Page 209 of 213 FirstFirst ... 109159199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213 LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2124

Thread: Anya - Cycle 10

Re: Anya - Cycle 10

I remember when I saw her at her very first audition, I thought she was exaggerating way too much... (is she the one who said she was just geared towards the camera?) Maybe it was because of her accent. But at the first panel, I was like, "Whoa... she is gorgeous!"
    2003-2008.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Josh.Can.Rawr;3016581;
    Personality and lookwise, Anya is without a doubt stronger than Miss America-Whitney Thompson. Anya is what a model is about.
    I disagree. Anya is edgier, but I think thats only because of her imperfections, ie crooked nose. It's difficult to compare their looks because they are so different. Facially, Whitney is classically beautiful and Anya is edgy. I see Anya as modelesque, not conventionally pretty.

Personality, is all up to opinion. As much of a sweet heart Anya is I prefer someone like Whitney with a bit more spunk and fire. But of course alot find her bitchy. I also like a bit of wit and brains which is where Whitney tips the scales (obviously she does this in more ways than one ) Although reading about her trying to save us all through being a plus size model is getting me down a bit.

I never thought about the bitchy side to her. I think she's super opinionated. However, at a role-model stand point, Anya would have a bigger fan base because she's sweet, has spunk in my opinion, and is super down-to-earth, which is a personality trait that I love. She'd relate to a lot of young people in our generation. Whitney is just this preacher about changing the face of the modeling industry. Overall, Whitney wasn't passionate about modeling, more-so she was just passionate about changing the standard. Anya was the best canidate.
    Joanie. Jenah. Yaya. Anya. Fatima. Katarzyna. Elyse.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Josh.Can.Rawr;3016848;
    Whitney is just this preacher about changing the face of the modeling industry. Overall, Whitney wasn't passionate about modeling, more-so she was just passionate about changing the standard.
    This is the only thing I don't like about Whitney. Other than that I'm in love with her! I know most people won't agree but Whitney trumped Anya on every level IMO but that's mainly because of my model preferences. I'll always prefer the beauty girls to the edgy girls.

I don't quite know how to explain it. It's like: Anya can pose Whitney's ass off, but it's almost as if she has to make up for what she lacks in looks,( almost Melrose like in that sense) through posing. (I'm not saying she's ugly btw) Whereas with Whitney, her basic genetics will mean than most of her shots will work, and when you combine this with a great pose, you get a doubly amazing shot. (Anya's almost Melrose like in that sense)

I don't know if thats explained very well, but I'm just trying to get accross the difference that I see between the two. (Not that I brought up the comparison in the first place.)

Quote Originally Posted by ANTopmodel;3016999;
    This is the only thing I don't like about Whitney. Other than that I'm in love with her! I know most people won't agree but Whitney trumped Anya on every level IMO but that's mainly because of my model preferences. I'll always prefer the beauty girls to the edgy girls.
    I agree with you!
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

FORT Fogey

I don't quite know how to explain it. It's like: Anya can pose Whitney's ass off, but it's almost as if she has to make up for what she lacks in looks,( almost Melrose like in that sense) through posing. (I'm not saying she's ugly btw) Whereas with Whitney, her basic genetics will mean than most of her shots will work, and when you combine this with a great pose, you get a doubly amazing shot. (Anya's almost Melrose like in that sense)

I don't know if thats explained very well, but I'm just trying to get accross the difference that I see between the two. (Not that I brought up the comparison in the first place.)
    You explained it fine, but I just disagree. IMO, comparing Whitney as a model to Anya as a model is like comparing Jenah's weave to diamonds. Whitney's portfolio is lackluster in every way, shape, and form. Her only truly amazing shot was her homeless photo. As a model, Whitney doesn't look like one. She's pretty, but unlike past pretty girls (like Chantal ) she really hasn't brought anything special to the table. Like Bianca says "her photos are pretty because her face is pretty!" I don't think Whitney outshined Anya once throughout the entire competition.

FORT Fanatic

To me Whitney>Anya in homeless, music (by a country mile), papparazzi, covergirl and on the runway. I'm trying to be objective and not just saying that because she's my favourite, but "lacklustre" is quite extreme. Where Anya pulls rank is the fact that every single one of her photos are stellar, not one weak shot and several great ones. Whitney on the other hand had the odd dud: paint and castle couture for example. I'm not saying Whitney trounced Anya or anything, but had the edge for the shots I've listed.

However, as strong as Anya's whole portfolio was, she had nothing that really excited me and gave me goosebumps. You know like a Jenah's moss or recycling, a Lisa's gargoyle, a Chantal great wall, Kahlen Springbok etc. You know, one you could say is up there with the greats. The only shots that have done that for me this cycle are Kata's paint and Whitney's covergirl.

I don't even know how I ended up comparing the two since I originally only commented about Anya anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ANTopmodel;3017162;
    To me Whitney>Anya in homeless, music (by a country mile), papparazzi, covergirl and on the runway. I'm trying to be objective and not just saying that because she's my favourite, but "lacklustre" is quite extreme. Where Anya pulls rank is the fact that every single one of her photos are stellar, not one weak shot and several great ones. Whitney on the other hand had the odd dud: paint and castle couture for example. I'm not saying Whitney trounced Anya or anything, but had the edge for the shots I've listed.

However, as strong as Anya's whole portfolio was, she had nothing that really excited me and gave me goosebumps. You know like a Jenah's moss or recycling, a Lisa's gargoyle, a Chantal great wall, Kahlen Springbok etc. You know, one you could say is up there with the greats. The only shots that have done that for me this cycle are Kata's paint and Whitney's covergirl.

I don't even know how I ended up comparing the two since I originally only commented about Anya anyway
    Anya's lingerie and movie shots gave me goosebumps! But Whitney's meat, music, CG, and winner's beauty awed me! I think they are two different genre's of model and it is hard to compare them.
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by labrowneyes;3017171;
    I think they are two different genre's of model and it is hard to compare them.
    This hit's the nail on the head. I tried saying it earlier but somehow ended up carrying on with the comparison. I forgot about Whitney's winners pictures too. All three of them WOWED me, they were divine!

In the final runway and her pre-show pictures she was gorgeous. In my opinion Anya can be edgy AND commercial.