Page 17 of 214 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatima - Cycle 10

I miss cycles 1-6! :( youllseemeontv's Avatar

Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by Rihanna99;2766173;
    genitally mutilated or whatever is nothing.

A lot of my country people do that.They only do that once at a life time.......

all of my brothers and sisters do it.

we do it when we are a baby so we don't feel anything.lol

I don't know about my sisters.but my all of my brother has done that(circumcision).They just cut a little bit of skin.

and some People do it when they are like 8 or 10 above.

so what im trying to say is,the genitally mutilated is nothing.lol.

Male circumcision is very common, they mostly do it when they are babies, but IT STILL HURTS. But thats why they do it when theyre babies.

And female circumcision IS NOT COMMON. Which is why most of the time when its done, it is illegal and they do not use any drugs to ease pain.

As far as your mom goes, are you sure thats what she had done? Because Ive heard of other women who have been circumsized and they say that its one of the worst things that ever happened to them..
    HOMELESS- Aimee/Marvita | WATER- Anya/Dominique
    LINGERIE- Marvita | TRAVEL- Dominique
    MEAT- Whitney | RENAISSANCE- Dominique/Fatima
    PAINT- Anya/Claire | PAPARAZZI- Anya
    MUSIC- Whitney/Fatima | COVERGIRL- Whitney

Although Fatima will be severely exploited for at least maybe 2-3 episodes. Her potential and story could take her far, judging by the last two cycles, maybe 5th place.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 01-25-2008 at 10:37 AM.
    omg, stunning~*~.

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by guii;2766233;
    Not trying to be mean or anything like that...

But I'm pissed of with this cycle. Tyra is making ANTM a Charity show, putting ghetto girls like her and Marvita there. I definately won't want to live with them.
    I'm ok with it as long as the models are great. If they can model the story shouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax;2766720;
    I'm ok with it as long as the models are great. If they can model the story shouldn't matter.
    And vice versa; if they can't model, the story shouldn't matter either. However we are human, so is Tyra (even if there are doubts ) so feeling sympathy towards someone is inevitable. But in the end if it is a modelling competition (again, there are doubts) than nothing should matter besides modelling ability, with everything that goes into it.

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2766763;
    And vice versa; if they can't model, the story shouldn't matter either. However we are human, so is Tyra (even if there are doubts ) so feeling sympathy towards someone is inevitable. But in the end if it is a modelling competition (again, there are doubts) than nothing should matter besides modelling ability, with everything that goes into it.
    I do feel Tyra does that a lot. Remember in Cycle 5, Lisa. She told Tyra her life and Tyra said she was in love with her and then they presented her photos and Mr. Jay said she photographed old and really bad still she made it in the house.

I feel Tyra put her in the show because of her story and even that she took great pictures I doubt she proved she had the right talent to photograph in the auditions.

I don't know about my sisters.but my all of my brother has done that(circumcision).They just cut a little bit of skin.

Well of course it's okay for males. Prety much everyboy has had circumsicion, as a baby, but the point is that it was done illegally to her when she was 13, fully capable of feeling pain like everyone else. Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard that the practice done in Somalia is particularly painful, which in some cases, invollved the binding of legs for up to two weeks. And Fatima is from Somalia, right???

Besides her sob story, Fatima is so incredibly beautiful! She does such amazing things with her eyes! In her indivual shot, she is making them look mysterious and in her group shot sher looks bubbly and commercial, in a bit of a sexy kind of way. She knows how to smile with her eyes.

FORT Fogey

Fatima and Marvita are so very fierce. I can't imagine why anyone would call them ghetto in a derogatory way!

The way her right leg is posed is very high fashion.
    "Even though I didn't win, I still feel like I am on top of the world." -Dominique

I miss cycles 1-6! :( youllseemeontv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;2767009;
    Fatima and Marvita are so very fierce. I can't imagine why anyone would call them ghetto in a derogatory way!

Neither of them come off as ghetto to me.

Actually, none of the girls this cycle seem ghetto to me..
    Last edited by Marleybone; 01-25-2008 at 10:39 AM.
    HOMELESS- Aimee/Marvita | WATER- Anya/Dominique
    LINGERIE- Marvita | TRAVEL- Dominique
    MEAT- Whitney | RENAISSANCE- Dominique/Fatima
    PAINT- Anya/Claire | PAPARAZZI- Anya
    MUSIC- Whitney/Fatima | COVERGIRL- Whitney

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Rihanna99;2766173;

Being genitally mutilated is a huge thing if you're not a baby when you do it. A lot of males are circumcised as a child but not so much for females.

Somalia is notable for Type I and Type III mutilation. Type I isn't as bad because it's pretty much the female equivalent of male circumcision, thus not being worthy of being told. Type III mutilation is a huge thing though. It's the type of thing that would be told on television. Type III has such a being controversy and this is what I think Fatima most likely has.

Also, the reason the word "mutilation" is used is so that is clearly distinguishes itself from male circumcision. It really can't be compared to male circumcision.

Female genital mutilation in Somalia is a very painful excercise. Along with her two sisters being murdered in Somalia, what else do you think prompted her to flee Somalia? *coughgenitalmutilationcough*