Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call Interview with Chantal, 12/13/07

Re: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call Interview with Chantal, 12/13/0

Childrens behavior is definitely heavily affected by parent example, but parent example isn't the only thing that influences behavior, friends and media do too. Jenah's a great model and I don't give a damn if shes cocky or whatever, but covergirls are supposed to be role models for younger girls and I can't really see Jenah being one.
    And people under 13 definitely watch this show, girls 12 and over, watch this show. I know plenty of them.

Re: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call Interview with Chantal, 12/13/0

Can you honestly say you ever modeled your life after the picture of the girl selling lip gloss in your magazines when you were young? Or, are you still young? Does the picture influence your life? Not flaming, just a question.
    He not busy being born is busy dying. -Bob Dylan

I'm not saying her sucess would encourage girls to smoke or drink, but I know covergirl looks for girls with really positive images. Same concept as disney refusing to hire actors with any public past of drugs or alcohol.

Obviously, in the grand scheme of things covergirl has no effect on young girls but its good that they support positive role models. I can't say I've ever been affected by a covergirl, but then again I don't really read magazines.

They support positive role models? Drew Barrymore is a CoverGirl...she was in rehab at 13. Queen Latifah? Look up some of the lyrics she has sung.
    He not busy being born is busy dying. -Bob Dylan

cdee/heather fan dongdongahdong's Avatar

I feel like Saleisha's and Chantal's answers to who has the most potential is not applicable to the question. What does children or sarcastic humor really have to do with modeling potential anyway?

Dax

It happens in every season. In cycle 8 they bashed Natasha because supposedly she was phony and that has nothing to do with modeling.

The only one that answered as models were Amanda (C7) Eugena, Kahlen and Jenah. I mean, this girls forget this is about modeling and the judges too because they follow them.

God, all that bragging about Jenah being her best friend and then totally turning it around to Jenah's disadvantage even now. Chantal is very cynical. Yeah Jenah is her best friend but none should look up to her, just the "old" people ofcorse because she's not a good role model. Sorry Chantal but you are not a good role model and like you say, you're not even nice just rather "blond"!

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    TBH if I had a little sister I would want her to be like Chantal who treats others nicely but stands up for her opinions and herself.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

Dax

^If I had a little sister I wouldn't like my little sister to say she's best friends with someone and then start bashing her supposedly best friend. That's not being best friends.

What gets me is the polarization going on with fans of all three finalists, and over what was said in one episode of a Reality and game (as there's a winner) show. Jenah and Chantal say their friends still to this day, so they did not let this game interfere with that. I'd rather go by what they say than what something that is edited - this year admittedly more blantantly than others IMHO. Regardless, we're not the ones who were there.

Chantal's comments - on screen in interview - were based on what happened in the game. If it were based on how they felt about each other in real life, then I don't think they'd BOTH say "Yeah, we're good friends." I don't think they'd be in contact with each other as much as they say if they were.

Sometimes I think we all tend to focus on the show characters than the real people - and that includes interviews. Even other cycle serious fandoms on contestants (Caridee/Melrose, Naima/Kahlen, Nik/Nicole) aren't as vitriolic as this season's ones with the final three IMHO.

I say it's time to let both girls live their lives and let them live the lives the best they can.