Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by Antm101;2955031;
    i don't want whitney to win

1) fat girls are role models? HELLO, that is just sad. if a fat girl wins, it just shows people in america that you don't need to exercise and you can be fat and be gorgeous. WRONG, fat girls shouldn't even join this competition, its a disgrace to america and a bad message to young girls all over the world.

2) Whitney has a fake personality and she needs to close her mouth

3) Whitney thinks she is representing the fat, when she was once skinny. she is just in this competition because she turned fat.

4) her pictures are so whatever, i can care less because probably two of her pictures were great, but aren't even that amazing.

5) i despise fat people, im fat and i don't really like being fat. its not a good message and it isn't healthy. i seriously can't imagine myself wanting to be fat and thinking im gorgeous as a fat person. being fat is NOT a good thing and i am seriously going to lose it soon. haha.

6) i don't think she deserves it as much as the other girls. she hasn't pulled anything amazing in turns of personality and pictures. tyra said that the only way a plus size girl can win is if she takes the most beautiful pictures and has the most good personality to overcome the other girls and the judges have no excuse to eliminate her. whitney has not done so. therefore she shouldn't win and i think its pretty much too late for her to rock it with her weak and ugly portfolio.

Only two pictures were great
    1) fuerza buerta
    2) homeless

Okay pictures were
    3) grunge music

Horrible Pictures were
    4) lingerie- holy, she looks like a fat pig.
    5) paint- close your mouth and your face isn't attractive
    6) air plane- its just so bland and not fashion at all.

i liked whitney during the fuerza buerta episode, but i started to grow a dislike to her for some reason.

WHITNEY for the LOSE
    Sweetie, sweetie, sweetie. Read the posts that were posted right before your comment. She is not fat.

I hate Whitney and I hope she loses. Fat or not, I still hate her. She needs to stop sucking in her cheeks and acting so fake,she thinks she is better than everyone else and she is not. Get real Whitney.
    Fatima: I feel like that’s the most important thing that anyone can take away from you – your choice.

1) fat girls are role models? HELLO, that is just sad. if a fat girl wins, it just shows people in america that you don't need to exercise and you can be fat and be gorgeous. WRONG, fat girls shouldn't even join this competition, its a disgrace to america and a bad message to young girls all over the world.

3) Whitney thinks she is representing the fat, when she was once skinny. she is just in this competition because she turned fat.

4) her pictures are so whatever, i can care less because probably two of her pictures were great, but aren't even that amazing.

5) i despise fat people, im fat and i don't really like being fat. its not a good message and it isn't healthy. i seriously can't imagine myself wanting to be fat and thinking im gorgeous as a fat person. being fat is NOT a good thing and i am seriously going to lose it soon. haha.

6) i don't think she deserves it as much as the other girls. she hasn't pulled anything amazing in turns of personality and pictures. tyra said that the only way a plus size girl can win is if she takes the most beautiful pictures and has the most good personality to overcome the other girls and the judges have no excuse to eliminate her. whitney has not done so. therefore she shouldn't win and i think its pretty much too late for her to rock it with her weak and ugly portfolio.

1) fuerza buerta
    2) homeless

Okay pictures were
    3) grunge music

Horrible Pictures were

i liked whitney during the fuerza buerta episode, but i started to grow a dislike to her for some reason.

WHITNEY for the LOSE
    But she's not fat. I don't like Whitney either, but come on, you just can't accuse her of being legitimately obese. It's been stated before - size 12 is the size of the average American woman, and Whitney is, what, a size 10 at most? I'm not saying being overweight is an automatically good thing, any more than being underweight is an automatically good thing, but the fact remains that Whitney is probably not even overweight to begin with. If I had her height and weight measurements, I'd just calculate her BMI and we'd see, but since I don't, I'm just going to assume she isn't overweight based on her appearance. She doesn't look fat to me. She looks like she's of pretty average build, or at least of average American build (since of course there are cultural differences when comes to statistical averages in height and weight).
    Katarzyna/Anya for president!

FORT Fogey

I loved when Mr Jay was telling her how fake and contrived her commercial was and she was with her bitchy pose sucking her cheeks and he called her out

I can see why Whitney is so on the offense about her weight. She is not fat. She's an attractive woman of average size.

I've gone between a 0 a 2 over the last few years. I've also been as large as a 10. Now, I'm 4-11. I WAS BMI-obese when I was a size 10. Whitney is FAR taller than I am.

I've been on both the too-small and too-large debate. People have been "you should model" when I was anorexic. They were cruel when I was overweight. I starved myself because of all the insults and the pressure to be thin.

So I guess I am a little more forgiving and understanding about how Whitney acts. I think she would be a role model for many girls who are healthy but don't have the stick-thin build.

There is room for modeling for different types. They chose to have a plus-size in the competition. So she should have an equal chance to win or lose based on her photos, not on the prejudice that only the thin should model.

I doubt if Whitney needs a belt-extender to fly on an airline. She seems to be able to do all the challenges and walks without heavy breathing.

If you don't like her personality, fine. If you don't like her pictures, fine. And I agree that she should close her mouth in some of the photos. But then again, some of the other girls have nearly similar expressions as well.

She does not represent unhealthy America. Neither does Fatima (I know she has a green card, so if that bothers you, put in Jaslene). I have seen no evidence that she does or does not exercise. I wish they would show the girls working out, but I haven't seen any evidence of any of them living a healthy lifestyle or not.

I think it is OK to show a healthy average-sized person in a modeling competition. If she doesn't get jobs, so be it.

Being severely under or over-weight BOTH have health risks. American society tends to worship one while being the other.

Unless Whitney comes out and actually says "Being fat and eating unhealthily and not exercising rocks! All skinny people are evil" I'll let her modeling stand for itself.

I like her look, but have not been overwhelmed by her pics. I think I've really liked three of them.

Actually, I haven't been overwhelmed by any of them yet. But most of the ones they have left I like. I'll let ya'll guess which one I'm less than fond of.

But hey, she's on a reality TV show and probably knew what she was getting into. She'll need to have a thick skin to be a plus-size wanting to do more than K-mart ads.

I think Whitney is single-handedly the most obnoxious "plus size" girl this show has ever featured. Between her "fierce face" she does in every photoshoot and her attitude on her weight (was anybody else sorta offended by her interview on the green carpet?)... yeah. Hopefully she'll get the axe soon.
    .Self-Proclaimed ANTM Photo Junkie.
    .....Generally Annoyed Person.....
    ...........Gallery Owner...........

1) fuerza buerta
    2) homeless

Okay pictures were
    3) grunge music

Horrible Pictures were

WHITNEY for the LOSE

Aren't You a Big Ray of Sunshine
    MY ANTM WINNERS:

1. Shannon | 2. Shandi | 3. Amanda | 4. Kahlen | 5. Nik | 6. Joanie | 7. Melrose | 8. Jaslene | 9. Jenah | 10. Anya

i like Whitney and i'll if she is on final 3 but as a plus size model i prefer Sarah c9

She is not fat at all! She is normal or possibly even smaller than the average woman. Shes not showing anyone that its okay not to excerise and be active. Shes showing to be comfortable in your body and that you dont have to be a size 0-2 to be a great model.
    J-"Do you really want to know?"
    T-"Break. it. down."
    J-"Impala SS. Cuz I be goin' kind of fast when I want to, weavin' like a hair do. Two tone: red on the bottom white on top. Rims, tint, System, bumpin', fly, FLYYYY!!"

Quote Originally Posted by dominante;2954503;
    with her commercial i dont think its fake, over the top yes., pagentry., yes., but fake., hell no., she's like that off cam right??

well i really like how she's been very talkative the entire cycle (well the way they edited it)
    i think the way she speaks is very eloquent with a lot of sense, i can't see her as a succesful model though maybe she can be a tv host or an actress.,.i'd love to see her have a show.,

my message to all plus size model:

pls. stop saying that your a plus size and you wanna show the world that being a fattie is healthy.,, i dont think you can measure healthiness thru physical appearance..just cause a person is thin doesnt mean she's anorexic, i f you wanna show that being a plus size is sexy and beautiful (w/c i think 80% of the world believes) i dont think that modelling world is the right place to make a statement.,.,
    i mean stick figure models have been there since twiggy.,you cannot change that duhh
    & just like being plus size doesnt mean your fat also.
    Tyra: Lets hear it for the 6 baddest chick in this competition. Now it's time to get on that private plane.. but guess what? you guys aren't top models yet. My judges are already stars, and they travel FIRST CLASS, PRIVATE. See you later, have fun on your commercial flight. (Tyra & Judges leave for the plane) See you (long pause) in Rome ladies (Final 6 models cheer) Chao Bella.