Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call with Sarah, 11/09/07

Re: America’s Next Top Model 9: Media Conference Call with Sarah, 11/09/07

Man, I was really bummed that Sarah got cut. Her and Heather were my favs on the show.

It really bothered me that all the judges made such an issue about a "real" sized girl making it in the modeling world. They completely forgot to mention that after the sucess of Dove's "real" model campaign (i.e. hiring women of average weight/appearance) that more companies/designers were willing to hire women of average weight.

Victoria Secrets even took on "real" models to showcase some of their sets. Dove sold waaayyy more products when they had average sized models in their commericals and print ads.

Yet, none of the judges mentioned this! Pfftt...

Oh well. I hope Sarah lands some awesome gigs in the future.

FORT Fogey

Sarah Hartshorne is BY FAR the GREATEST plus sized model ANTM has EVER had and Tyra is ssssstupid! stupid! for cutting her!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess_Nikki;2670440;
    Man, I was really bummed that Sarah got cut. Her and Heather were my favs on the show.

It really bothered me that all the judges made such an issue about a "real" sized girl making it in the modeling world. They completely forgot to mention that after the sucess of Dove's "real" model campaign (i.e. hiring women of average weight/appearance) that more companies/designers were willing to hire women of average weight.

Victoria Secrets even took on "real" models to showcase some of their sets. Dove sold waaayyy more products when they had average sized models in their commericals and print ads.

Yet, none of the judges mentioned this! Pfftt...

Oh well. I hope Sarah lands some awesome gigs in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by spellboundboy;2670794;
    Sarah Hartshorne is BY FAR the GREATEST plus sized model ANTM has EVER had and Tyra is ssssstupid! stupid! for cutting her!
    IMO the "weight thing" was only a decoy to decieve the fans.. I think the real reason for Sarah`s elimination is hidden. (Its like looking at an iceberg: you only see a small part of what actually is going on).
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

Great interview! I love Sarah, she's so cute!

she wears a 7/8 and is plus size? I thought plus size models were like a 12 or 14.

Premium Member

Thanks for getting this for us, SV.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by coco_puff;2674030;
    she wears a 7/8 and is plus size? I thought plus size models were like a 12 or 14.
    No no! Sarah's real sized! She's technically not one of those skinny models but not a plus sized. The reason she was picked for the show was because she was real sized but she was eliminated for being real sized. Hehe.

Nice interview. She seems sweet.

If Saleisha isn't eliminated next episode, can you ask whoever is what she thinks about Saleisha's connections to Tyra or if she even knows about them? I'm sure they all do by now but I'm curious on their opinions regarding it. It seems like such a conspiracy to a lot of people yet no one from that side has said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sireafi;2674363;
    No no! Sarah's real sized! She's technically not one of those skinny models but not a plus sized. The reason she was picked for the show was because she was real sized but she was eliminated for being real sized. Hehe.
    IMO if that isn`t evidence of a conspiracy I don`t know what is. BTW Sirefi I am going to add more evidence: Why would Sarah win the CG contest and then get eliminated such a short period of time after? Obviously CG has no problem with Sarah`s weight. It sure seems to me that Sarah`s weight is not the real reason. We can only wonder what is?
    Quote Originally Posted by antmANNfan;2676149;
    Nice interview. She seems sweet.
    Yes and BTW did you all notice how when Heather passed out how Sarah was the "Good Samaritan" and was the first person to help Heather. If I had been on the judging panel I would have given credit to Sarah in the judging and counted that act of kindness towrd Heather as "good personality". At the begining of cycle 9 Tyra said she wanted the contestants to be good role models for young girls. Sarah helping another contestant in an emergency is being a good role model in my book. Why did the judges not mention that in Sarah`s favor during the evaluation and judging deliberations?
    Last edited by amazonophile; 11-19-2007 at 08:27 PM. Reason: capitalization correction

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet;2664961;
    SV: Our readers always like hear another contestant's opinion of the other girls in the house. In a one or two word description (or brief sentence), please tell me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear their names:

Yourself (Sarah): Total dork.

SV: How tall are you, and if it’s not too personal to ask, what size are you (so the rest of us “normal” people will know whether we are plus-size or not).

I am 5'10" and usually a size 7/8. I have pants that are size 6 and some that are size 10.

SV: Apparently, only stick-thin and bigger women exist in the role of the modeling world. Are you going to pursue modeling, and if you do, will you gain or lose weight to fit into one of those molds?

That's a complicated question. I am planning to pursue modeling, and I hope there's a place for me in the industry. In fact, I know there should be a place
    for me in the industry, especially given the amount of
    women that are my size. At the same time, I love modeling, and it feels wrong to say I would be unwilling to do something short of compromising my
    health to pursue it.

SV: Thanks, Sarah, for being such a positive role model for the majority of the population—size-wise. You’ve got the looks and personality to accomplish whatever it is you want to do in life!

Thank you so much! I hope I can keep it up!
    Sarah if you are reading this please do not call yourself a "dork" . You are a tall beautiful woman who regardless of what Nigel (and others on the judging panel ) said will make a very good model and I hope to see more of your work in the future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast