Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions you've always had about ANTM

Re: Questions you've always had about ANTM

Quote Originally Posted by Vivican;2711473;
    Wilhelmina and IMG are huge, and actually produce great talent. I think they signed on at the beginning of the show because the show used to be about finding models. By season 3 it was obvious the show was a failure, and I bet the agencies backed out, so Tyra worked out something with Covergirl and Ford, whereas she just needed to namedrop with the prizes so it sounds lucrative, but in reality FORD puts them in some obscure newly created division where they'll never get work, and Covergirl gives them a PR job and keeps them out of anything reputable.
    Ford and Elite are both actually better agencies than Wilhelmina. As far as the switch from IMG to Ford, I do suspect that it ultimately had to do with the selection of contestants and could be that they weren't given much say in the matter. Plus, the show was making a major shift towards a "commercial spokesperson" focus and Ford fits in well with that.

Special Arrangements isn't really a new division -- it's for celebrities, which kind of explains how Ford viewed the winners that they signed. Elite used to have such a section (before they were involved with ANTM), but it's no longer. So far the winners that they have signed go directly into the New Faces section like any other model.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivican;2711473;
    I think the Elite thing is more interesting. I think Elite must have made a deal with the show to secretly view the models progress and chose who stays and who goes. They can get rid of the good ones sooner, so they can scoop them up without having them tainted with D-list dirt that comes from rolling around in a show like this.
    While I do think that Elite perhaps has more of a say and is establishing more of a presence on the show than Ford, the only non-winner that Elite has signed from a season that it was involved in is Samantha. None of the other girls from C7 or C8 (it remains to be seen for C9 yet) were picked up by them or arguably better agencies. I guess what I'm saying is that in theory it does seem entirely possible, but there doesn't seem to be much evidence.

Otherwise, I think that they would have worked to boot someone like Jenah early. This season in particular, many of the ones with real potential went relatively far into the competition and much of the dead weight was cut early. Then again, I was surprised by several of the Elite rep's comments about who he thought was good or not, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by My My My;2712868;

While I do think that Elite perhaps has more of a say and is establishing more of a presence on the show than Ford, the only non-winner that Elite has signed from a season that it was involved in is Samantha. None of the other girls from C7 or C8 (it remains to be seen for C9 yet) were picked up by them or arguably better agencies. I guess what I'm saying is that in theory it does seem entirely possible, but there doesn't seem to be much evidence.
    Don't forget Sarah and Felicia from C8! both are with Elite Chicago.

I don't really count Sarah because she was signed with them pre-show (and I believe that she always was, even throughout the show -- they just removed her from the website).

Did Felicia ever really end up signing with them? She's not on the website and I never really heard anything more about it.

Why does Jade have a spell-checker when half the words she says aren't even real words?

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky177;2715102;
    Why does Jade have a spell-checker when half the words she says aren't even real words?
    LOL, i wanna know the answer too!

oh and something else i want to know is why are the challenges in this cycle focussing more on runways???
    that's cool, that's cool! -dionne, cycle 8

Quote Originally Posted by My My My;2713009;
    I don't really count Sarah because she was signed with them pre-show (and I believe that she always was, even throughout the show -- they just removed her from the website).

Did Felicia ever really end up signing with them? She's not on the website and I never really heard anything more about it.
    Well I just checked and you're right she's not there . Wonder what happened with that??

About the girls not being picked up by arguably better agencies? I think AJ, Eugena, Megan, Melrose for sure, Renee, Brittany, Natasha all got signed to great agencies so maybe Elite wanted them but couldn't get them.

The height and measurements of the girls. It's always bothered me that some of the girls look either super skinny, or a little heavy. Since the camera adds 10 pounds maybe a "heavy" looking contestant really has 36 inch hips, who knows. It would really settle the Sarah (C9) debate, I am guessing she was around a 38 inch hip, not really plus size, but a couple inches short from the skinny ones, but who knows.

I've always wondered why they don't do a challenge that tests their knowledge of the industry.

Why they don't try a season where everyone stays until the very end so everyone gets judged fairly on an entire body of work, and then maybe just have a final 4 do a cover shoot and runway show.

How many frames they actually get per shoot.

FORT Newbie

how many cycle's are going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by nataliec;2715450;
    LOL, i wanna know the answer too!

oh and something else i want to know is why are the challenges in this cycle focussing more on runways???
    ok i would say due to other cycles where they only had 2 runway shows per season and i think alot of the viewers were complaining about the lack of runway challenges if the girls are suppose to be learning to become "real" models....Also when it got time to do go sees in the foreign countries alot of the girls failed cause they couldn't walk.
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

i dont know if this has been posted but i always wonder how the girls know the winner from the past cycle. i mean, werent they filming when she won