Thread: Whitney - Cycle 10

Re: Whitney - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by PaleHeart;2953778;
    If the Elite in Miami does have a plus-size division, it would be perfect for Whitney since she lives in Flordia.
    She's from Jacksonville, FL, which is really far north in Florida, which means she's just as close to Atlanta as she is to Miami. And since Atlanta apparently has a plus size division, that would be perfect.
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

Quote Originally Posted by PaleHeart;2953270;
    I prefer women with more fat in them then just a stick for a body like Fatima. I take on Whitney's plus-size figure because i want little girls to see that it is ok to be plus-size (or i should be saying, a heathy/ideal body) then to go into farther length into damaging their body to be nothing but skin and bones.

When people say Whitney is a bitch or a lard, yeah, i wouldnt be upset because i know she is one. But the fact that she is a bitch is a sign that she is not losing her personality or the passion for the competition. She is strong and isnt afraid to keep telling everybody that she is a plus-size. She may be annoying but at least she is implanting messages into peoples head that she have a butt and boobs and theres nothing wrong with it too.
    Healthy is relative; what's healthy differs from person to person. I'm sure Whitney's BMI isn't too much above what constitutes "normal weight", and I'm sure that, theoretically speaking, her BMI is closer to that which is deemed healthy than, say, Fatima's, but that does not automatically entail that the other, slimmer girls are unhealthy. That assumption irritates me.

Also, her body is clearly not ideal. If it was, plus-size models would be the norm and nobody would ever contract anorexia. I'm not saying it's a good thing, necessarily, but it's absolutely the truth: most people aspire to be very skinny rather than a little bigger than average, and thus skinny is the ideal body shape.

Frankly, Whitney would have all my respect if she would come out with something like, "Yes, I am plus-size - I am bigger than my co-competitors, but it does not make me a worse model. Similarly, the fact that they are smaller than I am does not make them worse models." but she would never say anything like that, and as such, there's no chance of me respecting her.

(Really. If one of the other girls happened to be sitting around trash-talking Whitney and saying she's unhealthy or a bad model because of her weight, I would be equally appalled. It's just that none of the other contestants has actually said anything like that. Whitney, I see your insecurities and raise you a persecution complex.)
    Last edited by tove0wnzj00; 04-28-2008 at 01:24 PM. Reason: messed up html :P
    Katarzyna/Anya for president!

with her commercial i dont think its fake, over the top yes., pagentry., yes., but fake., hell no., she's like that off cam right??

well i really like how she's been very talkative the entire cycle (well the way they edited it)
    i think the way she speaks is very eloquent with a lot of sense, i can't see her as a succesful model though maybe she can be a tv host or an actress.,.i'd love to see her have a show.,

my message to all plus size model:

pls. stop saying that your a plus size and you wanna show the world that being a fattie is healthy.,, i dont think you can measure healthiness thru physical appearance..just cause a person is thin doesnt mean she's anorexic, i f you wanna show that being a plus size is sexy and beautiful (w/c i think 80% of the world believes) i dont think that modelling world is the right place to make a statement.,.,
    i mean stick figure models have been there since twiggy.,you cannot change that duhh
    I HAVE A VEEZION, I WANT YOU TO GRAB THESE LEAVES AND THROW IT TO THE AIR--ANYA=)

Quote Originally Posted by dominante;2954503;
    with her commercial i dont think its fake, over the top yes., pagentry., yes., but fake., hell no., she's like that off cam right??

well i really like how she's been very talkative the entire cycle (well the way they edited it)
    i think the way she speaks is very eloquent with a lot of sense, i can't see her as a succesful model though maybe she can be a tv host or an actress.,.i'd love to see her have a show.,

my message to all plus size model:

pls. stop saying that your a plus size and you wanna show the world that being a fattie is healthy.,, i dont think you can measure healthiness thru physical appearance..just cause a person is thin doesnt mean she's anorexic, i f you wanna show that being a plus size is sexy and beautiful (w/c i think 80% of the world believes) i dont think that modelling world is the right place to make a statement.,.,
    i mean stick figure models have been there since twiggy.,you cannot change that duhh
    "Fattie"? I think I said this above, so forgive me for repeating myself, but her BMI is probably pretty normal for her height. For sure it's more closer to normal values than the BMI of any of her co-contestants. I really don't think skinny = unhealthy, but it's not like that makes Whitney automatically unhealthy, either. The two aren't mutually exclusive, you know. Anyway, unhealthy or not, she's not fat, normatively speaking. Maybe you could claim she's fat on the grounds of statistical desirability, but it's a pretty invalid argument, because it's not unbiased and it's not scientific.

I don't know, it seems pretty mean to call her fat. You seem to recognize that calling skinny people anorectic doesn't necessarily hold water, so let's apply the same logic to all contestants, shall we?

I suppose I must be in a disagreeing mood today, because I also don't agree that Whitney is eloquent. Talkative - yes; bitchily entertaining - to some people, for sure; eloquent - about as much as Tyra Banks. Which, in my opinion ...

... yeah!

EDIT: I totally agree with you re: Whit-Whit's commercial not being fake since her personality is always like that, though. Well said! I don't think that makes the commercial, or her personality, any better, but fake it is not (necessarily).
    Katarzyna/Anya for president!

I won't even bother to acknowledge the fat comment.
    I would discribe her personality as what comes off as snotty and not nice, but I think she's just trying to be funny, but it comes off as mean, I used to have the same problem, the whole thing with Anya, seems to be mostly an edit issue, I have seen pics of the two together, and they look like they are having so much fun. Whitney vacationed with Anya after taping rapped. Anya, I don't think takes it personally, other wise she wouldn't have met up with Whitney in Hawaii. She has a personality, I think it's your fault if you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by tove0wnzj00;2954266;
    Healthy is relative; what's healthy differs from person to person. I'm sure Whitney's BMI isn't too much above what constitutes "normal weight", and I'm sure that, theoretically speaking, her BMI is closer to that which is deemed healthy than, say, Fatima's, but that does not automatically entail that the other, slimmer girls are unhealthy. That assumption irritates me.

Also, her body is clearly not ideal. If it was, plus-size models would be the norm and nobody would ever contract anorexia. I'm not saying it's a good thing, necessarily, but it's absolutely the truth: most people aspire to be very skinny rather than a little bigger than average, and thus skinny is the ideal body shape.

Frankly, Whitney would have all my respect if she would come out with something like, "Yes, I am plus-size - I am bigger than my co-competitors, but it does not make me a worse model. Similarly, the fact that they are smaller than I am does not make them worse models." but she would never say anything like that, and as such, there's no chance of me respecting her.

(Really. If one of the other girls happened to be sitting around trash-talking Whitney and saying she's unhealthy or a bad model because of her weight, I would be equally appalled. It's just that none of the other contestants has actually said anything like that. Whitney, I see your insecurities and raise you a persecution complex.)
    I agree with you. Look at all the health magazines. None of the models are stick-thin BUT none of them are thick too. They're muscular and almost skinny (but not stick-thin). That's what I wanna say too.

And please.. some people eat but just can't get fatter.

If fat people proud of themselves, people think they're confident and a good example but when skinny people proud of themselves, people will see them as promoting eating disorder..
    Miss Jay: "But that's why it's called COVERGIRL cause it covers up the man in you.."

FORT Fanatic

I'm not pro-fat at all. I just love Whitney because she has a great face and can take god pictures. In all honesty, I'd rather she wasn't plus size. Then I think she'd have something beyond fierce. She'd be one of the real classic faces of ANTM. A la Yoanna, Mollie, etc. In some of her pre show photos before she gained weight, she looked like a real 90's supermodel. It's not a Gemma or a Sasha look, but it floats my boat. I still think she's cute fat though.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTopmodel;2954761;
    I'm not pro-fat at all. I just love Whitney because she has a great face and can take god pictures. In all honesty, I'd rather she wasn't plus size. Then I think she'd have something beyond fierce. She'd be one of the real classic faces of ANTM. A la Yoanna, Mollie, etc. In some of her pre show photos before she gained weight, she looked like a real 90's supermodel. It's not a Gemma or a Sasha look, but it floats my boat. I still think she's cute fat though.
    No matter who is entertaining or funny or happy, the real question is this: Would you rather have an inspirational face like Anya or Whitney OR have a crusty face like Dominique; I dont know about anyone else but I like young unique faces.
    Last edited by femme fatale; 04-29-2008 at 03:51 AM.

i don't want whitney to win

1) fat girls are role models? HELLO, that is just sad. if a fat girl wins, it just shows people in america that you don't need to exercise and you can be fat and be gorgeous. WRONG, fat girls shouldn't even join this competition, its a disgrace to america and a bad message to young girls all over the world.

2) Whitney has a fake personality and she needs to close her mouth

3) Whitney thinks she is representing the fat, when she was once skinny. she is just in this competition because she turned fat.

4) her pictures are so whatever, i can care less because probably two of her pictures were great, but aren't even that amazing.

5) i despise fat people, im fat and i don't really like being fat. its not a good message and it isn't healthy. i seriously can't imagine myself wanting to be fat and thinking im gorgeous as a fat person. being fat is NOT a good thing and i am seriously going to lose it soon. haha.

6) i don't think she deserves it as much as the other girls. she hasn't pulled anything amazing in turns of personality and pictures. tyra said that the only way a plus size girl can win is if she takes the most beautiful pictures and has the most good personality to overcome the other girls and the judges have no excuse to eliminate her. whitney has not done so. therefore she shouldn't win and i think its pretty much too late for her to rock it with her weak and ugly portfolio.

Only two pictures were great
    1) fuerza buerta
    2) homeless

Okay pictures were
    3) grunge music

Horrible Pictures were
    4) lingerie- holy, she looks like a fat pig.
    5) paint- close your mouth and your face isn't attractive
    6) air plane- its just so bland and not fashion at all.

i liked whitney during the fuerza buerta episode, but i started to grow a dislike to her for some reason.

WHITNEY for the LOSE

so much whitney hate i guess i can relate on this one since im a fatty myself but still, i dont think whitney being on the show means you dont have to exercise and be a fat cow. it means that even people who are "overweight" or what not are still beautiful and can do whatever a thinner girl can do.
    katanya shippers unite