Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Overated & underated !

Re: Overated & underated !

yay, people agree with my kristi being underrated. one of the best contestants of ANTM, in my opinion.
    i keep bleeding love.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerneal09;2746678;
    yay, people agree with my kristi being underrated. one of the best contestants of ANTM, in my opinion.

SHE SUCH A AMERICAN SWEETHEART .she is nice.funny.happy and real
    i hope she's become my friend

Kristi's swimsuit pic was one of the very best that week, along with Yaya and Tocarra. Definitely thought she should've outlasted Jennipher.
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

I thought Ann's Lee Jeans was terrible (which is unpopular I believe), she had no neck!

cycle 10 promo is underated

FORT Newbie

Here are some of my opinions. There are some more for both over- and underrated, but I start with these.

Overrated

-I think that Yoanna is a tad overrated. She does have a striking face but her body was pretty bad. I really liked both her beautyshots but I found most of her other pictures to be somewhat overrated. She really can't take a horrible picture with a face like that but she doesn't know what to do with her body in pictures. Still one of the better winners imo.
    -Kahlen. She's a nice girl who took great pictures but she's just an all around weaker version of Karmen Kass as a model. Nevertheless, I preferred her over Naima.

Underrated

-April. She has probably the best portfolio of cycle two and one of the best portfolios from antm ever. Her body is amazing and her look is interesting. Her walk is good and she did great in the challenges. She is still getting work. On top of all that she is actually intelligent. Yet she was eliminated for being too analytical, which has nothing to do with modelling.
    -Rebecca. Yes, she is safe looking, but she had one of the best walks in antm ever and her body was amazing too. Her pictures weren't that bad either. Should have made it further.
    -Brittany (C8). Actually looks like a model and took amazing photos despite the fact that the photoshoots sucked in this cycle. Should have won just based on those two things alone.
    -Chantal. Don't get me wrong, I really, really like Jenah, Heather and Lisa, but Chantal get's way too much crap just because she made it further than those girls. They all have potential. Apart from the average flower and covergirl queen photos her other pictures were good or great and her portfolio is easily one best from her cycle along with the other three i mentioned. Her walk wasn't as good as Jenah's, but it certainly was better than Heather's and Lisa's. She also did perform better than all the other girls in the commercials so overall she definitely was one of the best girls in her cycle and imo did deserve make it far.

-I think that Yoanna is a tad overrated. She does have a striking face but her body was pretty bad. I really liked both her beautyshots but I found most of her other pictures to be somewhat overrated. She really can't take a horrible picture with a face like that but she doesn't know what to do with her body in pictures. Still one of the better winners imo.
    THANK YOU!!!
    Her 2 beauty shots were fierce, but all of her other shots were only sub-par. She really did not deserve to outlast Mercedes, April, or Shandia AT ALL, since they all preformed consistantly well throughout the show, and were runway ready, whereas Yoanna had her ups and downs, and had way too much back fat, not to mention she was too old to start a modelling Career.

-Chantal. Don't get me wrong, I really, really like Jenah, Heather and Lisa, but Chantal get's way too much crap just because she made it further than those girls. They all have potential. Apart from the average flower and covergirl queen photos her other pictures were good or great and her portfolio is easily one best from her cycle along with the other three i mentioned. Her walk wasn't as good as Jenah's, but it certainly was better than Heather's and Lisa's. She also did perform better than all the other girls in the commercials so overall she definitely was one of the best girls in her cycle and imo did deserve make it far.
    Well, I also like Chantal a bit, but I think the reason Chantal wasn't exactly a favorite of most people in this cycle was for 2 reasons. A) She had a real barbie doll look, but in this cycle, there were quite a few interesting, Intrigueing models in the form of Lisa, Jenah, Heather, Victoria, and Ebony. They weren't exactly the 'norm', but they had an alluring quality about them, whereas Chantal had a typical "All-American Girl" look. B) Her walk wasn't better than Jenah, Saleisha, Ebony, or even Lisa for that matter. Don't get me wrong, she is fierce, but she would have alot more fans had she enterred a different season.

Another unpopular opinion: Joanie was SO OVERRATED! She had a huge, thick, assymetrical jaw that totally ruined all of her pictures except her covergirl shot. Also, she looked abit old.

FORT Fogey

I just ran across this thread so I decided to bring it back from the dead

Overrated:
    Heather's smoking & plant shot. Other than that, she rocked on most shoots.
    Claire - Other than her homeless, her photos were just blah.
    Whitney C10 - Again, I don't think she takes many great photos other than her homeless one. I never understood the praise for her music photo, and no, not just because I love Kat's photo. She looks like her arms hurts and her mouth is gaping open like always. With out the make up, it's just not grungy. Also, I hate her meat photo with a burning passion. She looks shocked and weird, and she's just standing there.
    Dominique's paint shot - She looks confused and wide-eyed, not in a good way.
    Saleisha's walk - I think its too bouncy and her head shakes back and forth way too much.

Underrated:
    Chantal - In her post show interview, people say she came off a little ditzy and a lot of people seem to think she was very nasty about Jenah being a rolemodel and whatnot. Honestly, I think she was flustered and not prepared for the questions about rolemodels and what not. She probably didn't even know what to say, and got confused. Even though I don't care if they are good rolemodels, she probably thought she was a better rolemodel because she appeals more to children. Jenah smokes and cusses more than Chantal does, so she probably figured that was not something Tyra was looking for. And to say she's mean is ridiculous. Who helped Victoria when she got sick? Chantal. Who stood up for Heather in the bed situation? Chantal. Who cried when like everyone was eliminated? Chantal. She's a nice girl. I don't understand why people think she's so nasty
    Leslie C6 - Gorgeous girl. Took gorgeous pictures.
    Nicole C3 - She took beautiful photos and had a great look. Not the tallest girl, but still a great model.
    Janet's rock climbing shot - So good. I don't care if her film sucked, it was a great shot.

Underrated: Brooke cycle 7
    I loved her!
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

Overrated:
    Heather c9: She could just stand there and the photo will be good just cause she's pretty. The only shot I liked from her was the weeds one.

Underrated:
    Chantal
    Brooke C7