Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Questions you've always had about ANTM

Re: Questions you've always had about ANTM

Quote Originally Posted by dongdongahdong;3015681;
    Is ANTM the only NTM with plus sizes in the competition?
    I thought about that after watch AusNTM.
    I think Britain had one, I think she came second. But other than that, I don't think so.
    Homeless: Fatima Lingerie: Marvita Meat: Lauren Beauty Shot: Stacy Ann Music: Katarzyna Feurzabruta: Fatima Jet Setters: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Couture: Domininique Movie Icons: Anya CG Commercial: Anya CG Photo: Whitney

Why are mostly the runner ups blondes? Shannon, Joanie, Melrose, Chantal, Natasha, Anya. We haven't had a black runner up or even brunette in general since cycle 5.
    Fatima: I feel like that’s the most important thing that anyone can take away from you – your choice.

Does anyone know when the girls do confessions? I think its every day they do the photoshoot because they always seem to have the same makeup and hair sometimes.
    Homeless: Fatima Lingerie: Marvita Meat: Lauren Beauty Shot: Stacy Ann Music: Katarzyna Feurzabruta: Fatima Jet Setters: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Couture: Domininique Movie Icons: Anya CG Commercial: Anya CG Photo: Whitney

Quote Originally Posted by xXxANTMxXx;3015711;
    Does anyone know when the girls do confessions? I think its every day they do the photoshoot because they always seem to have the same makeup and hair sometimes.
    Well there are two different kinds of confessionals.

The first kind is the confessional room in the house, where you can go in there and rant about whatever you want whenever you want to. According to Elyse, they were all required to spend 5 minutes in there per day, even if they were silently staring into the camera (and apparently Robin did just that: she stared down the camera for her requisite 5 minutes every day without ever saying a word). And of course you can do more than 5 your minutes per day if you want.

The second kind of confessional is when the producers ask them questions about things that have been going on for the past week. The girls have to restate what the question was in their answer (ex. Q: "Were you surprised that Tyra was your photographer?" A: "I was/wasn't surprised that Tyra was my photographer because...") in order to give it more of a narration effect and to allow the producers to kind of manipulate their answers. As far as when this happens, I remember reading in an interview (one of Victoria's, maybe) that they do these confessionals each week the day before the elimination. So it's very possible that they often happen on the day of the photo shoot often.

Wow sorry that was a long response, and probably a lot more than you were wanting to know lol. But hopefully someone will find it interesting.
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy4588;3015896;
    Well there are two different kinds of confessionals.

The first kind is the confessional room in the house, where you can go in there and rant about whatever you want whenever you want to. According to Elyse, they were all required to spend 5 minutes in there per day, even if they were silently staring into the camera (and apparently Robin did just that: she stared down the camera for her requisite 5 minutes every day without ever saying a word). And of course you can do more than 5 your minutes per day if you want.

The second kind of confessional is when the producers ask them questions about things that have been going on for the past week. The girls have to restate what the question was in their answer (ex. Q: "Were you surprised that Tyra was your photographer?" A: "I was/wasn't surprised that Tyra was my photographer because...") in order to give it more of a narration effect and to allow the producers to kind of manipulate their answers. As far as when this happens, I remember reading in an interview (one of Victoria's, maybe) that they do these confessionals each week the day before the elimination. So it's very possible that they often happen on the day of the photo shoot often.

Wow sorry that was a long response, and probably a lot more than you were wanting to know lol. But hopefully someone will find it interesting.

Thanks for that. I found it interesting Victoria always seems to spill anything about the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy4588;3015896;
    The other reason for restating the question is that it allows the producers to play up things about the girls, such as Elyse's being smarter than the other, Amanda's being legally blind, Victoria's going to Yale and Whitney's being plus-sized (and others as well).This way it could be shown that all those girls just talked about that one thing about themselves, even though that trait had nothing to do with the question itself. I'm not sure, but I think Elyse also said that if you didn't repeat the question, they would ask it over and over againg until you did, there was no avioding it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by xXxANTMxXx;3015701;
    I think Britain had one, I think she came second. But other than that, I don't think so.
    Yeah Louise did look plus size. She was beautiful but her attitude sucked a bit. However, I don't ever remember them talking about her being plus sized so I don't know if they just expected her to lose weight afterwards or what? But I didn't see the casting or anything so they might have said something then.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CHANTAL_lover;2974255;
    Can someone explain to me why the girls of ANTM aren't taken seriously in the fashion industry when girls from international NTM's are?
    Firstly, the international NTMs aren't taken much more seriously than ANTM--the exception is AusNTM.

ANTM casts characters who are likely to be interesting to watch, where as AusNTM is more willing to cast women who are actually modelesque, even if they are boring to watch. The majority of ANTM's girls are not at all like real fashion models--they are not tall or skinny enough, and are probably not pretty enough either, they don't have good enough skin, blah blah blah etc... The fact is, most real top models don't even go out looking to be models, they are approached by directors and asked to get involved. Coco Rocha was found performing as an Irish dancer, and Gemma Ward was discovered in the audience of a fashion show, I think. Please, correct me if I'm wrong on either of these.
    Lastly, in case you missed it, ANTM's shoots and challenges are jokes which only marginally relate to fashion modeling. A more realistic ANTM would be a lot more boring, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieboy;2984816;
    Why does Tyra choose to keep hot messes like Jaeda, Eugena, Bianca, and Dominique only so they can improve and beat out the already modelesque girls to only place no higher than 3rd place?

UGH.
    Race politics and drama, mostly. I've explained my theory on this numerous times, but here it is again--Tyra has a duty to showcase all ethnicities as beautiful, which means keeping black girls on the show, even if they are the weakest links. They also want to keep characters who are interesting to watch, or furthermore, easy to be hated. That way, each week, people will tune in, hoping to FINALLY see that bitch "insert name here* get kicked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmygosh;2984829;
    Why arent there a go see challenge overseas for cycle 10?
    is it because of Whitney being plus sized. the one earlier I dont really count because that was a team challenge, I always look forward to the gosees
    That's a bit of a reach. The one earlier counts, plain and simple, no matter how much anyone dislikes the team dynamic of the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by dominante;2985359;
    can someone answer me this.,.,

why is tyra getting less less less involved with the girls nowadays.,.,

and then critic them like she knows them a lot.,.,

girrll you you just see them in panel.,
    I think this was already answered, but it's because her talk show is much more important to her--and much more time consuming. Which is a shame, IMO, because the earlier seasons were so much better when she was around more often.

Quote Originally Posted by dongdongahdong;3015681;
    Is ANTM the only NTM with plus sizes in the competition?
    I thought about that after watch AusNTM.
    AusNTM has Demelza, LOLOLOLOLOL

No, but for real, BNTM3's Louise would have been considered plus sized on ANTM. They never focused on it, though, but she was in no way a standard size. AusNTM's Alex Perry has stated he doesn't believe plus sizes belong in fashion, and that ANTM can keep them.
    Other than Louise, I can't recall any contestants who have been a plus size who were not on ANTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmygosh;3015704;
    Why are mostly the runner ups blondes? Shannon, Joanie, Melrose, Chantal, Natasha, Anya. We haven't had a black runner up or even brunette in general since cycle 5.
    Because Tyra wants to prove that Barbie types will always get beaten by a more interesting brunette.
    Honestly, I don't know. Can't we just say it's up to chance?

LOL at the Demelza diss! She's the devil.

And if there's one plus-sized who ever deserved to win a NTM show, it was Louise. She was consistantly good throughout her span but she had these amazing moments of model brilliance that went unmatched in her BNTM cycle.
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

FORT Fanatic

^That's true. It was just her attitude that sucked. She wasn't that comfortable with her body and I could imagine her having serious rows with people such as agents and bookers, who tell her what she doesn't want to hear. Lauren is doing quite well though in BNTM terms. She has a campaign for Babyliss hair stylists and I don't know if they are around abroad, but that's quite a big deal over here.