Page 50 of 138 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominique - Cycle 10

FORT Fan

Re: Dominique - Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmygosh;2841583;
    I doubt she is a racist.
    and one bad comment on another race does not make them a racist.
    It does in my book. This is not directed at you but a general statement.- If you weren't racist the thought would have never even entered your mind.

FORT Fan

I don't get why people don't want to talk about it. I've seen that at other sites too. It's like people just want to pretend it didn't happen....like if we don't talk about it it's like it didn't happen or not as bad. Isn't pretending nothing bad happened just as bad as making a racist statement? Once she said Whitney was white trash she has no right to complain if Whitney were to say something negative about her skin color...period. If Whitney's smart she will just try and stay away from her. In my book saying someone is white trash is as bad as calling someone any other really bad racial slur.

This cycle has had three consecutive racial episodes! That's crazy. First with Allison then Dominique then next week something happens with Whitney...WTH? It's never been like that on any of the other cycles.

Cuz I got it like that d.u.m.b.o.'s Avatar

I'm starting to really like Dominique. Her hair is good now with that lighter color than her dark soccer mom do. And I thought her meatpacking photo was a good 7/10. My only issue is her skin...its beyond repair. It really is so bad lol. In confessional she's saying 'I'm a diva!' but ooooh you look like a 40-year old woman that owns a tanning salon.

But I like her in general. But when its her time to go, I think she's gonna get the boot for her skin

Btw, what's this deal with her being a racist? Someone fill me in

FORT Fan

She said Whitney looked like white trash.

I was starting to like her this episode till she said that. I didn't like her picture this week. Her thighs looked garganchuan and was it just me or did she look crosseyed? For real! I was like why aren't they saying anything(at panel).

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by hotsauce;2842977;
    I don't get why people don't want to talk about it. I've seen that at other sites too. It's like people just want to pretend it didn't happen....like if we don't talk about it it's like it didn't happen or not as bad. Isn't pretending nothing bad happened just as bad as making a racist statement? Once she said Whitney was white trash she has no right to complain if Whitney were to say something negative about her skin color...period. If Whitney's smart she will just try and stay away from her. In my book saying someone is white trash is as bad as calling someone any other really bad racial slur.

This cycle has had three consecutive racial episodes! That's crazy. First with Allison then Dominique then next week something happens with Whitney...WTH? It's never been like that on any of the other cycles.
    I'm not trying to be argumentative but so far it does only really seem to be you that has a problem with all of this. ( I have noticed you try to bring up the issue in a couple of threads) There are a couple of reasons as to why I dont want to talk about it:

Firstly its a very senstive issue. Unfortunately I am not very good at being sensitive and what seems fine to me could be insulting to someone else and I dont want to offend anyone. Its very easy to get your words twisted and for people to misconceive what you've written on the internet. And I wouldnt want to be attacked unnecessarily.

Secondly, the comments that have been made on ANTM that people are referring to as racism, personally, I haven't found to be that offensive. Obviously neither have the producers because they chose to broadcast both instances. It could be the case that many of other viewers dont see anything thats been said so far as malicious? I dont know. I'm white, and whether it be right or wrong I'm not that bothered that Dominique said white trash, but again that could just be me.

Thirdly I dont think we have been shown enough footage to judge whether or not someone is racist. For a contestant to be labelled racist could harm their career permanently. I dont wish to be part of that if it isn't true.

Also, I think it would be devastating to a contestant to be labelled as racist based on hardly any information. For example, based on the 3 seconds of footage we saw from Whitney in next episode, you already suggested that she is a racist even though she was clearly trying to defend herself and saying that she wasn't. Whitney is one of my favourite contesetants, hence I dont want to see her character denegrated unnecessarily and so choose not to jump on the bandwagon when we have no facts.

These are just my views and I'm not talking for anyone else when I say these things. I hope Ive explained myself ok and havent offended anyone.

Just out of interest why do you wish to keep bringing the subject back up?

Also one of the site rules is basically to avoid talking about racism. (I think, dont quote me on that).

FORT Fan

Wow, that was really nice of you to reply with so much detail. I appreciated hearing your views on the subject.

A couple of things to address-

I think the produces probably knew that it was shocking and that's why they included it in the show. I think they probably saw it was going to be viewed as racist by some and not by others and thought it might ignite conversation on the subject. They know whats controversial.

I just get really irritated when I feel people try to shush me when I feel it's an important topic. I just want to know other people's opinion on the subject that's all. I'm not looking to get in an argument with anyone. I can see why you wouldn't want to talk about it. You expressed yourself very clearly.

I'm not saying you are like this but some people don't like to talk about it because the "topic" makes them uncomfortable. I feel like if you are going to pretend it didn't happen or act like it wasn't that big of a deal than it's almost just as bad as coming out and saying a racial slur.

I am REALLY starting to like Whitney....A LOT! The only thing is that When Allison made that comment it looked like Whitney was laughing.....THAT really bothers me. I know there's editing and what not but still..it looked bad. Anyway I hope she doesn't say anything racist on the next episode...I didn't mean to imply that she will it's just another episode where race is brought up...that's all I was saying. Again...thanks for the reply!

Oh yeah and I think we are not suppose to call or imply someone else on the forum is racist but if it's something going on on the show we can discuss it.....I think.
    Last edited by hotsauce; 03-14-2008 at 05:21 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Thats ok. Glad it came across how I wanted it to. Reading back over it the main reason probably is that people don't want risk getting kicked off the site etc for talking about it. There'll probably be some more feedback over the next xouple of days anyway.

I miss cycles 1-6! :( youllseemeontv's Avatar

Im 15.

Beleieve me, I know its still prevelant. What I meant by saying its over, is people need to get over it. As in, racism is old, the amount of people who are racist has declined greatly and people who are still racist need to just get over it.

I definitely know, because although Im white, I hang out with a lot of black people and get crap for it.

I guess I worded my original statement wrong.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-18-2008 at 11:31 AM. Reason: removed quote of deleted post
    HOMELESS- Aimee/Marvita | WATER- Anya/Dominique
    LINGERIE- Marvita | TRAVEL- Dominique
    MEAT- Whitney | RENAISSANCE- Dominique/Fatima
    PAINT- Anya/Claire | PAPARAZZI- Anya
    MUSIC- Whitney/Fatima | COVERGIRL- Whitney

I miss cycles 1-6! :( youllseemeontv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotsauce;2842969;
    It does in my book. This is not directed at you but a general statement.- If you weren't racist the thought would have never even entered your mind.
    I agree with you. Re-reading my post, I dont actually agree with what OhMyGosh said. I didnt realize he/she said "One comment about a race doesnt make someone racist".

I mean I half agree with that. It depends on what the person says, and if its degrading or not.

There are some things people just shouldnt say, they need to have limits, and people need to think before they speak.

I read your other post, and I agree, I was very turned off by Dominique calling Whitney white trash, and then she tries to call her out and call her racist.

I dont like talking about racism, but my need to speak my mind always gets the best of me.
    HOMELESS- Aimee/Marvita | WATER- Anya/Dominique
    LINGERIE- Marvita | TRAVEL- Dominique
    MEAT- Whitney | RENAISSANCE- Dominique/Fatima
    PAINT- Anya/Claire | PAPARAZZI- Anya
    MUSIC- Whitney/Fatima | COVERGIRL- Whitney

When Dominique called Whitney a "white trash", nobody cares. So, she is racist too.
    There are a lot of racist against white people too.

----------

However, I think she's half black and half italian. Nik was too, and they both have this honey skin color and green eyes.
    I'll miss Alamela.