Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions you've always had about ANTM

FORT Fogey

Re: Questions you've always had about ANTM

That's actually a really good question! I hadn't thought of that before.

FORT Newbie

So this has been buggin me for awhile..

I noticed that when I watch the reruns, Tyra's voice inflection changes all the time at the judging panel. When she stands in front of a girl, you can hear her real voice...however, at some points they Tyra out and we hear her voice, almost sounding like a voice-op, or a cartoon character. Has anyone noticed that they seem to edit her voice??

Quote Originally Posted by Wiest;2661887;
    That's actually a really good question! I hadn't thought of that before.
    Thanks!! it has been bothering after i rewatched c1 when it was showing
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

Does the contract the girls have to sign also contains a clause stating that they may not publicly denounce either the show or Tyra? Because Tiffany from cycle 4 defended Tyra at first, even though she yelled at her like a mad cow. But after a year or so (after the contract must have ended), Tiffany said that Tyra didn't care for her at all, and that all the 'she yells at you, because she cares, stuff' was bull.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Erik;2662016;
    Tyra didn't care for her at all
    The talk show must be dragging Tyra down, because she does not bother getting dolled up for panel this cycle. She has worn the same blonde wig every episode. In years past, especially before her talk show, Tyra would get styled in a new look at each panel, and looked fabulous.

I mean't that Tyra didn't care about Tiffany, I wasn't talking about her hair. You are right about her hair, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jptopmodel8;2661837;
    something has been bothering me for a while...well i was watching cycle 1 elimination 5...Elyse (one of my favorites) & Giselle was in the bottom 2...and i remember when tyra was giving Giselle her critique and she said "she taught Giselle had the best photo in terms of movement (i agree with her), and how when Giselle walked off stage she said how she think she messed up and that made Tyra change her mind" and gave Elyse her photo...Now that got me thinking if Giselle didn't walk off stage and said that would Elyse had been eliminated that week and causing her to not make it to Paris and take over and her not making it to 3rd place?
    What is even stranger is that Elyse still uses that photo in her portfolio to this day!
    Top Model LARPing! OMG!
    KatarXena Warrior Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron;2660260;
    What are the questions you've always had about ANTM, but never got the change to ask?

---
    When contestants are scouted (such as Sara(C6)), who are the casting agents and do they work directly for Tyra or the network? and speaking of Sara(C6): Did the casting agents at the mall follow the instructions they were given when they went to the mall and chose Sara (a woman who is tall,full lipped intelligent and athletic) or did the casting agents who chose Sara "walk off the reservation" so to speak(fail to follow instructions),(which of course would make Sara(C6) an accident) and if that is the case what were the original instructions given to the casting agents when they went to the mall just before cycle 6 to pick a contestant? What was the real reason for eliminating Sarah(C9) and what did Nigel say to Sarah(C9)off camera ?
    Last edited by amazonophile; 11-12-2007 at 08:49 PM. Reason: more questions to add
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

Team Katarzyna and Anya oxymoron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amazonophile;2663339;
    When contestants are scouted (such as Sara(C6)), who are the casting agents and do they work directly for Tyra or the network? and speaking of Sara(C6): Did the casting agents at the mall follow the instructions they were given when they went to the mall and chose Sara (a woman who is tall,full lipped intelligent and athletic) or did the casting agents who chose Sara "walk off the reservation" so to speak(fail to follow instructions),(which of course would make Sara(C6) an accident) and if that is the case what were the original instructions given to the casting agents when they went to the mall just before cycle 6 to pick a contestant? What was the real reason for eliminating Sarah(C9) and what did Nigel say to Sarah(C9)off camera ?
    I don't think the casting agents were looking for a specific type of person, I think they were just looking for a tall, modelesque-looking girl who had potential and could do well in a show like ANTM. I highly doubt that they had a specific frame to fill (Give me a 5'10.5 Brunette with curly hair and green eyes, wearing a red shirt and dark jeans and flats.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dara;2663043;
    What is even stranger is that Elyse still uses that photo in her portfolio to this day!
    really?! i didnt know that....does she use any of her other photos like the beauty shot with the snake, the jlo swimwear, stuff magazine, wonder bra in paris or her nude with diamonds or her black & white tyra shot?
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole