Page 208 of 214 FirstFirst ... 108158198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2137

Thread: Fatima - Cycle 10

  1. #2071
    Fatima & Jenah & Bre Ohmygosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,733

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Well to me those comments werent offensive, they are her opinions, she is blunt and honest. She doesn't contradict herself. And she doesn't try to hide or lie about things. But we just have different ways of viewing things.
    Fatima: I feel like thatís the most important thing that anyone can take away from you Ė your choice.

  2. #2072
    FORT Fanatic Leah4532's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    632

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    She has become one of my favorite contestants of Antm. I really do think she has what it takes to be huge.

  3. #2073
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,087

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Dax;3002803;
    Well, she's very out spoken. She said that when Katarzyna, Lauren and Claire left she knew the show was a joke.

    "When [Claire Unabia] and [Lauren Utter] and [Katarzyna Dolinska] got kicked off, I was just like this whole thing is a joke," Siad told reporters during a Thursday conference call. "They look like models. If this supposed to be a modeling competition, one of them should have won or [Anya Kop] should have won. But it goes to show you that it might be about politics."

    Fatima, I feel you. I felt the same way.

    While I understand her feelings and respect her opinion, I do find this slightly ironic. It could be considered a "joke" that she was allowed to continue in the contest in spite of not having her papers and therefore missing a photoshoot because she had to go get them. I understand Shannon did continue, but that case two refused to do the photoshoot and because it was the final four chose to choose between her and Robyn who to continue based on their portfolios. Others who missed/refused the photoshoot were eliminated - though I have always debated who'd been eliminated in cycle 2 had Jenascia missed the shoot entirely.

    IMHO, it was unfair that Stacey Ann was eliminated - even if her photo was poor, over Fatima in that situation, because she didn't make the shoot at all. And, it might also be considered politics that she stayed because Tyra and the panel judged the entire portfolio. One could play conspiracy theory that other contestants might not have had the same thing - though I've also accepted this is a game, not a real modeling competition.

    Mind you, I feel that Fatima did at least prove that she deserved to be there after being given that grace, but I do feel this is more sour grapes that she didn't win. Her Roman Castle Coture was very good, and I liked most of her shoots.

    I think she looks even prettier now: she looks healthier and I bet will do well in this industry if she so chooses to continue in it.

  4. #2074
    Fatima & Jenah & Bre Ohmygosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,733

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    She has become one of my favorite contestants of Antm. I really do think she has what it takes to be huge.
    I agree. I can't wait until she is signed so we can see some test shots. In her interview she said, she is finishing up her last week of college this week, so maybe she is done now. And that she'll start to look for agencies in NY.
    Fatima: I feel like thatís the most important thing that anyone can take away from you Ė your choice.

  5. #2075
    Fatima & Jenah & Bre Ohmygosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,733

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3003115;
    While I understand her feelings and respect her opinion, I do find this slightly ironic. It could be considered a "joke" that she was allowed to continue in the contest in spite of not having her papers and therefore missing a photoshoot because she had to go get them. I understand Shannon did continue, but that case two refused to do the photoshoot and because it was the final four chose to choose between her and Robyn who to continue based on their portfolios. Others who missed/refused the photoshoot were eliminated - though I have always debated who'd been eliminated in cycle 2 had Jenascia missed the shoot entirely.

    IMHO, it was unfair that Stacey Ann was eliminated - even if her photo was poor, over Fatima in that situation, because she didn't make the shoot at all. And, it might also be considered politics that she stayed because Tyra and the panel judged the entire portfolio. One could play conspiracy theory that other contestants might not have had the same thing - though I've also accepted this is a game, not a real modeling competition.
    Mind you, I feel that Fatima did at least prove that she deserved to be there after being given that grace, but I do feel this is more sour grapes that she didn't win. Her Roman Castle Coture was very good, and I liked most of her shoots.

    I think she looks even prettier now: she looks healthier and I bet will do well in this industry if she so chooses to continue in it.
    this is what she had to say about the paper situation
    RNO: What are your thoughts on the situation with you and Stacy Ann? Do you think it was fair you got to stay over the girls that were actually at the photo shoot that week?
    Fatima: Honestly, it did cross my mind to step down at that point. Stacy Ann did what she needed to do Ė she was at the photo shoot, she had her papers in order, etc. However, what people donít realize is that immigration takes forever and the process to get my papers was so long. I had applied months in advance for my papers before the show even started, so it wasnít like this was something I started the week before. Iím thankful to the show for actually helping me get my papers because I still donít think I would have them had I not been helped. As for the thing with Stacy Ann, though, I wanted to be there. I felt bad about Stacy Ann going home, but it could have been anyone. I thought about stepping down, but I didnít want it to seem like I went through all that trouble to get my documents, and then I quit. Itís not me to quit, and I wanted to win.

    And she knew she wasn't going to win.
    RNO: In the final three, in panel, did you have any idea you might be on the chopping block?
    Fatima: I kinda figured that it was going to be me going. When I saw that Saleisha was the winner the season prior to mine, I knew that there was no way I would win. They werenít going to make a black girl win two seasons in a row Ė and Dominique and I both knew when we got to the house in Rome and saw her photos everywhere that we were done for. Itís about politics, so what can you do?
    Fatima: I feel like thatís the most important thing that anyone can take away from you Ė your choice.

  6. #2076
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmygosh;3003106;
    Well to me those comments werent offensive, they are her opinions, she is blunt and honest. She doesn't contradict herself. And she doesn't try to hide or lie about things. But we just have different ways of viewing things.
    That's exactly what I can't stand about her. I normally (in real life) keep my opinions to myself while I'm rolling my eyes secretly. But Fatima just says all these ignorant things to people and she acts so innocent about it. I normally don't agree with Tyra, but when she said, "if you're a bitch, hide it!" I had to agree.

    I just dislike how she says things to purposely provoke people. Whether or not she's honest about why she was so dramatic, I don't like what she did and I'll never agree with it.

  7. #2077
    Anya - Fatima Sundae Morning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,764

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    The only thing I'm curious is that she didn't mention Aimee as model-looking. She mentioned Claire but not Lauren.
    Homeless: Kimberly Lingerie: Katarzyna
    Meat: Claire Paint: Dominique
    Music: Anya Fuerzabruta: Fatima Jetsetter: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Rennaisance: Dominique Paparazzi: Anya Covergirl: Whitney

  8. #2078
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,683

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmygosh;3003137;
    RNO: In the final three, in panel, did you have any idea you might be on the chopping block?
    Fatima: I kinda figured that it was going to be me going. When I saw that Saleisha was the winner the season prior to mine, I knew that there was no way I would win. They weren’t going to make a black girl win two seasons in a row – and Dominique and I both knew when we got to the house in Rome and saw her photos everywhere that we were done for. It’s about politics, so what can you do?
    I go back and forth on her. I thought she was classy in her exit speech and when they asked her about Whitney's win. This is not so classy.

    Well, I wish her luck. She took very nice pictures.

  9. #2079
    Anya - Fatima Sundae Morning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,764

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Fatima is like a poster of FORT because she knows what's people thinking esp about the race pattern of Tyra's winners.
    Homeless: Kimberly Lingerie: Katarzyna
    Meat: Claire Paint: Dominique
    Music: Anya Fuerzabruta: Fatima Jetsetter: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Rennaisance: Dominique Paparazzi: Anya Covergirl: Whitney

  10. #2080
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,087

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmygosh;3003137;
    this is what she had to say about the paper situation
    RNO: What are your thoughts on the situation with you and Stacy Ann? Do you think it was fair you got to stay over the girls that were actually at the photo shoot that week?
    Fatima: Honestly, it did cross my mind to step down at that point. Stacy Ann did what she needed to do Ė she was at the photo shoot, she had her papers in order, etc. However, what people donít realize is that immigration takes forever and the process to get my papers was so long. I had applied months in advance for my papers before the show even started, so it wasnít like this was something I started the week before. Iím thankful to the show for actually helping me get my papers because I still donít think I would have them had I not been helped. As for the thing with Stacy Ann, though, I wanted to be there. I felt bad about Stacy Ann going home, but it could have been anyone. I thought about stepping down, but I didnít want it to seem like I went through all that trouble to get my documents, and then I quit. Itís not me to quit, and I wanted to win.

    And she knew she wasn't going to win.
    RNO: In the final three, in panel, did you have any idea you might be on the chopping block?
    Fatima: I kinda figured that it was going to be me going. When I saw that Saleisha was the winner the season prior to mine, I knew that there was no way I would win. They werenít going to make a black girl win two seasons in a row Ė and Dominique and I both knew when we got to the house in Rome and saw her photos everywhere that we were done for. Itís about politics, so what can you do?
    Thanks for giving the full context of the interview Ohmygosh, but I still feel it was politics that helped her out. If I was production and saw someone who was beautiful but wasn't at least naturalized citizen and had the proper travel documents then, I'd be hesitant to allow her to continue in the audition process. She was allowed to however. Therefore, IMHO it can be considered politics that benefited her in the fact that show did help her get her papers to continue.

    As far as the other - I still chalk it up to the fact it's a reality (game) show and not a (largely) realistic look into modeling. That's my bug with all reality game show contestants - it's a game, people are playing for a prize and is rarely true to life.

    And to be fair, if Tyra does base her winners on a pattern, I do consider Fatima rooked out of a chance to win because she's IMHO miles better than Saleisha.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.