Page 11 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Elyse

FORT Fan
    No, appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live does not mean Elyse won...I expect she was picked to appear over Adrianne and Shannon because she's the most articulate and entertaining...Since it's a live show she might accidently give us hints about the final outcome.
    i used to think her appearing on jimmy kimmel meant that she lost. but now i'm thinking that she would just be most capable of attracting viewers to the finale. and probably least likely out of the three to accidentally give us that clue we're all looking for.

i too will definitely be glued to the set anyway.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Dish
    That's the way it works in real model searches and competitions. In this case, however, I have my doubts about the winner having a successful high fashion/runway career, let alone any of the runners-up.
    I think it's pretty clear from the reactions of the professionals from week to week that ELyse could have a career in modelling if she wished, whether or not she wins the competition. Especially if she chose to start out in Paris.

FORT Fogey
    I'll be the first to eat crow if she does, whether in Paris, NYC or Boise.

ILuvRobin
    she could...the question is whether she would have the desire to deal with the day-to-day grind of modeling...That is the question for me apart from this...That maybe after a while she could get tired of it and go to Med School

FORT Fogey
    Well that's part of the question. Another is how Wilhelmina will market her and to what kinds of clients. Would she be a model or a "model from that reality TV show."

The winner has two months remaining before the Spring 2004 shows so we'll see relatively soon how the career is going.

ILuvRobin
    right...that is true, they might "typecast" her appeal and that could hurt her if she wins

FORT Fogey
    Some clients will steer clear of the reality tv show notariety that accompies the winner. Others might devour it because it means guaranteed press.

The question is, who are these clients and how quickly will they ring Wilhelmina's phone?

ILuvRobin
    yep, you said it right...My thing is how long can Elyse can be considered a "serious" model, because of the reality show if she is the winner..If she is top-notch, then no problem, but whoever wins will have to a lot of pressure to live up to that billing..Not just for a season either...Longevitity is important

FORT Fogey
    For ANTM 2 to have validity, it has to have the first ANTM winner to point to and say, "Ah, look! A working model!"

ILuvRobin
    you are right on point...he can't be a "one-hit wonder"...if the winner, can be a true top model then it will open the door for more talent...

LinkBacks (?)