Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by BustaK;2957987;
    ^^ But tons of people are bashing her based on her size in addition to her personality. People are like "She's rude AND she has a fat ass!"

As for her personality, I find it funny that when it comes to girls like Kat, people are like "Well, we don't get to see her TRUE personality because of editing", but when it comes to other girls, people can't accept that editing has so much to do with how these girls come off. Also, when Lauren's commercial was playing and Kat started laughing at it, no one said anything. I bet had that been Whitney laughing, people would be posting pages and pages of how she's such a bitch for laughing at poor Lauren's commerial.

If Whitney talks a lot about being plus sized, that has to do with editing. It's like when Victoria was continuously questioned on attending Yale Unviersity. It's not like she brought Yale up in every conversation but when being interviewed, she was continuously asked about that question.

As for the "so blond" comment. Come on. Anya made a very dumb comment and Whitney made a joke on it. Some people just seem so willing to criticize her on everything she does and are upset that she talks crap about some girls behind their back. Well, what's every FORT member doing when they come on this board?
    After watching the episode it looked like Whitney was quoting Gai when she was like Oh Anya so blond cause he said that about her. The probably just did some editing and bow. And although forumers don't like her most people who watch the show love what she stands for and the stigma she's fighting.

I think that Fatima is waaay bitchier than Whitney is but everytime she's mean everyone's just like oh what a cold bitch I love it but when Whitney says a couple of things about other girls everyone gets all upset. But I love the fact that she has more fans on the CW than Fats and Anya.

Yeah she says she's a plus sized girl every other minute but at least she's getting the word out and that's what counts.

Her personality bitchy as it may be is preventing her from getting the lost spark edit which she was trying desperately to avoid.
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

Quote Originally Posted by BustaK;2957745;
    Tyra doesn't care about the whole body issue thing. The woman has every picture of her photoshopped to make her look half the size she is. If she cared, she wouldn't demand her pictures be photoshopped to death to give the illusion that she's still skinny. Talk about fake.

She also went crazy when she was called "fat" in some magazine.
    actually you're right. And I notice too that tyra is getting skinnier every cycle from the cycle that she was photographed and called fat.

tyra is so fake and she doesn't like whitney for being fake?...

I am not whitney's fan but I just don't find it relevant.
    Miss Jay: "But that's why it's called COVERGIRL cause it covers up the man in you.."

Quote Originally Posted by BustaK;2957987;
    ^^ But tons of people are bashing her based on her size in addition to her personality. People are like "She's rude AND she has a fat ass!"

As for her personality, I find it funny that when it comes to girls like Kat, people are like "Well, we don't get to see her TRUE personality because of editing", but when it comes to other girls, people can't accept that editing has so much to do with how these girls come off. Also, when Lauren's commercial was playing and Kat started laughing at it, no one said anything. I bet had that been Whitney laughing, people would be posting pages and pages of how she's such a bitch for laughing at poor Lauren's commerial.

If Whitney talks a lot about being plus sized, that has to do with editing. It's like when Victoria was continuously questioned on attending Yale Unviersity. It's not like she brought Yale up in every conversation but when being interviewed, she was continuously asked about that question.

As for the "so blond" comment. Come on. Anya made a very dumb comment and Whitney made a joke on it. Some people just seem so willing to criticize her on everything she does and are upset that she talks crap about some girls behind their back. Well, what's every FORT member doing when they come on this board?
    I. Love. You.

Btw, Whitney commented my picture I made for her again and she said, "It is kinda funny that out of the hundreds of shots taken in each of the shoots the one always selected is where my mouth is open! haha" So now we can all say that Whitney is actually aware of her mouth.
    Last edited by PaleHeart; 04-30-2008 at 05:34 PM.
    Currently Watching: America's Next Top Model c11, I Love Money and Project Runway 5

Want to Win: Lauren Brie (ANTM 11) and Korto (PR5)
    Just Go Away: Analeigh (ANTM 11) and Kenley (PR5)

I still dont like her. I wonder how many times she will mention she is plus on tonights episodes. pleease be eliminated soon.
    Fatima: I feel like that’s the most important thing that anyone can take away from you – your choice.

FORT Regular

It's weird how at the start of this Cycle just before it aired, I was thinkng that she will get the furthest out of any plus-size girl that has been on ANTM. As Toccarra survived 7 eliminations, Robin placed 4th but survived 6 eliminations, whereas Whitney has survived 8 eliminations so far (9 if you count Kimberley as an elimination), so she truly has gotten further than any plus-size, love her or hate her she is probably the best plus-size they've ever had and will ever get.

Hopefully she gets Top 3, although I'd love to see her win but i sincerely doubt it. But in the Order of Elimination Speculation thread I have said she would win it... so here's hoping!

FORT Newbie

It's gotta be said, I love Whitney. Yes, she comes across as slightly disengenuous but, over editing, am sure, plays a huge part in this. What must be said is that she is not only a beautiful woman but also a very good model. She is articulate and intelligent and sure to be ANTM's first ever plus sized model. BNTM missed out big time in cycle 3 not making Louise the first plus sized Top Model winner. Sure, Anya is an amazing model and in the past I would have been rooting for her but seeing as things go: Jenah and Heather losing out in cycle 9 etc. I am certain she will not get the "honour" of being ANTM because she is just too damn good. So, go Whitney! Dominique, Kata and Fatma don't stand a chance in hell of winning (although I am hoping Kata will place highly) and with the trends in choosing the winners, it is the PERFECT opportunity to make a plussie ANTM. Tyra has had ANTMs of almost every colour, asian and oriental not withstading, and is now exploring the other facets: commercial and... plus sized. Whitney is, by far, the most stable and talented plus sized model the show has ever had. A SURE winner. Go Whits!

FORT Fogey

IMO Sarah was the best plus size model

I am guessing that she will mention her size at least three times this episode, and will complain at least once about whoever wins the challenge if she doesn't win.

FORT Newbie

BTW, Paulina is like the BEST ANTM judge ever - I hope this aint the last cycle!!!!!!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kippytip;2960639;
    . She is articulate and intelligent and sure to be ANTM's first ever plus sized model. BNTM missed out big time in cycle 3 not making Louise the first plus sized Top Model winner. Sure, Anya is an amazing model and in the past I would have been rooting for her but seeing as things go: Jenah and Heather losing out in cycle 9 etc.
    Louise was not a plus-size but she was quite big for a model as she was closer to a real-size model than plus-size, and she took amazing photos.

Unless Tyra crowns a plus-size winner no other NTM will as they don't want to see their plus-size winner as a failure, which they probably won't be.

FORT Fogey

BustaK, my brain twin forevah.

In regards to Whitney consistently mentioning her size--I'm positive it has to do somewhat with editing.

Elyse of cycle one has given a lot of detailed explanations about the behind the scenes of top model, including the ways in which editors weave the stories.
    There are two kinds of ANTM interviews. One is the diary room, where the girls are required to spend at least five minutes each day, even if they just stare at the camera and don't say a word. (Robin did just that.)
    Of course, this isn't a totally reliant way to get all the information they need, so they also have interviews with each girl. I believe they hold them once or twice a week. During the interviews, the girls are given the topics, and their given questions. When asked a question, they are asked to restate it in their answer. This is presumably so we won't hear the cameraperson, but we still know what the girl is talking about. In this way, they can feed lines to the girls. For example, a question to Victoria could have been "How does being a student from Yale make you a stronger competitor than the others?" which would force Victoria to say something like "being a student at Yale, I feel I'm stronger than the other girls because..." I
    Similarly, the producers could ask Whitney "do you feel disadvantaged being a plus size?" or "How does your size affect you in the competition?" And she'll be forced to restate.

Also, we have to remember that not all viewers watch ANTM consistently, so they like to reiterate the recurring themes. Kind of like how Jaeda kept pissing and moaning about her hair.