Thread: Fatima - Cycle 10

  1. #1111
    in my heart ! nicfreakz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    City Of Hell
    Posts
    672

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by superDIVA;2902826;
    not as uneducated as Lauren
    how uneducated ??
    Lauren FanARTic - "I reallllyyy miss Lauren "


    "..distilled into one 95-pound, doe-eyed, bon mot tossing, label-whoring package of girlie evil"

  2. #1112
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Killadelphia
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    ???

    Seriously. It seems like any time someone says something bad about Fatima, the response is to say something worse about Lauren--and vice versa! Whenever someone badmouths Lauren, the response is to assault Fatima. Really, what's that supposed to prove?

    As far as Fatima goes, she has to have some intelligence--she went to Bryn Mawr and NYU, which aren't easy schools to get into, especially not Bryn Mawr.

    Nevertheless, I just can't feel love for her anymore. I really liked her pre show, and I think her pictures are alright, but I do agree that she seems to be traveling far on being beautiful and getting lucky. She got good feedback from the last shoot, and if she continues to get feedback that most of her film was good, then I'll stand corrected--but as of now, she really seems to have no clue what she's doing.

    Also, I don't find her to be very attractive when she's not in pictures. It seems like in person, she just looks... I don't know. Off somehow.

  3. #1113
    Kat, Anya, Lauren calvinrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    520

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama;2903106;
    ???

    As far as Fatima goes, she has to have some intelligence--she went to Bryn Mawr and NYU, which aren't easy schools to get into, especially not Bryn Mawr.

    Nevertheless, I just can't feel love for her anymore. I really liked her pre show, and I think her pictures are alright, but I do agree that she seems to be traveling far on being beautiful and getting lucky. She got good feedback from the last shoot, and if she continues to get feedback that most of her film was good, then I'll stand corrected--but as of now, she really seems to have no clue what she's doing.

    Also, I don't find her to be very attractive when she's not in pictures. It seems like in person, she just looks... I don't know. Off somehow.
    Ok I'm about to say some stuff that will probably make people angry, so get prepared.

    What really good colleges look for is a hook. They have a million applicants with 4.5 GPA's and 2300's on the SAT's. They want that special thing that makes a candidate stick out, makes their application pop. Coming from Africa and having worked in some anti-circumcision advocacy programs, not to mention being an international student, are examples of those. Fatima didn't have to have done that well in school to get into those schools. A 3.6 with those things could have gotten her in.

    I disagree though. I think in person she is beautiful. However in person and as a model, completely clueless.
    Let's not forget ourselves good friend
    I am flawed if I'm not free

  4. #1114
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    632

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama;2903106;
    ???

    Seriously. It seems like any time someone says something bad about Fatima, the response is to say something worse about Lauren--and vice versa! Whenever someone badmouths Lauren, the response is to assault Fatima. Really, what's that supposed to prove?

    As far as Fatima goes, she has to have some intelligence--she went to Bryn Mawr and NYU, which aren't easy schools to get into, especially not Bryn Mawr.

    Nevertheless, I just can't feel love for her anymore. I really liked her pre show, and I think her pictures are alright, but I do agree that she seems to be traveling far on being beautiful and getting lucky. She got good feedback from the last shoot, and if she continues to get feedback that most of her film was good, then I'll stand corrected--but as of now, she really seems to have no clue what she's doing.

    Also, I don't find her to be very attractive when she's not in pictures. It seems like in person, she just looks... I don't know. Off somehow.
    Once again Guru you show us the light. I nearly always agree with exactly what your saying but you put it better without provoking argument!

  5. #1115
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,480

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by calvinrm;2903137;
    What really good colleges look for is a hook. They have a million applicants with 4.5 GPA's and 2300's on the SAT's. They want that special thing that makes a candidate stick out, makes their application pop. Coming from Africa and having worked in some anti-circumcision advocacy programs, not to mention being an international student, are examples of those. Fatima didn't have to have done that well in school to get into those schools. A 3.6 with those things could have gotten her in.

    .
    finally someone who understands the whol;e thing about these top school. so many things factor in their decision. it's not always the brighest that get in

  6. #1116
    FORT Fogey BustaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,513

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by calvinrm;2903137;
    Ok I'm about to say some stuff that will probably make people angry, so get prepared.

    What really good colleges look for is a hook. They have a million applicants with 4.5 GPA's and 2300's on the SAT's. They want that special thing that makes a candidate stick out, makes their application pop. Coming from Africa and having worked in some anti-circumcision advocacy programs, not to mention being an international student, are examples of those. Fatima didn't have to have done that well in school to get into those schools. A 3.6 with those things could have gotten her in.

    I disagree though. I think in person she is beautiful. However in person and as a model, completely clueless.
    I think that’s a bit of an exaggeration. Obviously colleges look at other factors besides GPA, but if the avg. GPA is 4.5, they won’t take someone with a 3.6 just because they’re international or were part of an international program. Maybe if their parents donate a wing, they’ll take ‘em… I doubt Fatima donated a wing, maybe she donated pit hair though.

    Fatima seems to handle herself well in confrontations and in the confrontations she’s had (against Lauren and that other “bitch” girl) she’s come off pretty well. That may or may not be indicative of how smart she is. Lauren came off badly but that just means she has a temper not that she’s dumb.

    Does anyone know which NYU school she went to? Some NYU schools are VERY HARD to get into (like the business or the arts school) but other NYU schools are relatively easy to get into.

    As far as Fatima and modeling… Pre-show, to me, she was the most modelesque. I think in person her look is somewhat unusual and captivating. However, she doesn’t know how to model and she’s lucked into her good shots. I think she may go the route of Ann/Eugena, two other girls who had all this potential but didn’t know how to use it while on the show.

  7. #1117
    Kat, Anya, Lauren calvinrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    520

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by BustaK;2903208;
    I think that’s a bit of an exaggeration. Obviously colleges look at other factors besides GPA, but if the avg. GPA is 4.5, they won’t take someone with a 3.6 just because they’re international or were part of an international program. Maybe if their parents donate a wing, they’ll take ‘em… I doubt Fatima donated a wing, maybe she donated pit hair though.
    .
    It's actually not. Granted neither NYU nor Bryn Mawr's average GPA is even near a 4.5. A 3.6 is not considered unachievable for either school with an adequate hook. What I'm trying to say is that with these schools, intelligence (which isn't always even reflected in GPA as much as hard work) isn't the sole or even that important of a factor. A sea of kids have killer GPA's and SAT's, and few to none have the hooks Fatima had as an underpriveleged African who had probably been an advocate against female genital mutilation. She probably could have gotten into any ivy league with that hook, NYU and Bryn Mawr aren't that strong of showings.
    Let's not forget ourselves good friend
    I am flawed if I'm not free

  8. #1118
    FORT Newbie Laguna044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    28

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Who cares if shes smart or dumb. Lets talk about modeling.

  9. #1119
    FORT Fogey BustaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,513

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by calvinrm;2903330;
    It's actually not. Granted neither NYU nor Bryn Mawr's average GPA is even near a 4.5. A 3.6 is not considered unachievable for either school with an adequate hook. What I'm trying to say is that with these schools, intelligence (which isn't always even reflected in GPA as much as hard work) isn't the sole or even that important of a factor. A sea of kids have killer GPA's and SAT's, and few to none have the hooks Fatima had as an underpriveleged African who had probably been an advocate against female genital mutilation. She probably could have gotten into any ivy league with that hook, NYU and Bryn Mawr aren't that strong of showings.
    Well, there's a reason other things besides GPA are factored in. Having a high GPA doesn't mean you're smart. I mean, I had a very high GPA and it wasn't because I spent all my time studying, educating myself or because I was a hard worker. If you know how to play the system, it's not very difficult to get a high GPA.

    And you have to remember, nowadays, EVERYONE uses a "hook" when applying to colleges. And those that don't have "hooks" make them up or exaggerate them.

  10. #1120
    Kat, Anya, Lauren calvinrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    520

    Re: Fatima - Cycle 10

    Quote Originally Posted by BustaK;2903373;
    Well, there's a reason other things besides GPA are factored in. Having a high GPA doesn't mean you're smart. I mean, I had a very high GPA and it wasn't because I spent all my time studying, educating myself or because I was a hard worker. If you know how to play the system, it's not very difficult to get a high GPA.

    And you have to remember, nowadays, EVERYONE uses a "hook" when applying to colleges. And those that don't have "hooks" make them up or exaggerate them.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. I was saying it's stupid to call Fatima smart just because she got into these schools for two reasons. The first is that, like you said, GPA is not a true measure of intelligence. The second is that her hook is so different. A hook can be fabricated, but one as strong as Fatima's is undeniably unique. Plus, you can't fabricate being an international student, which is quite a hook in your own. No matter how strong many exaggerated hooks are, most still won't hold a candle to Fatima's.
    Let's not forget ourselves good friend
    I am flawed if I'm not free

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.