Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Questions you've always had about ANTM

Re: Questions you've always had about ANTM

Yeah, her attitude was poo but she def. knew how to model.

And while Lauren seemed to skate her way through the comp, she does seem not-as-bad in retrospect.

Question I've Always Had:
    Do the girls ever get tired standing the entire time in panel? Or restless?
    Last edited by ClrDeLun; 05-23-2008 at 09:05 AM.
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClrDeLun;3018331;
    Question I've Always Had:
    Do the girls ever get tired standing the entire time in panel? Or restless?
    I read somewhere that panel is much, much longer than what we see. So long that the girls have to take a break in the middle so they don't have to stand in heels for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by duckiies;3018498;
    I read somewhere that panel is much, much longer than what we see. So long that the girls have to take a break in the middle so they don't have to stand in heels for so long.

Wow, that must be long. But I can't see it being that long I mean wouldn't it only take like 30 minutes for all the girls to get their photo's critiqued?
    Homeless: Fatima Lingerie: Marvita Meat: Lauren Beauty Shot: Stacy Ann Music: Katarzyna Feurzabruta: Fatima Jet Setters: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Couture: Domininique Movie Icons: Anya CG Commercial: Anya CG Photo: Whitney

Quote Originally Posted by xXxANTMxXx;3019491;
    Wow, that must be long. But I can't see it being that long I mean wouldn't it only take like 30 minutes for all the girls to get their photo's critiqued?
    I've read in multiple places that panel lasts for hours. We probably don't see all of what the judges say to the girls in their individual evaluations, and we definitely don't see all of the judges deliberation. The length of panel would obviously depend on the amount of girls in the competition at the time, but say there are 10 girls, and they spend 5 minutes on each girl, and then allow for 1 minute to transition between girls. That's an hour right there. And I'm sure the judges probably spend more than 5 minutes on each girl, so that would make it even longer. And standing in one place without moving while wearing heals for a few hours would be very uncomfortable, so I can see why they take breaks and tell the girls to sit down.
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

FORT Fogey

Deliberation must take at least an hour. They have to judge all aspects of the model - personality, the photo, the "wow-factor" . Also, it must take a while to figure out the call out order.

I guess it would take around 1 hour for their photos to be critiqued. And another 2 or so hours deliberating. I guess it all makes sense.

I've always wanted to see the full length of a panel, for some reason when Tyra says "We've reached a decision" I don't think they have made it, I think they have just finished talking about each of the girls.
    Homeless: Fatima Lingerie: Marvita Meat: Lauren Beauty Shot: Stacy Ann Music: Katarzyna Feurzabruta: Fatima Jet Setters: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Couture: Domininique Movie Icons: Anya CG Commercial: Anya CG Photo: Whitney

Quote Originally Posted by xXxANTMxXx;3019581;
    I've always wanted to see the full length of a panel, for some reason when Tyra says "We've reached a decision" I don't think they have made it, I think they have just finished talking about each of the girls.
    What I've always thought is that Tyra really does say "We've reached a decision" at the end of the deliberation (like after they've figured out who's going home), but they cut and paste it so that it looks like she's saying it after they're done discussing. If that makes sense.
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

Elyse has said that the judging can go well into the night, to morning hours. There was one when it finished at 4am.

This could be due to many errors, camera's not working, Tyra & co. messing up their lines, noises in the background interrupting sound bytes.

Ah, the magic of editing.

___

I'm wondering, during panel each week, do the girls have to endure Tyra's little speech at the beginning like we do? "You all know our prizes..." I was watching several episodes and as Tyra speaks, you usually see the contestants OR Tyra, or usually a close up of some models smiling and nodding as if they're agreeing with something, even if the question seems like "Has it been a hard week?".

Ah, the magic of editing.

___

Why are they looking for edgier contestants when the prize is CoverGirl, a commercial programme?
    How the hell did Ann (c3) last so long?
    Why are Bianca's and Keenyah's heads so big?
    Why does Tyra insist on breaking down all strong competitors?
    Kahlen: " 'Looks to the left'.. woah!"

A world where 115 is healthy, 120 is plus sized and 125 is morbidly obese

In the Final 7 episode of Cycle 8, the acting one. Jaslene says "I should be ANTM because these bitches are *cat sound to censor out bad word*"

It's been KILLING me to find out what she said. I assume it's prostitutes but I'm not sure.

Why are they looking for edgier contestants when the prize is CoverGirl, a commercial programme?
    How the hell did Ann (c3) last so long?
    Why are Bianca's and Keenyah's heads so big?
    Why does Tyra insist on breaking down all strong competitors?
    1. Because no edgy makeup distributors would EVER be affilliated with ANTM
    2. Because Tyra thought she had potential
    3. Genetics
    4. It makes good TV

In cycle 10 episode 4, they were going to panel with food, coats, hats...
    Last edited by guii; 05-24-2008 at 10:03 PM.
    I'll miss Alamela.