Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call Interview with Chantal, 12/13/07

Re: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call Interview with Chantal, 12/13/0

Quote Originally Posted by Dax;2722012;
    Welcome to my club.

I still like her but not as much as I did.
    Yes, me too ! i didn't like her anwser about Jenah and Heather. but she was really really sweet during the entire show

Re: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call Interview with Chantal, 12/13/0

Thanks for the interview, I enjoyed reading it.

This is my opinion, but I can see - from her perspective - why she says both Sal and her are better role models for kids. I think she meant to say that because they have a bubblier personality, the kids would look at them first over Jenah, who is more reserved. As someone said, Chantal and Sal would be better for something like Seventeen (at least right now), Jenah a more grown up magazine. It's the flashiness factor, not necessarily the meat/substance.

It's kinda like - not sure if this'll make sense - but kind of like Elmo vs. Mr. Rogers. Elmo is a bit more style than substance, as you can be entertained by the silly antics and friendly faces. That said, watching the show at times (I did for a while when I had an international roommate who was learning English ), I don't feel like he teaches something that helps me as a person.

However, Mr. Rogers taught you a lot about things that will help you progress in life, not being afraid of TV characters (i.e. when Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno of "The Incredible Hulk" appeared on the show and showed how Ferrigno was made up as the Hulk), death (when the goldfish died in the aquarium), money, etc. However, because he wasn't flashy (this is not the same as friendly appearance), but more straightforward, people tend to ignore the repeats of his show over all the Elmo stuff. But, both have kids looking up to them. In this case, Sal and Chantal are Elmo, Jenah Mr. Rogers.

And, I also think a lot of it has to do with the fact it's a competition, and she was remorseful of what she said then. Jenah obviously harbors no ill will toward her comment (she was disappointed though), given they are still friends, so I'd let it drop. I personally think both are role models to look up to as Jenah is trying to quit smoking (she's down to one cig/day) and Chantala is willing to speak out about being teased about her looks and weight when she was younger.

I can also see the bit about her comments in regard to Lisa being eliminated over Heather. While I like Heather, I think she stayed only for ratings because they knew she'd probably not do well at the go-sees. Lisa however, would've, and probably would've rocked the standing out in a crowd shot, so they got rid of her instead. Chantal probably saw that Lisa's pic was very good as well and had potential to be a CG model, so I can see why she was suprised by the elimination.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 12-15-2007 at 07:50 PM.

Also, glad to see that she really enjoyed the Great Wall shoot. I think it's one of the best photos they've had in the series, even though it looks like she was supposed to be holding something in her left hand.

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

I don't think her remarks about Jenah being not as good a role model for young girls is that off the mark. Is Jenah a great model? Yes, I wish she had won; however, some of her remarks on the show, her language, and her past-time activities (drinking, smoking, etc) are not attributes you want for a role model.
    I'm a Jenah fan. After Heather was eliminated I was rooting for Jenah, and I don't mind Chantal, but I seriously dislike Saleisha. That being said, Chantal and Saleisha are more appropriate, personality-wise, for this show, and to be role models to the young girls who watch it.
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

she talks alot. but she's great...and i like how she cleared the air about the whole jenah with least potential thing. looks like they're close.

she'll do great things.
    i keep bleeding love.

Made by Envy of FORT kurishinigami's Avatar

I don't know i'm still a little bit iffy about Chantal. I don't dislike but I don't like her either. Definitely needs to stop talking about herself so much...she used the word I way too much. Then again this is one of her first interviews so i'll just have to wait and see.

as far as the interview went, she talked alot, but she gave pretty good answers. at least she wasn't as short and concise like ebony was.
    Last edited by tylerneal09; 12-15-2007 at 08:33 PM. Reason: grammar.
    i keep bleeding love.

I think if I would have been against Jenah for the final two, I would have won.
    Uh...no.

Great interview! Her personality really comes across! Love you girl! Seems Nigel really disliked her.
    Last edited by tjvalerio; 12-15-2007 at 09:59 PM.

FORT Newbie

good interview...
    i rather she win this cycle instead of the what... speechless...
    i dont like this cycyle winner and last cycle as well...