Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call Interview with Chantal, 12/13/07

Re: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call Interview with Chantal, 12/13/0

Quote Originally Posted by Dax;2721985;
    And then she comes and say that she cares more about children and Jenah doesn't. It seems that she forgets that Jenah raised her little sisters. It's stupid.
    I think Chantal meant that she and Saleisha when they speak or their actions, they think of the consequences before they do some things, they're more careful. Jenah, I get the impression from the show and in her interview, that she's more spontaneous, shoots the breeze more, from her actions and when she speaks. Could also because Jenah smokes and opens beer bottles with her teeth. Who knows what else went on in the house, probably more that we didn't see.

Re: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call Interview with Chantal, 12/13/0

So...being underhandedly Bi#chy is better? Good role model is the stereo type of women. Catty? Gossipy? Fake? Bubblehead? I say I want my daughter like Jenah. Because Jenah is...well, just Jenah.
    He not busy being born is busy dying. -Bob Dylan

FORT Fanatic

Great interview. I love you Chantal!!!!!!!!!

lol. <3

Quote Originally Posted by HolyMacaroni;2727144;
    So...being underhandedly Bi#chy is better? Good role model is the stereo type of women. Catty? Gossipy? Fake? Bubblehead? I say I want my daughter like Jenah. Because Jenah is...well, just Jenah.
    Jenah was my favorite contestant, but I don't know that it would be good for young children to look up to her. She smokes and drinks (why she admitted that on National TV is beyond me) and to be honest I wouldn't be suprised if shes done pot.
    I mean I love her laid back personality and she takes great photos, but I'd say someone like Victoria would be a more ideal role model.

I drink. And gasp, in college I "did" pot. I am not a bad person. I drink for a living, I am a wine consultant/dealer. Should I be considered a non role model? If someone is over 18 and chooses to smoke, that is their own personal decision. That doesn't make or break the person. Parents should control that. Not the girl who sells lipgloss.

A bit from the TVGuide interview with Chantal just to balance things...
    TVGuide.com: No humanity on the runway! Were you surprised that Jenah got cut before you did? She seems to have the high-fashion look that Tyra Banks is always going on about.
    Chantal: I was a little surprised by that, because Jenah was really strong throughout the whole competition. She took great pictures every single week. But it's about CoverGirl, you know what I mean? [And in our CoverGirl shoot], she was just a little weaker than me, and that's what it all came down to that day. I think she's a great model, but CoverGirl just isn't for her.

Quote Originally Posted by tjvalerio;2728216;
    A bit from the TVGuide interview with Chantal just to balance things...
    TVGuide.com: No humanity on the runway! Were you surprised that Jenah got cut before you did? She seems to have the high-fashion look that Tyra Banks is always going on about.
    Chantal: I was a little surprised by that, because Jenah was really strong throughout the whole competition. She took great pictures every single week. But it's about CoverGirl, you know what I mean? [And in our CoverGirl shoot], she was just a little weaker than me, and that's what it all came down to that day. I think she's a great model, but CoverGirl just isn't for her.
    I agree that CG isnt the right type of modelling for her. shes WAY to high fashion for that!

Quote Originally Posted by HolyMacaroni;2728103;
    I drink. And gasp, in college I "did" pot. I am not a bad person. I drink for a living, I am a wine consultant/dealer. Should I be considered a non role model? If someone is over 18 and chooses to smoke, that is their own personal decision. That doesn't make or break the person. Parents should control that. Not the girl who sells lipgloss.
    Parents can set a good example but you can't be with their children watching them like a watch dog. Like it or not, their are many things that can/might influence a child.

You're not in the public's eye. Not competing on tv in front of millions of people, especially young gals, pre-teens.
    Last edited by graycat11; 12-19-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Chantal cannot be as bad as she came off in this interview, she is still very good friends with Jenah and Saleisha.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2728424;
    Parents can set a good example but you can't be with their children watching them like a watch dog. Like it or not, their are many things that can/might influence a child.

You're not in the public's eye. Not competing on tv in front of millions of people, especially young gals, pre-teens.
    Yes...but....I am a parent, and I'll be damned if someone on TV has more influence over what my child does than I do. It is constant vigilance as a parent that makes the difference. Personally, I can't for the life of me see why anyone under 13 would even be allowed to watch this show. I'll go beyond that, maybe 15 or 16. If someone younger does, and smokes because the girl on tv did, then again, the parents fault, not the of age person on television.