Page 3 of 166 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Elyse

A friend of Giselle testshootcom's Avatar
    elyse is cute, and well, maybe the stress contributes to her weightloss. also look at her bone structure, she just seems pre disposed to it.

only SHE knows.

and what is an eating disorder? someone that eats a portion that makes YOU feel like a glutton?

regardless of this show, she will do just fine on her own.
    --------====tSc====--------
    Timothy Hunold
    AIM: TestShootcom
    Yahooim: TestShootcom
    ICQ#: 21478689
    TestShoot.com
    --------====tSc====--------

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by testshootcom
    ...and what is an eating disorder? someone that eats a portion that makes YOU feel like a glutton?
    It's pretty much one of the worst afflictions on Earth.

FORT Newbie
    Elyse MAY be naturally thin, she MAY have an eating disorder...maybe time will tell...maybe we'll never know...ultimately it is her issue.

The point is that although there ARE people who are naturally that thin it is not the norm ...just like being 300lbs is not the norm. We make assumptions and jump to conclusions about both types of people....one must be anorexic, the other a glutton.

The difference is that it is more acceptable for someone to be almost "sickly" thin than a "plus" size

Elyse is beautiful and smart but I think she is just as self-righteous and intolerant as Robyn...only in a different way.

Anyone who can, w/ a straight face, refer to themselves as "intellectually superior" (she just couldn't say "smarter"??) is just as deluded as the one who represents herself as "perfect"

The main difference between the two is what society accepts .....we accept intellectual snobs but repudiate religious ones.

What really intrigues me about the show is that I used to "be" Elyse (miss better than/you know it all)...then I "became" Robyn..(miss holier than thou/don't want to be tainted by your sin) so I can tell you from experience....its the same self-righteous mind-set...there is no difference.

Originally posted by tajmahal
    its the same self-righteous mind-set...there is no difference.
    Just being objective here, but someone who completed two college degrees in three years is my intellectual superior. If nothing else, Elyse has tangibly proven she is intelligent. Robyn may or may not be spiritually perfect.

As to their mind set, it's hard for me to criticize either of them for dishing on anybody else - after all, isn't that what we're doing on FORT? If you were on TV, wouldn't you be doing the same? It's an extremely rare person that would fail to comment on anyone else's failings. It may not be the most attractive thing to do but it is human nature.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie
    I like Elyse's intelligence but she is pale and quite bony...I don't know if I'd go as far as to say she has an eating disorder, because she seems too intelligent for that, but she is too bony for words.....but sigh, since this seems to be America's standard of beauty she'll probably win

I am a very skinny girl....i have everyone commenting on my skinnies.....even i have a doctor who watch me 24 hours at my expense because i was so confused that many ppl think i am an anorexic to the point that i doubt myself. But really I am not and i am just eating a LOT. well apparently i have a very unique metabolism that i am just burning everything that i eat. But really, If I am elys....I will be upset too to the point that people will start to think that i am in denial.

oh yeah...i am an overachiever, perfectionist, moody, and of course i am hostile to those who accuse me of having eating disorders without knowing me for sure. Now I just dont care and i am pride with my body and if they accuse me of that ...so what....i am happy with it and there is nothing wrong, and people who knows me know that I didnt sneak to the bathroom to throw up in the middle of the night.

So plz....skinny not meaning anorexic. It just bugs me a lottt.
    I love you, you love me....hei where is grant when we need her???? stuck in LA???

this whole image thing is a double edged sword. we want girls to accept their body image, but that has lead to an epidemic where 50 percent or more adults are classified as obese. yet on the other hand we have the bulemics and anorexics...

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Elyse is nice to everyone's face and speaks her mind on camera. It's called "GETTING ALONG WITH OTHERS". If she let everyone know what she was thinking there would be a lot of trouble. Most people are like that because they don't like conflict. She's entitled to her feelings. At least she isn't rude to people to their faces like Robin is.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I don't know if I'd go as far as to say she has an eating disorder, because she seems too intelligent for that, but she is too bony for words.
    Plenty of intelligent people have eating disorders.

Just being objective here, but someone who completed two college degrees in three years is my intellectual superior.
    Actually, I don't think that takes intelligence as much as time management skills. I've known plenty of students to have done the same. Elyse has different interests than the other women. However, whether she is truly their intellectual superior is arguable. Robin has a BA and an MA.

I don't know whether Elyse has an eating disorder, but I don't think it will matter if she does in the modeling business. I do know that she's academically inclined. She might want to think about which gives her more pleasure and satisfaction.

FORT Newbie
    Quote:

Plenty of intelligent people have eating disorders.

True, they do, but I would think that people medically trained, even pre-med students, would have the knowledge and intelligence to deal with weight management issues in a more safe and healthy manner.

LinkBacks (?)