Page 12 of 166 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Elyse

FORT Fogey
    I'll be sold if the winner is legitimately working as a model. That is demanding and impressive enough. Doesn't have to be "top," whatever that means.

ILuvRobin
    ok...you are probably right, especially since it is the first one...I just have high expectations though, and some others(critics) need to be like proven wrong...

FORT Fogey
    It is a high expectation to be doing high fashion/runway in NYC. The numbers of agency-represented folks that can make a living doing it are astonishingly low compared to the numbers of folks that want to or give it a go.

ILuvRobin
    ok...that is true...it is amazing how people aspire to be model and get out because they don't have the connections, or they just lose the focus

FORT Fogey
    Most don't make it because they simply don't have the look. Of those that do, it requires making it your top priority and showing it a dedication on par with the efforts you'd give grad or technical school. More so, in fact, because you are learning and working at the same time--all compacted into your five year window.

ILuvRobin
    ok..which is probably why they want young women(preferably teens to do it) to it...that makes since....

FORT Fogey
    Sure but that's not to say you're out of a job in your mid- to late-20s. Janice has been saying too old to start, not that you'll get kicked out once you reach that age. If you're delivering and in-demand, you're staying.

Elyse as a actress...

I personally think Elyse would make a great actress. Clear voice. A personality that shines through.

FORT Fan
    Some clients will steer clear of the reality tv show notariety that accompies the winner. Others might devour it because it means guaranteed press.
    It doesn't seem like Parisian clients would be affected by the tv show either way since ANTM isn't international. Elyse would have to start out as a completely fresh face though, being relatively obscure in France.

She obviously will not be donning Victoria's Secret angel wings anytime soon. She belongs in the fashion shows where there's none of that intentional attitude and sexy hip swaying. Just walking straight ahead, expressionless, as the coathanger, like she does already. That's my impression of Parisian fashion shows, as opposed to the ones in the United States.

24 hours left...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Boohoo102
    It doesn't seem like Parisian clients would be affected by the tv show either way since ANTM isn't international. Elyse would have to start out as a completely fresh face though, being relatively obscure in France.
    Marilyn Gauthier's agency representing her, eh? After the winner is announced I'll see if I can dig up that info. However, I'm sure word of her background would spread like hot brie on a baguette.

Just walking straight ahead, expressionless, as the coathanger, like she does already. That's my impression of Parisian fashion shows, as opposed to the ones in the United States.
    Actually, the Paris shows require the girls to be just as glammy and spectacular as the other majors. Here's but a few links to convince you.

(Note attitude and hip swaying)

http://www.theage.com.au/photogaller...144901914.html

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...p=gls=1=13=91=

http://www.hindustantimes.com/2003/A...00200040,0.htm (slow to load but worth it)

There are those zombie-type shows but we have those in the States as well.

LinkBacks (?)