week! I guess more people like her that would seem evident online/FORT. Though Whit certainly does have some online fans, but also noisy detractors.

And she was so beautiful in the last ep.
    People don't understand that Whitney's MANY fans -- the silent majority -- many of whom are full-figured girls themselves, would never post on ANTM forums. Why would they? To endure more anti-curvy comments? It would be hard for them to endure such cattiness about someone who is actually very thin (Whitney, at a size 10, IS very thin, thinner than the median American woman), probably thinner than they themselves are. It would be hard not to take that personally. It would feel too much like high school.

Say you're a young size-18 girl and you admire Whitney. Would you ever peep up at an ANTM forum, just to hear people go weight-bashing on someone who's way skinnier than you are? No thanks.

It's easy for the pro-skinny crowd to go after her, because they have the entire fashion industry and the media on their side.

On the other hand, the blogosphere (especially general blogs, not ANTM blogs) is very positive about Whitney. That's where you actually hear the voices of Whitney's fans -- there, and at forums dedicated to plus-size models. Not at ANTM forums, where the anti-curve crowd feels empowered to go after her just for not being thin.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by puffter;2981779;
    Also I am getting a bit tired of people saying that the show is rigged because Whitney made it so far and Tyra may have picked a designer who has a plus size selection for the finale runway. Yes, she most definitely does pick designers months in advance, but to say that she did pick a designer keeping Whitney in mind is stretching it a bit too far.
    I sure as heck haven't seen anything to indicate that the show is rigged any way except AGAINST Whitney. Just look at the prize for the Gai Mattiolo challenge. It was a SIZE TWO dress. In other words, Whitney was by definition ineligible for that prize. She was competing in a challenge she couldn't win.

I'd say getting clothes to fit a plus-size contestant is not "rigging" -- it's the very LEAST that you'd except to give the girls a fair and level playing field.

^but the fashion industry is not going to give a fair playing field.
    ANTM PHOTOS:
    Homeless:Aimee, Makeover: Fatima, Lingerie: Anya, Meat: Lauren, Paint: Katarzyana, Music: Whitney, Fuerzabruta: Fatima, Jetsetters: Anya, Commercial: Fatima, Castle: Fatima, 50's Glamour: Anya, Covergirl: Fatima, Worst Winner: Whitney

Quote Originally Posted by Eydtkuhnen;2982250;
    People don't understand that Whitney's MANY fans -- the silent majority -- many of whom are full-figured girls themselves, would never post on ANTM forums. Why would they? To endure more anti-curvy comments? It would be hard for them to endure such cattiness about someone who is actually very thin (Whitney, at a size 10, IS very thin, thinner than the median American woman), probably thinner than they themselves are. It would be hard not to take that personally. It would feel too much like high school.

Say you're a young size-18 girl and you admire Whitney. Would you ever peep up at an ANTM forum, just to hear people go weight-bashing on someone who's way skinnier than you are? No thanks.

It's easy for the pro-skinny crowd to go after her, because they have the entire fashion industry and the media on their side.

On the other hand, the blogosphere (especially general blogs, not ANTM blogs) is very positive about Whitney. That's where you actually hear the voices of Whitney's fans -- there, and at forums dedicated to plus-size models. Not at ANTM forums, where the anti-curve crowd feels empowered to go after her just for not being thin.
    I so agree it's not even funny

Quote Originally Posted by emynndajl;2982290;
    ^but the fashion industry is not going to give a fair playing field.
    Well personally I'm glad that they give equal chances to plus sizes on this show even though the fashion world obviously doesn't. It sends a great message.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax;2981079;
    Watch her shoot in the meatpacking photoshoot. In every frame her mouth is open. I just want to see the mouth close once.
    We don't get so see every frame they do. The get like fifty and I think it takes like 20 mins for a shoot. They just show clips.

I am so happy Whitney has a chance to win!
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."