Page 5 of 166 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Elyse

Originally posted by detsister
    True, Robin is not tactful. But, telling someone your opinion of their behavior (whether that opinion is right or wrong) shows at least some integrity. Talking about someone behind their back does not. This is especially true when Elyse is talking directly to a camera and knows that the person that she is talking about will hear it later, when Elyse is long gone.
    Well, should she then keep it all inside and turn into a bitter witch? This is reality TV show, not real life, these confessionals are what the producers expect from the players, additionally we only see chosen clips. And I would hate the girls never say an evil thing, it's not utopia they are living in, and it is not like other girls would not pick on Elyse. They all deliver their fair share.

And who knows how much Elyse really stresses her intelligence, probably it is all overly edited, so that people would think that even models can be smart. It would give a really stereotypical picture of modeling world if all they'd show would be bunch of smiling Barbies living in peace and harmony, I would think producers have other goals for this show.

An Article of Elyse

http://www.abqjournal.com/paperboy/i...ws05-31-03.htm

Something in this article makes me think Elyse won't be winning the competition...

" Elyse is in Albuquerque now, [her brother] said, waiting to hear from medical schools and watching the show each week. "

I hope this doesn't mean what I think it does. But they wouldn't let info like that slip, would they?

Re: An Article of Elyse

Originally posted by Salome
    http://www.abqjournal.com/paperboy/i...ws05-31-03.htm

Something in this article makes me think Elyse won't be winning the competition...

" Elyse is in Albuquerque now, [her brother] said, waiting to hear from medical schools and watching the show each week. "

I hope this doesn't mean what I think it does. But they wouldn't let info like that slip, would they?
    I think that's what it means.

FORT Newbie
    Damn!

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    That doesn't sound too good for her chances of winning. Maybe she won and is waiting for assignments or just told them she didn't want it after all. Whatever it means I'm sure she'll be ok. She's a survivor.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Whatever. I kind of am glad that she didn't "win," because it would definitely interfer in her aspirations to become a doctor. I'm just glad she made it this far, and I want her to win second place -- Adrianne deserves to win because she really wants it, is sincere and committed, and has only had one really bad episode (Paris I), and Elyse should be the runner up just to show those idiot girls she's better than they give her credit for.
    +Amy+

Quote:

"Most people are like that because they don't like conflict. She's entitled to her feelings. At least she isn't rude to people to their faces like Robin is."

Yes! Also, as for supposed intellectual superiority, I think it <i>is</i> true. If you read the text versions of the episodes on UPN's website, you'll notice that the only people who are ever directly quoted in relation to events are Elyse (primarily) and Adrianne (less often). Whenever the other girls are quoted, which is quite rare, it is a relatively simple matter to compare, if not intelligence, eloquence based on diction. Giselle, for example: "it's like, not fair! She was all 'You ho!' and so I was all 'Nuh uh!' and it was like, we have to rumble." Elyse actually has relavent commentary on things. Oh well. And Robin doesn't say anything, and Shannon just repeats the same thing ad nauseam: no smoke, no drinky, no sexy. I want to kick her in the face. Ha! Betcha if she got laid she'd losen up a bit.
    +Amy+

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I just want to put in something that I forgot.

<b>Robin is not fat.</b>

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I don't think it really says whether she wins or not. It just means that she applied to medical schools.

Elyse and Adrianne in my opinion have what it takes. There are certain things expected of a top model - perfection is not one.

Elyse is smart, eloquent, openminded and she has the looks of a model. She is definitely further molding material.
    I hate the speculating around her eating habits. If she is thin and doesn't eat a lot it doesn't necessarily mean she has an eating disorder.
    If the rest of the girls are constantly hungry and have pizza cravings it does not mean something is wrong with Elyse. It is OK to show concern if somebody has obvious health problems, but most opinions on the show are just pure prejudice based on Elyse's look.

I have been skiny all my life and I am not much of an eater and I have often came across people judging me and being smartass about how I should gain weight. I never had any health problems or eating disorders but people easily come to conclusions just because they've seen a stupid movie about anorexia on TV. Does that make them professionals that oughtta give advice to everybody???

Sometimes it is purely jealousy, but most of all it is the 'not fitting the norms'. Obesity has in some ways become acceptable because there are so many obese people screaming for their right to not being judged. But it is not quite so for people who are underweight...

EDIT- Line removed by Moderator
    Last edited by Bill; 06-25-2003 at 02:46 PM.

LinkBacks (?)