Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by phat_prince;2957641;
    but one designer from the go-sees say that they don't use size 0 too, right? That means you can't be too skinny either to be a model that fashion world uses.

ARGH, this whole body issue thing really change people's perceptions a lot. I mean, I can't even tell if a woman normal or fat. I thought whitney is smaller than average but some people say that she's fat.

Now I see why Tyra really cares about this whole body issue thing.

and by the way I prefer whitney's hair to be brown, not blonde like now.
    I found it unusual that the designer said they doesn't use 0s. There is more pressure to not use unusually model-wise skinny girls, but I think most of it is smoke-and-mirrors.

Isn't the average runway mode size a 2? Or did I just pull that from out of thin air?

And Whitney is a smaller size than the American average. I think the "fat" comments are more the model sense. Not that I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by phat_prince;2957641;
    Now I see why Tyra really cares about this whole body issue thing.
    Tyra doesn't care about the whole body issue thing. The woman has every picture of her photoshopped to make her look half the size she is. If she cared, she wouldn't demand her pictures be photoshopped to death to give the illusion that she's still skinny. Talk about fake.

She also went crazy when she was called "fat" in some magazine.

FORT Fogey

Four--People HATE Whitney for bashing skinny models, but nobody has any issue with people who bash plus sizes because skinny girls are the norm. How about we accept the fact that not everyone likes the Alice Burdeu body type.
    If someone bashed a plus size model and said that they were inferior, sort of like that weird-o designer who only uses size twos, than I'm sure many people would speak up. No one ever on the show actually bashed a plus size girl, which is why no one here ever spoke up. If someone said that size 10 was obese or disgusting, I'd be absolutely appalled, and I believe many other people here would be too.

I think Whitney is rude for bashing skinny girls, and I don't think that thinking she's rude for that is a bad thing. If she bashed a plus size model, I'd still think it was rude. If she just said, "it's hard for me, because I'm plus size" every so often, then fine. But instead she has to squeeze in a put down. And she doesn't even put down girls for being skinny, she puts down girls for everything. From looking like waitresses to being "so blonde."

I just want to say that I have no problem with Whitney's size. I have a problem with her attitude and her talking about her size all the time.

^^ But tons of people are bashing her based on her size in addition to her personality. People are like "She's rude AND she has a fat ass!"

As for her personality, I find it funny that when it comes to girls like Kat, people are like "Well, we don't get to see her TRUE personality because of editing", but when it comes to other girls, people can't accept that editing has so much to do with how these girls come off. Also, when Lauren's commercial was playing and Kat started laughing at it, no one said anything. I bet had that been Whitney laughing, people would be posting pages and pages of how she's such a bitch for laughing at poor Lauren's commerial.

If Whitney talks a lot about being plus sized, that has to do with editing. It's like when Victoria was continuously questioned on attending Yale Unviersity. It's not like she brought Yale up in every conversation but when being interviewed, she was continuously asked about that question.

As for the "so blond" comment. Come on. Anya made a very dumb comment and Whitney made a joke on it. Some people just seem so willing to criticize her on everything she does and are upset that she talks crap about some girls behind their back. Well, what's every FORT member doing when they come on this board?

FORT Fogey

This is a discussion forum. ANTM is not. Also, it's not exactly talking behind their backs because we don't know them, and they don't know us.

Whitney always is in a different confessional when talking about her size. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the same clip of Victoria used over and over? Whitney also talked to Anya about it, and when Anya was trying to be helpful, Whitney was like "yeah, right" like Anya doesn't know what she's talking about.

The Kat laughing at Lauren thing was brought up, actually. I didn't like her doing it, but we've seen Kat and we know she's a sweetheart. Whitney, we know, is not.

The power of editing can only do so much. By not showing a girl (Kat) people think she's boring. It's a lot easier to make a girl seem boring than it is to make a girl seem like a bitch. They are damn good editors if they edited Whitney saying "oh Anya, so blonde," "Anya, she's not the brightest star in the sky," "Last week Anya gets ten grand, and this week she gets a designer dress! What do I get?" and "Claire? I didn't think she was THAT good! I mean, plus size model doing splits over here!"

And basically everything else Whitney has said. I thought the blonde comment was rude. "Rolling down the river" is something I've heard before. Anya isn't super bright, but I'm sure she's not dumb. Whitney is all sweet and nice to Anya, but then she gets bitchy behind her back.

Whitney talks a lot about being a plus sized model not only in confessionals, but with the other girls. It's a little annoying after a while. That's all I'm saying.

This is a discussion forum. ANTM is not. Also, it's not exactly talking behind their backs because we don't know them, and they don't know us.
    The girls can still have discussions on the show. You also say we don't know them, so why all the judgement calls then? It's not like they know each other that well either.

Whitney always is in a different confessional when talking about her size. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the same clip of Victoria used over and over? Whitney also talked to Anya about it, and when Anya was trying to be helpful, Whitney was like "yeah, right" like Anya doesn't know what she's talking about.
    Victoria was also in different confessionals. If she had lasted as long as Whitney, we would have seen even more. When interviewed, Victoria claimed that she was always asked to talk about Yale.

The Kat laughing at Lauren thing was brought up, actually. I didn't like her doing it, but we've seen Kat and we know she's a sweetheart. Whitney, we know, is not.
    I go into Kat's thread on a daily basis, I saw like four comments in regards to her laughing and no one was harsh. Like I said, had it been Whitney people would be continuosly trashing her on just that.

And basically everything else Whitney has said. I thought the blonde comment was rude. "Rolling down the river" is something I've heard before. Anya isn't super bright, but I'm sure she's not dumb. Whitney is all sweet and nice to Anya, but then she gets bitchy behind her back.
    I don't think the blond comment was rude. If I'm with my friends and I say something stupid or they do, we will make fun of each other. That doesn't mean we think we're stupid, we're just joking around. Plus, we don't know the extent of Whitney and Anya's relationship, so it's unfair to say Whitney is fake towards Anya. They have spent time vacationing together post-ANTM.

Look at Mel Rose, during cycle 7, she was hated by most and now she isn't. Even Eugena claimed the whole Mel Rose being a bitch was largely exaggerated.
    Every single girl (sweet or bitchy) always makes comments (post-show) about how edited and fake the show is. Yet, when it comes to Whitney, editing has nothing to do with it?
    Last edited by BustaK; 04-29-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BustaK;2958061;
    The girls can still have discussions on the show. You also say we don't know them, so why all the judgement calls then? It's not like they know each other that well either.

Victoria was also in different confessionals. If she had lasted as long as Whitney, we would have seen even more. When interviewed, Victoria claimed that she was always asked to talk about Yale.

I go into Kat's thread on a daily basis, I saw like four comments in regards to her laughing and no one was harsh. Like I said, had it been Whitney people would be continuosly trashing her on just that.

I don't think the blond comment was rude. If I'm with my friends and I say something stupid or they do, we will make fun of each other. That doesn't mean we think we're stupid, we're just joking around. Plus, we don't know the extent of Whitney and Anya's relationship, so it's unfair to say Whitney is fake towards Anya. They have spent time vacationing together post-ANTM.

Look at Mel Rose, during cycle 7, she was hated by most and now she isn't. Even Eugena claimed the whole Mel Rose being a bitch was largely exaggerated.
    Every single girl (sweet or bitchy) always makes comments (post-show) about how edited and fake the show is. Yet, when it comes to Whitney, editing has nothing to do with it?
    Bravo, I totally agree, I love Whitney and Melrose, I could see right through the editing, both ladies are and were tough competitors

FORT Fogey

Melrose, bitchy or not, was a great model.

IMO, Whitney is not.

That's one of the many reasons I don't like Whitney in this competition.

I didn't know different clips were used. So I take that back. But I'm sure that the other girls don't constantly ask Whitney "So, how is it being a plus size model?"

Whitney would not get slammed for laughing, IMO. I can honestly say I wouldn't think anything of it. We don't even know if the other girls were laughing, only Kat was shown. I didn't think any of the laughing at the commercials was negative. I mean, the commercials sucked.

All I know is that Whitney is not a nice girl. Fatima has said it, Lauren has said it, I believe Claire said it...I mean, after a while things have to be taken into consideration.

I'm judging Whitney, I'll admit. But I do think she's a bitch. Judging or not, that's how I see her. I'll never think differently unless she starts spewing rainbows. We don't know them, right, but I'd say judgement is all part of the forum package. And I'm sure that, after living with each other every hour of every day for what, ten weeks now?, that the girls know each other pretty well.

I just don't like Whitney. Unless she turns her whole personality around and starts taking some amazing shots, I'm going to continue disliking her.

^^ That's fair. All I'm saying is that some people need to cut Whitney some slack. These shows are completely edited. Maybe Whitney is a total bitch and maybe she is completely fake, but we don't know that for sure. We can't trust the editing of this show.

Whitney = "when pretty girls have stanky attitudes like that, it irks me"-Sabrina from Cycle 9 auditions
    Fatima: I feel like that’s the most important thing that anyone can take away from you – your choice.