Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying things on ANTM

Premium Member

Re: Annoying things on ANTM

Quote Originally Posted by puffter;2621373;
    TYRA

really get annoyed by the way she says "strong" with the 's' as 'sh'...so now its Shtrong...
    I'm glad it's not just me - that drives me completely nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruairidh1992;2616725;
    I think that if it became "real" it would be cancelled, I don't think its as bad as people say it is, the only thing's that are problem is that new models or most top models don't live the lifestyle ANTM promotes, the show teaches girls skills that they'd never need and could emphazise more on skills they do need, Tyra trys to promote too many different types of beauty and the girls are bearly as ground-breaking as Tyra thinks they are I mean Sarah and Diana have been the only decent plus-sizes so far in my opinion. I think those are the major pet-peeves.
    I've been reading your posts, you're an insightful 15 year old... 15 going on 35... haha. I think you're exactly right, if they changed things up and made it more real all the entertainment would go right out the window. Part of the fun of ANTM is the fact that it's going to be so ghetto and cheap and silly and ridiculous and Tyra obsessed... if it were a very "real" look at modeling without all the Tyra cheesecake it wouldn't be fun at all, and I don't think even a third of the people would watch.

In terms of the plus sized girls, what people don't seem to get is that Tyra is not trying to show 13 girls who could all be a convincing winner, she's showing 1 winner, and 12 girls who NEED her promoting to get the career they want, or they'd never stand a chance. Robin and Tocarra and Diana have had some very nice success and they probably wouldn't have ever gotten half as far without our nutty little Tyrant.

So Miss Jay is annoying to some, and Jay comes off as mean, and Tyra seems so vain she probably thinks that everything is about her, it's still a good show. I think the fact that people harp on all it could be and rip it apart just shows how much they love and care about the show, and ultimately Tyra Banks herself. Otherwise she wouldn't even register on their snarkometers... heh
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you don’t buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove;2621969;

In terms of the plus sized girls, what people don't seem to get is that Tyra is not trying to show 13 girls who could all be a convincing winner, she's showing 1 winner, and 12 girls who NEED her promoting to get the career they want, or they'd never stand a chance. Robin and Tocarra and Diana have had some very nice success and they probably wouldn't have ever gotten half as far without our nutty little Tyrant.
    i just have to say, usually the winner is the one who NEEDS promoting to get the career they want. Adrianne, Yoanna, Eva all had shortcomings and Tyra wanted to prove that they ARE models, but hey the fashion industry obviously didn't agree. the other girls in the competition could work in the industry as they are but that's boring to Tyra and while the idea is great she should be more realistic about it.
    but that's why i was fine with Jaslene winning, she wouldn't get anywhere without ANTM. but it also has to do with drive i guess, Adrianne didn't want to be emaciated so she didn't get work, i don't think yoanna could ever have the right body for fashion, and now that she does she is too old. Eva was waaaay too actress, and Nicole had NO drive.

FORT Fogey

Annoying things on ANTM???

...Ebony!

That the winner was the best model of the cycle. As for the winner needing the show more the other girls to succeed, I think it has worked both ways. Tyra kept some girls far too long in competition (Ann, Bre, Eugena, Jade) who has done well post show, and eliminated others too early (Mollie Sue, Samantha, AJ) and they have done well post show as well.
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

What annoys me the most, is the fact that some girls make it on the show thanks to their sob story. I doubt that someone like Karl Lagerfeld would hire a girl that is too short, too big or just too plain to be a top model, simply because she was molested or her mother died in a plane crash. He would probably just say: ' you're trash that is funny for 5 minutes, but you are no Gemma Ward', just like he did in Vanity Fair.

Congrats Whitney! reneealldeway19's Avatar

As stated by many others, I HATE when Tyra puts in those fake fake fake fake chessesy voice overs. They are so fake you can hear the difference. And I really hate the judges for searching for the one bad thing about a contestant and drawing it out Really really big, then eliminating her for it: ex. Samantha, and her inability to act sexy. Ok, well Samantha was really young, and just out of high school! Give her a break. But the one thing that drives me ABSOLUTELY INSANE is when Tyra pulls out one of her "stories" to explain why the girls should have been more like her and done better. AHHHH!! The insanity!
    "I miss Aimee...." "I stomp the KATwalk!"
    Danielle:"You see the sun set...you see it rise. You see the Eiffel Tower, you hear the crows caw, and Nnenna's still on the phone!"
    (Download the ANTM Fade Away Song
    Here:http://www.mediafire.com/?1nn1m45xhz5) (My ANTM 10 Head Quarters)

The other thing I noticed is that whenever a girl seems upset or a bit down...tyra gets this 'calculative oh-I-need-to-get-some-drama-out-of-her-for-tv look' and then in a measured voice asks " whats upsetting you Ebony/lisa/Sarah/some name? Tell us whats going on?"

I understand that its a reality show but she could atleast act concerned or show some empathy!

Quote Originally Posted by reneealldeway19;2627226;
    As stated by many others, I HATE when Tyra puts in those fake fake fake fake chessesy voice overs. They are so fake you can hear the difference. And I really hate the judges for searching for the one bad thing about a contestant and drawing it out Really really big, then eliminating her for it: ex. Samantha, and her inability to act sexy. Ok, well Samantha was really young, and just out of high school! Give her a break. But the one thing that drives me ABSOLUTELY INSANE is when Tyra pulls out one of her "stories" to explain why the girls should have been more like her and done better. AHHHH!! The insanity!
    Sometimes I think what if you could back to 16-year old Tyra, and ask her if she knew all these things she tells the girls. Did she know about the industry? Did she know how pose exactly every time? Did she know everything and did she think about all possibilities? She says so, but come on she was 16!

Quote Originally Posted by reneealldeway19;2627226;
    I totally agree