Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Annoying things on ANTM

Re: Annoying things on ANTM

The judges' rudeness to the girls is the most annoying thing. You can give constructive criticism without calling the girls names or mocking them.

cdee/heather fan dongdongahdong's Avatar

Tyra needs to realize that mocking the girls is not funny, I cringe every time! Example: How she treated Stacy Ann and what she said about her at judging was just plain unnecessary.

I can't stand the covergirl sponsorship and seventeen prizes. It's becoming so predictable...

On another note, Nigel is aggravating too. Can we replace him with another judge already?!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by antm10wordpress;2929452;
    The judges' rudeness to the girls is the most annoying thing. You can give constructive criticism without calling the girls names or mocking them.
    Totally agree with you there. It's patronising, basically it's what the bitches you hated in school did, put you down for the fun of it. I certaintly don't see the criticism involved in making fun of someone's accent or behaviour (if you just said, "You need to quit it" or, "Tone it down", I'm sure they would understand what you are saying without a demonstration!).

Take Anya this week, Tyra said she thought her accent might freak people out at the party, and then proceeded to mock her accent, I'm sure Anya understood what she meant when she said her accent might freak out people as she does have ears! Tyra impersonating her previously at judging as well especially during the deliberation part annoys me, and Anya has to take it because during the deliberation the girls are in a waiting room and can't be at the panel to stick up for themselves. Very nasty and two-faced thing to do really.

Tyra has the cheek to call Katarzyna "snobby" yet she is the one who is the supermodel and thinks she is above everyone else so she mocks them or takes a low blow shot that has nothing to do with modelling to make them look bad.

Dominique is also a victim of this, with the whole drag-queen thing and Whitney with the Miss America immitaions and Lauren's awkwardness or as they call it "Frankenstein".

It's called bullying and they only do it really to get a laugh from viewers! It's cute when Tyra says Stacy-Ann in that voice as she isn't putting her down, but when the judges mock their accents or their behaviour it is just not right at all as they can tell them how to not do it without being condescending towards them!!!

^^^
    ITA.....
    Oh GOd, I wish somebody would come along and bitch-slap Tyra!!
    One day, Katarzyna will accost Tyra on the catwalk, sparta-Kick her off it and yell "This is KATARZYNA!!!"

Claire & Anya & Kata Zilverlelie's Avatar

What really really annoys me, is that on ANTM they keep talking about models like Gisele, Adriana, Kate Moss, Twiggy etc. as THE examples.
    I never hear anything about the topmodels of the moment.
    Anya: Aw, great! My first step in Rome and I eat it on the ground!

I agree with the last three posters. Tyra is not much of a role model with the way she teases and bullies the girls instead of being constructive. Nor does she care about what makes a real top model in todays industry. In her defense though I think Tyra is looking to be the one who starts a new trend in what models look like rather than following the current one.
    Top Model LARPing! OMG!
    KatarXena Warrior Princess.

ALL the stuff tyra did when she had 17

when I was 17 I did that and I walked for this designer 4 times, when I was 17 I was...., when I was 17 years old, back in paris I...

I Know The Judges Can Be Mean, But I Actually Think Miss J & Paulina mean no harm and are actually pretty good at giving constructive criticism. And BTW, I Loved when Miss Jay said about dominique, "I Still Think She's A Brotha". I Laughed My Butt Off.
    MY ANTM WINNERS:

1. Shannon | 2. Shandi | 3. Amanda | 4. Kahlen | 5. Nik | 6. Joanie | 7. Melrose | 8. Jaslene | 9. Jenah | 10. Anya

Tyra just said another annoying thing about her last episode. When she told the girls that she already walked at the Spanish Step 4 times. The way she said is very annoying and arrogant but I laughed out loud when I rewatch it.

She's so gorgous though in the panel last episode.
    Homeless: Kimberly Lingerie: Katarzyna
    Meat: Claire Paint: Dominique
    Music: Anya Fuerzabruta: Fatima Jetsetter: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Rennaisance: Dominique Paparazzi: Anya Covergirl: Whitney