Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call Interview with Chantal, 12/13/07

Re: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call Interview with Chantal, 12/13/0

Quote Originally Posted by joshiii;2725750;
    Im curious as to why Chantal is so sure she woulda beat Jenah. Does she even understand why she came in 2nd place. This girl had no chance against Jenahs portfolio or runway for that matter. And because Tyra didnt want to see Jenah win this whole thing she had to eliminate her in the third place position. Otherwise, it would be even more obviously corrupt.

I still cant figure out Tyras justification for eliminating Jenah after all that praise and recognition of her portfolio.
    Exactly. Pulling the personality card is just BS. How many models that you see in vogue (high fashion mags) or on the runway ooze personality? Most of the designers and photogs don't want you to be you....they want you to be what they are trying to represent with the particular garment, show, photo..etc. Just because Tyra's last big modeling gig was VS it made her think that all runway was like that. Real runway sometimes is completely emotionless. This show needs to change the name to more accurately describe what it is. America's Next Cover Girl, or America's Next Bubble Head. Not model. This isn't modeling. Ok, rant over...sorry!

Premium Member

Re: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call Interview with Chantal, 12/13/0

Quote Originally Posted by jenchan;2723125;
    NO,NO,NO!
    she didnt say"Jenah doesn't care about children" .
    she just meant jenah drinking, smoking,her language, etc.but its so hard for
    her to point out it.so……she was forced to say these words.
    This is what she said:

Quote Originally Posted by Chantal
    We’re just better role models because I really care about children.
    That statement implies that only she cares about children. That's no different than saying Jenah doesn't care about children even though she didn't actually say the words.

It's easy to tell from the interview that the two of them are great friends, so it's really not that big of a deal in the whole scheme of things. I just found the comment rather off-putting.

Ditto

This whole scandal thing pulled me back into this site. I hadn't been on for quiet a while, but I just had to see what this bunch had to say about it! Glad to be back too. Forgot how much I loved it here.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jenchan;2723125;
    NO,NO,NO!
    she didnt say"Jenah doesn't care about children" .
    she just meant jenah drinking, smoking,her language, etc.but its so hard for
    her to point out it.so……she was forced to say these words.
    Exactly.I think she didnt want to point out something about jenah(drinking, smoking,her language, etc.).

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by joshiii;2725750;
    Im curious as to why Chantal is so sure she woulda beat Jenah. Does she even understand why she came in 2nd place. This girl had no chance against Jenahs portfolio or runway for that matter. And because Tyra didnt want to see Jenah win this whole thing she had to eliminate her in the third place position. Otherwise, it would be even more obviously corrupt.

I still cant figure out Tyras justification for eliminating Jenah after all that praise and recognition of her portfolio.
    God……but why are you so sure about chantal.Sorry,I dont agree.
    Ok,let her go,please,thank you!
    Last edited by Marleybone; 12-19-2007 at 03:38 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by HolyMacaroni;2725738;
    Good grief, between this interview and Saleisha's I wouldn't say they had a brain between them. I have met more articulate 4th graders who have English as a second language.
    This interview and Saleisha's are completely different.

I didn't say they were identical. I said they both sound sharp as a marble.
    He not busy being born is busy dying. -Bob Dylan

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HolyMacaroni;2726424;
    I didn't say they were identical. I said they both sound sharp as a marble.
    I love that! I agree, I like Chantal, but she seems like a bit of fluff....pleasant, but not much there. Saleisha sounds irritating and needs someone to coach how she speaks.
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

My thoughts exactly.
    He not busy being born is busy dying. -Bob Dylan