Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Annoying things on ANTM

Re: Annoying things on ANTM

Quote Originally Posted by Zilverlelie;2949594;
    What really really annoys me, is that on ANTM they keep talking about models like Gisele, Adriana, Kate Moss, Twiggy etc. as THE examples.
    I never hear anything about the topmodels of the moment.
    You forgot Linda E. If I had a dollar for everytime she was mentioned at makeover time, I'd have less money than when they mention Mia Farrow.

I always relish when they use more recent examples, like when Kim was compared to Omahyra in C5. But yeah, all she apparently knows are the models from the 90s. Like she stopped following fashion on the last day of 1999.

Plus, did they even mention Gemma with Kimberly this cycle?
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

cdee/heather fan dongdongahdong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClrDeLun;2951062;
    You forgot Linda E. If I had a dollar for everytime she was mentioned at makeover time, I'd have less money than when they mention Mia Farrow.

I always relish when they use more recent examples, like when Kim was compared to Omahyra in C5. But yeah, all she apparently knows are the models from the 90s. Like she stopped following fashion on the last day of 1999.

Those are all true, I really think the top model these days should be mentioned in the show as well. But I think the reason they mention those models from the 90s is because the average ANTM watcher will know who they are as opposed to mentioning someone like Jessica Stam, Coco, or Agyness. If I have never came to FORT, or delve into the modeling world, I would have never known who those models are.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

She continually pulls out the 'personality' card. I'm about sick of that.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

tyra always mentions the HF models of the 90's but i havent seen the HF on the current antm winner. and bets tyra has... im totally annoyed too of the favoritism tyra has! the other judges are just decorations because tyra makes all decisions.
    trust in God,have faith
    FANTASTIC KATALYST/KATWALKER
    "KATAlyzing the KATwalk"
    Kataclauremeenya

Claire & Anya & Kata Zilverlelie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClrDeLun;2951062;

I don't think so, but I don't really care about that, cause I don't see the Gemma-resemblance at all. Gemma has that alien-esque unearthy beauty, whereas Kimberly has a more pinched face. I think she looks way more like Reese Witherspoon than she does look like Gemma.

But besides that...
    Tyra just trains her girls to be a Victoria's Secret model. Where you have to have that bubbly personality and attitude on the catwalk.
    But in the fashionworld of today, it's not like that anymore. Tyra has to wake up out of the '90's.
    Anya: Aw, great! My first step in Rome and I eat it on the ground!

FORT Newbie

By far the most annoying thing is Tyra'a arrogance....most blatantly displayed in her complete insensitivity to the pronunciation of Katazyna's name (accent on the third syallable)...even after being reminded of it more than once. People's names should be treated with respect. Not only does she make no attempt to get it right, she dismisses the girl with a wave of her hand like she's royalty or something. Sheesh, what a diva!! And the other judges act like her flunkies. I predict the show will self-destruct because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Karma7;2951538;
    By far the most annoying thing is Tyra'a arrogance....most blatantly displayed in her complete insensitivity to the pronunciation of Katazyna's name (accent on the third syallable)...even after being reminded of it more than once. People's names should be treated with respect. Not only does she make no attempt to get it right, she dismisses the girl with a wave of her hand like she's royalty or something. Sheesh, what a diva!! And the other judges act like her flunkies. I predict the show will self-destruct because of this.
    Amen! I already complained about this, so I won't say anymore, but I totally agree.

Claire & Anya & Kata Zilverlelie's Avatar

I know. Tyra gets on my nerves more and more.
    Anya: Aw, great! My first step in Rome and I eat it on the ground!

The most annoying thing on this show is a certain bald ex-photographer judge who's name starts with Nigel and ends with Barker.

Well, one of the most annoying things
    to me, is the fact that every cycle theres
    at least one girl who doesn't get along with
    anyone, and always says "this is a competition and
    I don't have to get along with anyone else.

Yes, we understand it's a competition
    Competition- The act of competing; rivalry for supremacy, a prize, etc.