Page 4 of 166 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Elyse

FORT Newbie
    Quote:

Elyse is nice to everyone's face and speaks her mind on camera. It's called "GETTING ALONG WITH OTHERS". If she let everyone know what she was thinking there would be a lot of trouble. Most people are like that because they don't like conflict. She's entitled to her feelings. At least she isn't rude to people to their faces like Robin is.

I call this approach described above as being two-faced. Still, I think Robin's rude approach is equally as undesireable.

Originally posted by withoutasol
    we want girls to accept their body image, but that has lead to an epidemic where 50 percent or more adults are classified as obese.
    I don't think society tells girls to accept their body image, I would say it's the opposite. Plastic surgery has never been more popular; now you can even audition for a show where it's the prize! Women in magazines, TV, etc. are skinnier than the average woman. I don't want to belabor this point because it's been said many times, but I don't see the link between the growing child obesity problem and society somehow accepting obesity. I think in a 13-year-old's world, the message is pretty clear - be thin or no one will date you.

I think the way public schools sell Taco Bell and Pepsi in the cafeteria nowadays may have more to do with expanding waistlines than societal pressures. It's incredible how far from basic nutrition schools have traveled so that they can make a little extra money from sponsorship. I heard someone describe McDonald's 39cent hamburgers as the real WMDs - Weapons of Mass Destruction.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fan
    Elyse is intellectually superior to the others (yes, even Robin who can't even speak in full sentences). Maybe it is different in real life, but by what they have shown of the women so far it is true...without a doubt.

urban cowgirl
    wow, over 33,000 views!?!

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I'm thinking that is some sort of glitch. How could one thread have 33,000 views compared the most modest views of all the other threads in this section? Curious, very curious.

FORT Regular
    the number of views just jumped by 2000. lol

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Originally posted by MattyBravo
    Elyse is intellectually superior to the others (yes, even Robin who can't even speak in full sentences). Maybe it is different in real life, but by what they have shown of the women so far it is true...without a doubt.
    I have doubt. ;-)

As for speaking in complete sentences, ...

What was I saying?

Originally posted by CynamonKis
    Quote:

Plenty of intelligent people have eating disorders.

True, they do, but I would think that people medically trained, even pre-med students, would have the knowledge and intelligence to deal with weight management issues in a more safe and healthy manner.
    Eating disorders generally aren't about not being aware of safety and health issues. They are about control, pressure to conform, self-esteem and self-perception. If the thought process in one of those areas is skewed, then intelligence, medical training and common sense takes a back seat. Plenty of anorexics and bulimics know they are doing something dangerous but something inside drives them to continue, even as they seek treatment sometimes.

urban cowgirl
    i used to be bulimic, but not hard core. it's a sensitive issue. you can never mention it just casually to someone, wanting to talk about why you do it, and try to understand it. people tend to freak out about it.

want a crazy look at eating disorder? just type in "ana" and "mia" or pro-ana or pro-mia in google and look at the things that are out there.

FORT Newbie

Elyse is nice to everyone's face and speaks her mind on camera. It's called "GETTING ALONG WITH OTHERS". If she let everyone know what she was thinking there would be a lot of trouble. Most people are like that because they don't like conflict. She's entitled to her feelings. At least she isn't rude to people to their faces like Robin is.

True, Robin is not tactful. But, telling someone your opinion of their behavior (whether that opinion is right or wrong) shows at least some integrity. Talking about someone behind their back does not. This is especially true when Elyse is talking directly to a camera and knows that the person that she is talking about will hear it later, when Elyse is long gone.

LinkBacks (?)