Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions you've always had about ANTM

Re: Questions you've always had about ANTM

I know Elyse used the movement shot, even though she thought it didn't even look like her anymore (as time goes by).. and don't quote me on this but I think she even said she didn't like it, or at least didn't though it was special But her agency told her to put it in her portfolio.. I don't know about other shots I don't think she uses any other, not even the snakeshot.
    "A group who forms a unit that excludes people on the persuasion that you hate a person [Paloma] is bullying and it's bitchy. Who instigated this [Jordan] is an absolute moron and who took part in it and encouraged it [Anika, Danica, Sophie, Alice] are even bigger morons." - Charlotte Dawson. Amen!

FORT Newbie

Why didn't Tyra mention she was in Samuelle's "So you like what you see" video. He was a member of the group Club nouveau who scored with the remake of Lean on Me. Is it because it was pre nose and breasts job? Yes folks at one time she was rocking silicone chest. Despite the now world famous test.

Why choose a plus size candidate when you know she won't win?

Moi

Why do some girls at judging get told to let their hair loose and shake it out because "that looks more like a model", yet others get told to pull their hair back because "that looks more like a model"?
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tellit;2664912;
    Is it because it was pre nose and breasts job? Yes folks at one time she was rocking silicone chest. Despite the now world famous test.
    I honestly don't believe she ever had a breast augmentation. In fact, when she pulled that stunt on her show I was thinking to myself, "What? I've never heard any accusations of this before." I just think her chest's appearance (which I never found to be THAT big) was a combination of her having a naturally curvy physique and being a Victoria's Secret model. Those bras will work magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jptopmodel8;2663769;
    really?! i didnt know that....does she use any of her other photos like the beauty shot with the snake, the jlo swimwear, stuff magazine, wonder bra in paris or her nude with diamonds or her black & white tyra shot?
    I don't believe Elyse has any other ANTM photos in her portfolio aside from that jumping one. If you search her name on the you tube you can probably find the video she made where she shows her European portfolio.
    Top Model LARPing! OMG!
    KatarXena Warrior Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron;2663687;
    I don't think the casting agents were looking for a specific type of person, I think they were just looking for a tall, modelesque-looking girl who had potential and could do well in a show like ANTM. I highly doubt that they had a specific frame to fill (Give me a 5'10.5 Brunette with curly hair and green eyes, wearing a red shirt and dark jeans and flats.)
    Well maybe not that specific but they could have been told to pick "a black woman who is tall and skinny."
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

I guess I could post this here...

Wtf was up with that Dani from Cycle 6? Not winner Dani, the "racist republican" from semi-finals. She was NOT model at all, so far from it and it really seemed like she was picked just because she would make for good tv.

Team Katarzyna and Anya oxymoron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by surrender;2666108;
    I guess I could post this here...

Wtf was up with that Dani from Cycle 6? Not winner Dani, the "racist republican" from semi-finals. She was NOT model at all, so far from it and it really seemed like she was picked just because she would make for good tv.
    I seriously wanted to throw something heavy at her every time she popped up onto the screen. Her attitude would have killed me if she made it through to the top 13. She is definitely not model material, and is a pretty girl at the very most. Did you see the photos they took of her? There were only cheesy, smiling prom queen shots.

When a contestant is eliminated overseas does that contestant have to pay for their own travel back to the US? if not who pays? If the contestants who have been scouted throughout ANTM history (examples: Sara(C6),AJ(C7)) had to do it over again knowing then what they know now would they have given permission to volunteer themselves for ANTM? Which contestants would or would not?
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

How does Tyra's mail get delivered to the house? I feel like it's staged. I know sometimes when they come home from a shoot or whatever, the mail's there waiting. But sometime they'd be all at the house and then they're like surprised to see Tyra mail in the kitchen. Like wouldn't someone see the mail "arriving" prior to it being placed there for them to see? Am I making sense?

Also, how do they decide who will stand where at the judging? Are they told?