Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call Interview with Chantal, 12/13/07

FORT Fogey

Re: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call Interview with Chantal, 12/13/0

I love Chantal. She gave really good answers!

Great job SV!

FORT Newbie

Re: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call Interview with Chantal, 12/13/0

God, she comes off as naive and dumb. She seems like a nice person but she also seems ditzy. I still don't understand why she said Jenah wouldn't be a good role model for kids. By "kids", if Chantal meant children who are just as naive and clueless as she is, then I guess those kids could relate to her better than Jenah. But that still has nothing to do with who is a better model. Modeling has nothing to do with how bubbly a person is. I still can't believe she made it to the final 2!

FORT Newbie

It's obvious you were not going to win against Jenah. If you didn't win against Saleisha who was a worse portfolio then you were not going to win against Jenah who has a far better portfolio and a far better walk.
    IMO this is the reason that she singled out Jenah, because she thought she had a better shot against Saleisha. They clearly don't hold it against each other if they're still good friends.

she didnt say"Jenah doesn't care about children" .
    she just meant jenah drinking, smoking,her language, etc.but its so hard for
    her to point out it.so……she was forced to say these words.
    Exactly! People are naive if they think that the judges weren't pushing them for dirt about each other. On tv we saw Tyra say, "who has more potential to be a model," or something like that, but you know they were also asking things like "who would make a better role model to the children watching this show" or some such B.S. like that.

Modeling has nothing to do with how bubbly a person is. I still can't believe she made it to the final 2!
    Modelling is not, but ANTM is not about modelling and it IS the dogma of the show that they must strive for Saleisha-type personalities *gag*
    Last edited by Superfish; 12-16-2007 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMafia;2723186;
    God, she comes off as naive and dumb. She seems like a nice person but she also seems ditzy. I still don't understand why she said Jenah wouldn't be a good role model for kids. By "kids", if Chantal meant children who are just as naive and clueless as she is, then I guess those kids could relate to her better than Jenah. But that still has nothing to do with who is a better model. Modeling has nothing to do with how bubbly a person is. I still can't believe she made it to the final 2!
    I'm a fan of Jenah's but I think she's a better model than she is a role model. Like someone mentioned above, Jenah has said some things on the show like "I play beer pong. I party with guys." and "I can open beer bottles with my teeth." and Jenah was also a smoker so those are not really things that make a good role model for younger girls. If I was ten years younger, I would look up to both the Heathers than Jenah.

Quote Originally Posted by envy;2721824;
    i think she "kicked" jenah because she just want to be the better one.
    you know, jenah and chantal are tend to be compared; "which of the blond is better?" (and the answer is obviously jenah! )

what makes me wonder is : why did she choose saleisha over jenah? her answer is a huge shock to me.

SV you did amazing interview!
    (but interview with jenah is still the most gripping interview this cycle! )
    guess she's scared of tyra.. like they already prepared them for the interviews.. like, DONT TALK BAD ABOUT SALEISHA!
    trust in God,have faith
    FANTASTIC KATALYST/KATWALKER
    "KATAlyzing the KATwalk"
    Kataclauremeenya

FORT Newbie

chantal is a nice girl,she doesn’t want to hurt anyone.
    she is soooo naive!

She doesn't come off very well and like a complete airhead. I get her comments about Jenah but she didn't explain them well.

I think she sees Jenah as too dry and sarcastic to be a covergirl, and I think that's why she thought she had the least potential.

FORT Newbie

It was definitely real, though. Everything I saw, it was what really happened. They never tried to portray us in any way other than what we were. I was very nervous about that whenever the show started. I was really scared to see how they were going to make us look. I didn’t know if they were going to twist it around and everything, but everything was to the “t.” Everything was exactly how it was.
    Is she one of the few people to say that they weren't portrayed incorrectly and that every little thing they showed was "to the 't'"? Because I remember how much we have heard about editing and how it really does twist things around.

FORT Newbie

chantal said jenah is a real good model and very amazing.But not a role model for kids…………I think she just meant j was a smoker,drinking……ect.

chantal is very sunny,naive and real.
    [mod edit]
    Last edited by Marleybone; 12-17-2007 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRiver;2723923;
    Is she one of the few people to say that they weren't portrayed incorrectly and that every little thing they showed was "to the 't'"? Because I remember how much we have heard about editing and how it really does twist things around.
    She's probably saying that because she liked the way she came off looking. I love her, but she doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. I just can't get past her saying she was "designed" for this, and then going on and saying how she's a good role model for little girls. I'd rather have young people look up to someone who has some bigger ambitions than looking pretty for a camera.