Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying things on ANTM

Re: Annoying things on ANTM

The voice overs are blatantly obvious, and mostly are used to make Tyra look better.

tes

Couple things that annoys me is Benni Ninja, everything about him is annoying to me.
    The other thing is the made the episodes really obvious of who's going to be eliminated....

When Tyra eliminates girls who shouldn't even be eliminated. I still want to know why Lisa was eliminated over Jayla, and Britney over Dionne (I think).

EDIT: Tyra always brings out situations about how the older cast did something and expect the current cast to do the same thing.
    Exp: The sick situations, bringing up Danielle as her defense.
    Last edited by jamiroquai; 10-19-2007 at 12:39 AM.
    Paulina: Do you sleep in the nude or with pajamas?
    Fatima: I sleep in the nude actually.
    Paulina: Cool!
    [c10]

What ennoys me the most, is the blahblah about high fashion. They're looking for a new Cover Girl, so go home with the "high fashion". Also, none of the shoots look high fashion to me, I mean, buy an issue of Vogue and compare. Those girls are not hing fashion, the only few that were, gor eliminated (Mollie Sue as best example). Also, those awful weaves are NOT high fashion. The first thing your agency will ask, is to get that out.

watch, the next thing you know, the panel is going to blame a girl for being TOO high fashion. its a load of bull :nono

I forgot to mention one BIG thing which irritates me.
    It's the fact the judges talk about heather's profile, but look at jenah and bianca, it's always the same angle of their side profile and i don't even talk about dani because her protfolio in cycle 6 was ALL side profile so.....

what would stam do? distractionx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KDAKI;2619247;
    watch, the next thing you know, the panel is going to blame a girl for being TOO high fashion. its a load of bull :nono
    already happened in cycle 1. tyra and kimmora said elyse was too high fashion and couldn't do things like sports illustrated or victoria's secret.

really, tyra was offended by how elyse said modeling was superficial and couldn't get passed her own subjectiveness so she gave her the boot.

i hate the new digs every time. i liked the first season (just rewatched it on VH1) when they had them in a hotel, and the panel room was tiny, and everyone lived on top of each other when they went abroad... then it felt like they were trying to emulate a model's life. Plus they did things like meet a French designer and try on real couture. They learned how to walk. They had to exercise with a trainer. They had dinner in Mr. Jay's apartment.

now it might as well be the Surreal Life, with as little the surroundings have to do with how models really live. and no more challenges at panel. and very little runway walking.

Quote Originally Posted by KDAKI;2619247;
    Wasn't the same also said of Rebecca Hardy (winner of CNTM Cycle 2) during the show? I remember them worrying whether or not she could pull off the CG shoot (which she did, I liked it! ^^).

They might have been mentioned already.

1. Announcing every prize and making 3 minute introduction for every judge in EVERY EPISODE! That seriously makes me angry and I want to change the channel or something. It gets so repetitive and annoying. Especially since both the prizes and judges have been all the same for a number of years now and those of us who watch the show all the time have to hear that ALL THE TIME. That's my biggest pet peeve with the show.

2. Tyra's constant attempt to make the show about herself. Like I know, she made this show, blah blah, but does she always have to try and steal the girls' spotlight with her own stories, pictures, experiences, etc? Ugh.

3. The riddance of panel challenges. I always liked those. I wonder if they got rid of them because they were out of ideas for new challenges? Well, they could have just recycled some previous ones. No harm in that.

4. Photoshoots. This season there has been HUGE improvement over the last two seasons, but still. I don't know if it's Jay's fault because he's the 'art direction' or what, but they tend to be so tacky with the photoshoots.